WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    17,000 steps today.. and 1236 calories consumed today... I am just leaving the 75 minutes on treadmill as my calories burned... gonna take tylenol tonight as my feet are a bit sore on the top of my feet
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Mary love the picture with Shep.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    KLJ, many years ago we had a horrible ice storm. Out where we live we had lots of trees down and it took a lot of electric lines down. We were without electric for 8 days. Luckily my daughter had gas and we lived with her. We ate a lot of mine and Mom's food while there. We came over here every day to check on our cat who seemed to be doing OK with it. We had extra blankets for her and kept her food and water fresh. My Mom lived in the retirement home at the time and lived in the old section which was 100 years old. The new section, 70 years old, had better wiring and they were able to keep some electric on. Mom had a best friend that lived there in a 2 bedroom apartment and Mom stayed with her. Millie wanted Mom to sleep with her but Mom didn't like that. Millie was a hoot and everyone loved her. They put a sign on their door that said Grace and Millie's camp and so many people would just stop in and gab. People means heat. It was quite a 3 weeks for them.

Allie, thanks for thinking of me in the picture. Yeah, he thinks he is thinking of us but yet then takes it away from us or makes the experience so miserable it ruins it.

DJ, do you have that ocean view from your house every day?????????????????? WOWSA. But it also means you can get some lousy weather and a lot of tourists!

My family doctor's office called me today to tell me about my echo results. He is mainly concerned about the tricuspid valve and pulmonary hypertension. I need another echo in 3 years. So far I have had no symptoms of any valve problems. She stressed the importance of using my CPAP. I also had my CAT scan of my sinuses today.

Joyce, Indiana
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Spent four hours cleaning up part of the downtown park that I take care of. Cut off peony, aster, Russian sage, and sedum stems, and raked up all the leaves and debris. I also pulled up as much of the quack grass as I could (it spreads by underground runners). Stuffed everything in to 9 yard waste bags and a huge pile of sticks. I have about the same amount of work to do on the other section, and there is some pruning and moving of plants that needs done still. Now I can hardly move I am in so much pain! Spine and hips and knees and hands.

Sound like a work out to me. Sounds like a good long soak in the tub is in order. So nice that you take care of your local parks. Because of budget cuts our parks are horrible. They won't let anyone volunteer to do stuff here. To afraid someone would get hurt and sue them. Hope the soreness goes away qhickly.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    For all those asking about Lenora (GritsandSluts), she is alive and well. She has been without internet service all this time.

Janetr OKC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,941 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Thanks for the nice comments about me and Shep. He really is getting huge. I think he's going to be bigger than expected!

Stronglifts Workout

Squats- 1x5x95/105/115, 5x5x125
    Sumo Squats- 5x5x110
    OHP- 1x5x45/50/55/60, 5x5x55
    DL- 1x5x140

10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge

GobletSquats- 1x7x25
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 17x15x25 = 255

Day 11 Challenge Total 4,285

Now to take the puppy out for a walk!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
    :) That's an impressive workout....do you have a step counter so you can keep track of how many steps a day now that you are taking Shep on longer walks?
  • barbiecat
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Strength training today: My daughter told my "you don't have to do it" because I had told her I had been procrastinating this morning. I said oh yes, I do have to do it. I do it for me and the only one who cares if I do it or not is me, so I have to do it. She said I'm glad you look at it that way :)

Triceps Extension 3x10x10
    Lunge 3x10x5
    Abdominal Crunches 3x10x10
    Dumbbell Row, Two-Arm, Bent-Over 3x10x10
    Standing Biceps Curl, Dumbell 3x10x10
    Leg Curls 3x10x8
    Side Leg Raises 3x10x8
    Leg Extension 3x10x8
    Overhead Press, Barbell 3x10x10
    Front Squats, Dumbells 3x10x20
    Front Raises, Straight Arm 3x10x10

Its very sunny and nice out this morning but it's supposed to start raining late this afternoon and rain thru tomorrow morning.

Janetr OKC

:) Janet, I admire your workout and your commitment to doing it......I hope you've kept that long list of exercises in a document so you don't have to type it each time.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :)Alison, it seems to me that you have gotten a great step count many days in a row...congrats

:)Miriam, your garden workout is the old fashioned kind like our ancestors used to do...congrats
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I had to leave the gym early today. For some reason, I just don't feel up to par. I did 2 miles on the elliptical, then we started the butt workout. I was able to complete the glute bridges using a bench 3x15x10 and 3 sets of 15 split squats, but had to do them without weights. I did 3 sets of 10 backward lunges, again no weights, but was seriously struggling with squats with a bar. I was only able to do 2 sets of 10 and one of 5. I left and went home without doing the super sets on the smith machine and the deadlifts. If I feel better, I'll do them tomorrow afternoon.

I did manage to finish the taxes and e-file them, fold up my laundry (that DH did) and put it away, and go walk for 30 minutes to try to finish 10,000 steps. I still need 800, but I'll get those done. But I'm not going to lie. I spent the vast majority of the day in my recliner, trying to find my energy.

Thanks for checking on Grits. Another person that I am missing is the woman from New Orleans who is a writer. I can't remember her screen name, but I always enjoyed her posts. Do y'all know who I mean? I want to say she is a Janet, too. She may even still be here and I've gotten my folks confused. I still have trouble keeping some people straight. If you're here, refresh my memory!!!!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Wasn't her name Toni?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.10min, 14.6amph, 19mph 2.9mi = 95c
    other-physical therapy @ gym- 35min, 9 stretches, 2sets of 10 some w/5lb weights = 72c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.09min, 14.1amph, 143mhr, 1.4mi = 67c
    ride dome 2 hm- 17.35min, 9.1amph, 151mhr, 2.6mi= 175c
    409 total cal
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I can't remember if I ever posted this. I've been thinking of that cat again today. Still no word.

64254c7w21mp.jpeg
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    bcfbb2hx9ywu.jpeg
  • janetr7476
    edited March 2016
    Options
    DrKatyBug wrote "Thanks for checking on Grits. Another person that I am missing is the woman from New Orleans who is a writer. I can't remember her screen name, but I always enjoyed her posts. Do y'all know who I mean? I want to say she is a Janet, too. She may even still be here and I've gotten my folks confused. I still have trouble keeping some people straight. If you're here, refresh my memory!!!

JanetMcC is who you mean. She is doing great. Said she just doesn't have time to read and respond on our thread. She is still on MFP though.

Janetr okc
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,130 Member
    Options
    Barbie- Thanks! My iPhone keeps track of my steps. I get anywhere from 3-5 miles a day. I am trying for 5+. As it gets nicer out I should have no trouble. I admire how many steps you get in.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Barbie, yes I do have the weight training in a document so I can update each time. :)

Janetr okc
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    DrKatyBug wrote "Thanks for checking on Grits. Another person that I am missing is the woman from New Orleans who is a writer. I can't remember her screen name, but I always enjoyed her posts. Do y'all know who I mean? I want to say she is a Janet, too. She may even still be here and I've gotten my folks confused. I still have trouble keeping some people straight. If you're here, refresh my memory!!!

JanetMcC is who you mean. She is doing great. Said she just doesn't have time to read and respond on our thread. She is still on MFP though.

Janetr okc

Thanks, Janet. Tell her I asked about her and miss her.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Sylvia, I love your sense of humor and your profound posts. Made me laugh. Thanks for sharing.

Janetr okc