WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    DrKatyBug wrote "Thanks for checking on Grits. Another person that I am missing is the woman from New Orleans who is a writer. I can't remember her screen name, but I always enjoyed her posts. Do y'all know who I mean? I want to say she is a Janet, too. She may even still be here and I've gotten my folks confused. I still have trouble keeping some people straight. If you're here, refresh my memory!!!

JanetMcC is who you mean. She is doing great. Said she just doesn't have time to read and respond on our thread. She is still on MFP though.

Janetr okc

Thanks, Janet. Tell her I asked about her and miss her.

Will do. :)

Janetr okc
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @mollywhippet , Sylvia, did you see my post where someone in my town had a cat get shot by an arrow, too? I posted it right before you posted that there were too many posts for you to even try to catch up, so I was afraid you missed it. I thought it was very weird that two cats got shot by an arrow that close together but so many miles apart. The one here is going to make a recovery. The story was at mainstreetnews.com.
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    bcfbb2hx9ywu.jpeg
    Thanks for the pick me up!
    Betty
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :)dr.katie, doing part of your workout, filing your taxes, folding laundry, and getting 10,000 steps is an impressive day even if you did spend some time in the recliner.

:) Sylvia, I agree with your thoughts about how people treat animals.

:):) Jake is home again and the pets and I are thrilled. I walked the dogs this morning before going to teach my line dance class. After class I drove for 90 minutes to the ferry to pick up Jake. He drove home. We stopped at a big market for lunch and found a great lunch in their salad bar instead of going to the Mexican restaurant we usually go to.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    17,000 steps
    166 minutes of dog walking
    62 minutes riding the exercise bike
    Taught the beginner line dance class

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Anne, I don't know how our community would exist without all its volunteer work. We have contests between high schools, our local dog pound had a really sick and abused dog left off and after he was all better our city had a contest had a contest to name him and he comes to all the cleaning events and everything loves Evie. Different companies can adopt a spot and take care of intersections, etc.

Joyce, Indiana
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Today was really nice. Wore shorts. So glad I was able to lay by the pool in FL even just one day. At least my legs weren't ghost white.

Sylvia - How awful about Hadley. And she is so young!!! Well, that may work in her favor, she may make a full recovery. Australian Shepherds are beautiful dogs. The people across the street from us have one. So happy your son agreed to a housekeeper. Let's hope she works out.

Went to the soup kitchen today to make a donation, then to the bank to make a deposit for Newcomers, then went to WalMart Neighborhood market (I got some kiwi, I have to keep reminding myself that their produce isn't very good), then stopped at Food Lion. I didn't realize how small the pizzas that are on sale at FL were, so I only got 2.

Heather - so happy for your son!

Michele in NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    <3
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    drhs0ho1fbr2.jpg

Good night! :heart:
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    DrKatie - JanetMc said thank you so much and she will try to get back as her time allows.

Janetr OKC
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I can't remember if I ever posted this. I've been thinking of that cat again today. Still no word.

64254c7w21mp.jpeg

Sylviahow true. Still thinking about the poor kitty.

Heather terrific news about your son.
    Peru, but not Machu Picchu or Amazon. A colleague is looking forward to civeche. I am not sure about that. Lime juice alters the protein molecules in the fish but does not actually kill parasites or salmonella. Any advice?

DJ gorgeous picture.

Katla cookbokk. Perfect idea.

All for now. I think I am fighting the after effects of the vaccination.

Good weekend to all.
    CJ
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, I forgot to ask. You said you are going to the support group for your son's disease. Do the kids go for a special session with other children? It would be wonderful if they could and it would be facilitated by an adult who is trained to guide the kids through problems like theirs.

Joyce
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    sos-hand-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Janetr - Thanks for the update on Lenora. I wondered if it didn't have something to do with her computer as I remember her having trouble with it a while back. Tired and going to bed - this is early for me :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    CJ - I would think you would be ok with the ceviche in good restaurants. You could Google the best ones in your area and choose ones that are popular. I was there in 2001 and there had been a few problems, but if you stick to cerviceria that are frequented by well informed locals it should be fine. :D I'm jealous!

Lovely day here today. DH will be watching the England/Wales rugby match this afternoon. I might be tempted to go out and rake a vegetable bed or two. I am slightly uncomfortable out in the garden and usually wait for DH to go out there with me, but it's a shame to waste the first warm and sunny day. My favourite garden task is sowing seeds, so I've got to get the beds ready. I delayed putting the broad beans in until the spring as I didn't want them cropping while we are away in June. They should crop in July if I sow them now. Last year the crop was amazing!

Love to everyone. Heather in sunny Hampshire UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    the birds are singing outside and the world is waking up and today will be a lovely day!
    I should have gone for a walk.. but think after we feed DFIL I will go off to the gym, have offered many times for Tom to come with just to check it out but he isn't interested.. oh well..
    stepped on the scale and havent lost anything.. all I can hope is I am building muscle.. and the weight will eventually start going down..
    going to start packing for staying up with Faith and going to the Cape... I just love Cape Cod.. but last time was alot of going back and forth between nursing homes, and I think what we will do is visit with them both on that Thursday.. and have a day that Doris and I do what we want on Friday and then wake up and walk the beach Saterday and go visit them both and then home... I just cant keep running back and forth between 2 nursing homes it wore me out last time...
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Hi, all,

Allie, I hope it's an amazing time, and that you don't wear yourself out. Cape Cod and Nantucket are on my bucket list. Maybe someday!

Glo in Wa, I hope you're not really drowning!

I am off to the garage sales again today. Found an amazing buy yesterday on a countertop with an integral sink built in. The small ones, new, at Lowes are about $300 with tax, and this one is 97" long. We'll be able to cut it in half and use the sink portion for the bathroom, and the flat counter for the kitchenette area in the warehouse. Conservatively, one this big is probably $500, and I paid $20! Lord help me, I do love garage sales. Also found a Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner for $5, just needed a belt (which were two for $5, and my husband already put one on for me), plus a couple other odds and ends.

There are eight in town this morning, well worth spending a bit of money for gas to see if there are any further treasures. Off to the races, my chickens.

Love,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    DrKatie - JanetMc said thank you so much and she will try to get back as her time allows.

Janetr OKC

Thank you!