• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    evening folks~
    15,000 steps .. most of it at the gym.. but im feelin good!!!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    lisa!!!! sounds promising, holding good thoughts that it works out!!!

Karen from ny
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Got in my second 2 mile walk. I'm hoping to go for a third if the rain holds off. And I am hammering in the wood floor board in the bedroom. The Kettlebell swing really comes in handy for that type of work!

Lisa - yay! Definitely thinking good thoughts for you!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm back from London. Will write more tomorrow. :) Very tired.

My son got the job. :drinker:

Here's a snap I took as we walked back to Waterloo Station over Hungerford Bridge. It was stunning in real life, but my phone camera couldn't do it justice. You can see St Paul's Cathedral.

h8a2kkvs465v.jpg

Love Heather UK
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather - Hooray for your son on the job becoming permanent and the pic is gorgeous, thanks.

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Penny: I can remember when my Dad got excited about seeing Northern Lights when I was a child. Our atmosphere isn't clean enough to see them this far south now. We live just above the 45th parallel at 45*51.893 minutes N by 122* 47.873"West. Sorry I'm mot proficient at the scientific symbols on my keyboard. :ohwell: I love hearing about your location and the wonders of the place. :smiley:

DJ: :flowerforyou:

Joyce: Time to take care of you, too. (((hugs))) It is so easy to focus on helping someone else, such as Charlie, when you also need to take care of yourself. :heart:

Barbie: We travelled, too, and are now home again. It feels so good to be here. Have a safe trip back to your home. :flowerforyou:

Janet: I hope you and your DH's daughter are able to walk together. Walking partners are a treasure. :smiley:

Miss Hiker: Welcome. :smile:

Sylvia: Feel better soon. (((hugs)))

KJLaMore: We can start a tall girls group. I'm 5'6.5." I used to be a bit over 5'7." DH says I'm shrinking. Yikes! :noway:

Lisa: Sending good thoughts for you getting the job. :flowerforyou:

We are home after visiting DS and DDIL. We enjoy them so much! The drive home was easy and we are glad to be here. I've watered my houseplants and am contemplating what to cook for dinner. It is mid-afternoon, so there is plenty of time to decide. I think I'll drop by the grocry store and pick up a few things. I'm out of my preferred coffee & don't want to settle for anything else. :noway: :noway:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

March Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Heather - so happy for your DS!

Katla - I am glad you had such a nice time with your DS and DDIL. It's always nice to be home though!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • csofled
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm back from London. Will write more tomorrow. :) Very tired.

My son got the job. :drinker:

Love Heather UK

Congrats!!!

Cheri
  • csofled
    Options
    evening folks~
    15,000 steps .. most of it at the gym.. but im feelin good!!!

Way to go Allie!!!

Cheri
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    Options
    Lisa sending good thoughts.

Heather happy for your son!

:heart: Margaret
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Becca - gorgeous family - so I was trying to guess which of the girls you are, there is defiantly a family "look" are you in white?

Kim in N cal

Yep white shirt, with white and pink skirt. :-)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Good news ladies. After posting my Mom and Dad pictures, my thoughts have been on my mom and what she would think of all the non-communication going on between middle sister (the tall one in picture) and my older sister and I... I told my Mom that if she could make it happen to get my sister to call me and connect that would be great. So last night she called me. This is the sister that I haven't seen since July 2014, (and she is 2 hrs from me). At times when we visited Portland, looking in on my Mother-In-Law, my sister lived a mere 10 minutes away. So my middle sister and I talked for about 2 hours. She internalizes her problems, and never reaches out. I told her all I want from her is to bounce life off of, to love her as my sister, no prejudging her, or anything. What got her to call me is seeing an ad for our Wine and Crab Festival in April in Astoria. So hopefully she will come with her girls. I told her, we are growing old, and can't choose to be picky about family! Ain't that the truth... Then today I rec'd a card from my oldest sister....I love my sisters, and well my Mom made it all happen I think.

100_3352_zpsyk8oydon.jpg
    Missing my sons. DIL's ship in Persian Gulf, son in red shirt's ship in North China Sea, Eldest son (the one I am holding onto) is still stateside, and doing well.

Thanks all for the nice comments about my family. I was truly blessed. I need to find the pic where my father has a white tee shirt on with cigs' rolled up in his sleeve. So James Dean!

Becca
    Oregon
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Becca- great day for you and your sisters! Your Mom can work wonders (miracles) from where she is!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    The cough came back, but I did not make it to my appointment with the Doctor. I was on my way there when I noticed a black cat sitting by the side of the street. It looked like it had a stick on its back. I backed up to take another look and was horrified to see that it had an ARROW sticking completely through its body! Somebody shot the poor thing with an arrow! Well, I called the police and tried to keep an eye on it till the animal control guy arrived. But two young guys stopped and looked at it, and they tried to get too close and it took off. I couldn't see where it went. The animal control guy and I searched for about 90 minutes till he had to go to another call. I called the doctors office and told them I was not going to make it to my appointment and why. Later, they called me back to ask if we found the cat. I thought that was sweet. The animal control officer emailed me later and told me that he was still looking for the kitty, but so far no luck. I posted a picture of the poor thing on Facebook and asked people to look for him and one lady said she saw him but thought it was a joke. It was no joke.

I would post the picture here, but it's pretty gruesome. I cannot get that image out of my mind. It's so awful.

So, the doctors office said I can come in tomorrow.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Godmomkim- pt is it helping Kirby right now. He's got what they call a frozen shoulder. They're going to put him under to see if manipulating the shoulder will work. If not, he will use a laser to cut the score tissue off and then he'll be in a sling for two days or so. After that aggressive therapy five days a week
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Oh Sylvia, I am just horrified! Poor kitty. I hope she is found. Please keep us informed. Sometimes I really hate people.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Thot of all my gardener friends when I saw this :)
    2ot99341nv0c.jpg
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Godmomkim- pt is it helping Kirby right now. He's got what they call a frozen shoulder. They're going to put him under to see if manipulating the shoulder will work. If not, he will use a laser to cut the score tissue off and then he'll be in a sling for two days or so. After that aggressive therapy five days a week

My hairdresser's husband (also a hairdresser) had a frozen shoulder and went to a myopractor. It was almost miraculous how quickly he improved and he was fully recovered in almost no time, no surgery required. If it were me, I would try this before going under the knife, but then, I don't do well with anesthesia.

Kristan