fanncy0626 Posts: 7,146 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout

Squats-1X5X 95/100/105/110, 5X5X 115
    Sumo squats-5X5X 100
    BP-1X5X 55/60/65, 5X5X 70
    BR-5X5X 75

Swimming freestyle-45 minutes

I was able to get part of my routine done today early. I am taking a short break then I will be doing the kettle bell swing challenge. I'm still on a 10 pound deload on my strong lift workout because of the kettle bell swing challenge. One thing that I did notice is that I feel extremely strong with the lifts and plan on adding weight next time.

KJ- Thanks for the (((hugs)))! Shep is quite cute so I know people were looking our way! At least it was near the street. I loved what you said to Allie about your husband. LOL!

Allie- good for you sticking up for yourself! I love what Pip said about what you should do. She has great advice doesn't she!

Heather- it certainly looks like she is getting ready for the baby! Everyone must be so excited!

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,754 Member
    Options
    Well hey I try...glad I can make ya all laugh ;) and I plan on going daily and I don't care what the heck he says..
    Having lunch and having a staff meeting :( then won't be home until 6,so only an hour to listen to him bi--h... :o
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    We went shopping this afternoon for veg and such. We were going to have guinea fowl tonight with roasted cauliflower, parsnip, fennel, carrot and red onion. I also had the idea of buying tomorrow's fish to make my bouillabaisse (Mediterranean fish soup) We are very lucky to have a fishmonger in our village so we went and bought, 6 mussels, 6 prawns, 2 large scallops with coral, a small piece of fresh tuna and some fresh hake. That will all go in the jar of fish soup from France that he sells. Served with rouille and croutons for DH. A tiny bit of grated cheese. I thought I was having all this tomorrow, but then I decided I couldn't wait. :laugh: So tonight it is!

Waiting to hear if DS and DDIL have decided on a house today. DDIL said DS was going to ring me, so I expect I will hear all the details then. I know they are hoping to get the move done in the summer for schools etc. But things never go according to plan with buyers' chains in the mix.

Katla - My wonderful ex DMIL bought us a washing machine for the first baby and a drier for the second. We were using terry nappies then. :noway: My DDIL has never had one, just hanging stuff up in a bedroom. When they had a live in nanny for a while, the poor woman had all the washing hanging in her (v big) room. :noway: When I said I didn't think that was very nice for her DS said it was part of the deal as she had the largest room.. :ohwell: Now they just use a childminder three days a week, but in London even that is super expensive. DDIL only gave up work this week. The baby is due on Monday.

"Happy Valley" tonight. The title is ironic. It is too violent for DH so I watch it in our bedroom. :laugh: Great writing though. Nearly all my favourite programmes have recently finished. :'( The summer is usually rubbish. At the moment my favourite is an Icelandic police series, "Trapped". Lots of snow. :laugh:

Right, off to prepare my soup. :D Going to have a green salad on the side.

Heather UK

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Mindy Prayers!!!!!!!!
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Mindy - you're a freaking saint. Don't forget the oxygen mask theory of survival. Take care of yourself first, and then those around you. We're taught to believe that is selfish, but it is honestly a valid survival technique. You hurt or sick or out of a job certainly can't be of any help... just a thought.

Heather - congrats to DS, and to DDIL, new jobs and babies are so exciting!

Michelle in NC - If I get the job, I'd be working from home... it's pretty much management by meeting, always on the phone or video conference. My interview was by video conference. Luckily, you only have to look good from the waist up, and I carry all my weight in my nether regions. :)

Penny - hope the sun showed up!

Sylvia - I hope they found the cat. You're such an amazing soul.

Allie - I'd be putting tabasco sauce in his tighty-whities.

For those wanting in the 5'2" club - it's more of a spirit than an actuality, so all are welcome, even those with the blessing of more height. And we're not short, we're fun-size. >:) I have a t-shirt that says so somewhere.

Off to the races--Stayed in town yesterday after the interview for a 6 p.m. writer's group meeting which was unusually awesome. Then there's a Chamber of Commerce meeting in 20 minutes which I have to make an appearance for, and back to the ranch. My eating STUNK yesterday, but the workout before the interview helped a lot.

Thank y'all for all the support, as always!
    Lisa
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Mindy, my heart breaks for you. My sister is going through something similar with her 25 year old son, except his addiction is opioids. She's gone broke trying to keep him in private school and then LSU, but he has thrown if all away. I wish I knew the answer. It's easy enough for those of us on the outside looking in to say save yourself, but I think it's harder when it's your kid than it is when it's a spouse.

Allison, hugs to you. We are here for you to vent.

I typed up my workout yesterday and then my post went poof. I'm not doing it again. Suffice it to say it was legs and killer. Today was upper body. I've moved up to 50 lbs on the Lat pull down and the seated row, so that is progress. We did 3 sets of 15, six different exercises, plus a walk I the pond and 3 laps around it, probably a mile and a half, plus 30 minutes on the treadmill. Yeah, I think I did enough.

Bridge ladies will be here any minute. Bye for now,
    K

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Heather, I LOVE bouillabaisse! Living in the middle of America, there is NO decent seafood available. Enjoy it double for me!

Lisa, I am happy for you about the job!
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have not been posting but trying to focus on my eating since I am a non eater with emotional stress. Trying to push myself to eat but the nausea can be overwhelming. Feels like I have a stomache bug when I go through this.

Anne from Wisconsin

I did the same thing when my ex walked out. I was in complete physical shock and dropped more than 25 pounds almost instantly. I couldn't eat and what I forced down did not stay there. I, fortunately, have a wonderful naturopathic MD that I've been seeing for years and she prescribed some natural supplements that helped. Some worked on my stress and others helped directly with my digestion.
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Katla - A myopractor is similar to a chiropractor except that they work on the muscles because "muscles move bones." They integrate chiropractic and massage and, well I don't really understand what all else, to put the body into alignment and help it to heal itself.

Kristan
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Been cleaning and doing laundry all morning. Getting ready to head out for a trainer appointment. Even though it's raining I'll go ahead and run there. I don't dissolve in water. Sublimate maybe, but not dissolve.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    If I handled stress like some by not eating, I would never have had a weight problem! My problem is that I AM a stress eater. And my life has been full of stress. My mom wouldn't eat when she was stressed and I always wished I had been like her in that respect.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Miriam - My husband's words were "bliss" and "a delight" and lots of moans and slurps! :laugh: It truly was awesome! :D And sooooooo easy.
    Very few places have a fishmonger these days. We also have a proper butcher, a good greengrocer, a baker (not good), a sweet shop with gorgeous chocolates and a delicatessen. Like most people I use the nearby supermarket a lot, but I try to support local business. There was a HUGE campaign a few years ago to keep a national supermarket out of the village. Went to the House of Lords. We lost, but the supermarket has since stopped building any new outlets for financial reasons, so our lovely, almost unique town centre is safe for a while. :D

Lisa - Good news that your travelling will be at a minimum. <3

Sometimes I am envious of those who LOSE weight under stress, but I know it is NOT a joke. It drains you of all your reserves and resilience. ((( HUGS)))

Love to all, especially for those I am reading for whom the worm is turning. :D

Heather UK

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,146 Member
    Options
    10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge

Goblet Squat-3X7X 30
    Russian Kettlebell Swing-25X 10 X 30 = 250

Day 8 Challenge Total- 2825

I am so excited that I got this done. I was feeling a little wore out prior so I only did sets of 10 swings. I also went for a 2 1/2 mile walk before this exercise because my puppy doesn't know the word no! After I eat my breakfast I will have to take him out for another 2 1/2 mile walk.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: I hope the new workplace is pleasant and the commute is reasonable. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I send good thoughts that your DDIL has an easy delivery with the new baby. Your village sounds delightful. Several years ago we visited Ganges, BC, a small town on Salt Spring Island. They had a butcher, a fishmonger, and a fabulous bakery. I always wondered whether those businesses are open year round, or mainly during the tourist season. I haven't seen anything like it in the US. :ohwell: :bigsmile:

Kristan: Thanks for explaining myopractor. It makes so much sense! :smiley:

I went to the athletic club this morning and burned some calories riding a recumbent exercycle. Now I'm tucked in at home until a city meeting this evening. It should be interesting as it is about a proposed Marijuana business. Oregon voters legalized Marijuana by public vote a couple of years ago, and put the Oregon Liquor Control Commission in charge of regulations. Now the businesses are beginning to open. Some members of the committee are unhappy with the law and don't want to approve anything. Some members aren't revealing their bias, and some members are in favor of the new legal status of pot. The law is clear and our job is to allow things that are legal but to be sure they're done correctly. It should be an interesting meeting.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

March Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday. Yesterday was a great day weather wise. Last evening we went for a motorcycle ride and I loved it. It was up to 80 yesterday and the rest of the week only to be in the 60's. Gottan love Nebraska weather.

I did go to the nursing home and learn how to change my friend's colostomy bag. Then we took a trip to WalMart. She did really well and even tho we were only gone a little over an hour she needed a nap when we go back.
    I am going over on my way home from work and drop off her laundry and visit awhile.

Weigh in this morning did not go well. I do think I am gaining and losing the same 2-3 pounds every month. I need to get a handle on this and soon. I am hoping with the warmer weather I can get outside and walking again.

Kim NC--I understand and I do that also when I am stressed. But important thing is not to give up, just pick ourselves up and start again.

Pip--sending big HUGs, letting go is never easy.

Katla--Your saling sounds like a good time and glad no one panicked.

Penny--So nice of you to help the lady cross off something on her bucket list. I would like to see the northern lights sometime and also want to go to Canada.

Karen--congrates on saying no to the subway and not over doing the sweetes.

Suzy--I read some on the straw bales gardening and woundered if it works well. Keep me posted.

Sylvia--I do hope you are feeling better soon and I think the support group would be good for all of you.

Lisa--Great news on the job and not having to relocate.

Heather--Great news about DS and the job. The picture of the city is beautiful, I believe it would be even better in person. Thanks for sharing.

I am up to the top of page 24 so need to sign off and get some work done and be ready to leave at 3. Take care and remember we are not in this alone.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone --
    Penny I love your stories about where you live. It seems a world away (it kind of is!)
    Lisa Congrats on working out the work situation.
    Rori Good luck at the conference

30 min P90x3 today. I'm trying to focus on logging this week. I haven't been on top of it the past few weeks and it's hard to get back in the swing of it.

It always always always seems to come back to logging what you eat ...and doing so accurately.

Take care

Kimses in MA

• MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have not been posting but trying to focus on my eating since I am a non eater with emotional stress. Trying to push myself to eat but the nausea can be overwhelming. Feels like I have a stomache bug when I go through this.

Anne from Wisconsin

I did the same thing when my ex walked out. I was in complete physical shock and dropped more than 25 pounds almost instantly. I couldn't eat and what I forced down did not stay there. I, fortunately, have a wonderful naturopathic MD that I've been seeing for years and she prescribed some natural supplements that helped. Some worked on my stress and others helped directly with my digestion.

Me, too; I called it "divorce guts". At the time, I just took the weight loss, since I had the extra to spare.

Anne, mind if I ask what some of the supplements were? Thanks!

Larisa in Seattle
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,754 Member
    Options
    Ha ha love the Eeyore and Ralph Kramden reference
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Beth Waiting to hear about music college acceptances is the worst! Two of my dear friends are going through the same thing, one found out (hooray, she got in at Crane school of Music) and the other, a great bass player is still waiting to hear....soooo tough to wait it out. The answer will come and then of course, we have to pay for it all......a reason to get up and work hard every morning. My own dd is not going into music, but undeclared, hoping that a light bulb goes off during freshmen year. At least she is job hunting right now, on her own, no nudging from us!

Truly fighting the crud...so mad that it landed in my lungs, I just am slogging through it, gonna exercise tonight before another school concert. Drinking lots of tea. Hello Spring in NY, gonna be 78 tomorrow!

karen from NY