6/20 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• shellrae1973
    shellrae1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Missed yesterday (life got in the way...crazy toddler... any excuse right?) Anyway I got my *kitten* out of bed at 5:30 this morning and made myself do it. I am going to try to do it in the mornings so there is no excuse later in the day!

We finished off the father's day cake last night so that temptation is now GONE!

I started using the DVD with only the music much better than listening to Jillian :laugh:
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Missed yesterday (life got in the way...crazy toddler... any excuse right?) Anyway I got my *kitten* out of bed at 5:30 this morning and made myself do it. I am going to try to do it in the mornings so there is no excuse later in the day!

We finished off the father's day cake last night so that temptation is now GONE!

I started using the DVD with only the music much better than listening to Jillian :laugh:

Great job shell! I got in day 3 today, boy it was tough! And, like you, I got up at 5:30 am to do it this morning. I'm NOT a morning workout person at all. I've tried it in the past and it just never works for me...my 1/2 asleep persona always talks me into staying in bed. But this morning, I actually wanted to get up and do it, even how sore I was. So, yay for Jillian getting me out of bed in the morning! I've been cranking up my work out CDs to drown her out too. Jillian knows what she's doing workout wise, but she gets on my nerves sometimes. lol

Good luck to everyone, you can do this! As long as I can get through the first circuit, it's all downhill from there. That is the hardest part for me right now. Then before you know it, you're on the last ab...it goes so fast. BTW, I shake like crazy on the bicycles, anyone else?

Happy Shred Wednesday!
  • jadam6
    jadam6 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    Just finished day 3. Felt a bit easier today, although I agree with Cella that the first circuit is the hardest! Legs still sore but they are not as bad as last night so hopefully it's easing!
    Stace2000 - you sound like you've got your own personal trainer there!
    IrishEyes - I'm going to try and do it everyday without breaks :smile: .

Good Luck Everyone x
  • Chynadoll00
    Options
    HI everyone!

I am so glad I found you all, I'd love to join I have had the DVD for about a year never even opened it until this past Saturday I love it so little time soooo much pain~! i'm on day 4 But I am hoping to stick with it
  • mbeth21
    mbeth21 Posts: 16
    Options
    Good Job everybody!

Just finished day 2 level 1..... wow that first circuit is the hardest thing ever! I managed to get thru the entire thing this morning (got up early just to work out... unheard of for me!). Those squats have really made the muscles on the top of my thigh sore.... standing up and sitting down is slightly challenging LOL. I just keep reminding myself that I have before pictures and I really, really want after pictures.
  • gettingthin03
    Options
    Finish L1 D2 last night and it took me extra long to get out of bed this morning and get dressed. I am soooo sore but I know its worth it. Got to go out of town tonight for work. Hope the hotel have a DVD player or I may take my own so I won't have to miss a day!
  • rlynn1150
    rlynn1150 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 2 of Level 1 last night! I was surprised how much easier it was the second time (guess I knew what to expect). I can definitely feel my endurance growing. I love how great you feel once it's over :) During, not so much :-/ Looking forward to Day 3 tonight!
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Everyone who is sticking with this killer workout deserved a HUGE pat on the back! (If my triceps weren't too sore to manage it! :laugh: )

Did Day 2 Level 1 this morning since b/f isn't too keen on it and I'm having a friend over this afternoon to make homemade jelly/jam and then we're all going bowling after dinner. I knew this would be the only chance I had to get it in and I am bound and determined to do all freaking 30 days. I want a killer "after" photograph! :wink:

So it looks like a lot of folks on here do the workouts in the morning. Do you like it better than in the evening? How about energy wise? Does it give you that "boost" for the rest of the day that folks so you get from working out first thing in the morning?

Again, keep up the GREAT work and don't forget to keep eating under control too... so don't want to put in this much work to sabotage ourselves with food! :drinker:
  • JFamilo
    JFamilo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started day 1 yesterday on 6/21. It was SO much harder than I expected. I finished it but had to stop the DVD a few times. Once I stopped to use my inhaler and then in circuit 3 I stopped it to switch out my 5lb weights to 3lb weights.

I did my before pictures and measurements before I started. The pictures really put things into perspective... I have a LONG way to go! I know I can't go 30 days straight because of some committments this weekend. Knowing how hard day 1 was I think I may be on level 1 for awhile...

It didn't LOOK that hard... :-/
  • Tinan76
    Tinan76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well it's day 3 and I've decided to start level 2. I will check in when I finish and let you all know how it went. Keep up the great work ladies. I can't wait for everyones befor and after pics. Woot woot!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Day 2 for me today! I thought I wasn't going to be able to move but I can so I will do my exercises tonight :) See ya tomorrow!
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey All! Day 3 for me, and I figured I'd go ahead and post my "before" stats for you all.

Chest 37.0"
    R Arm 12.75"
    L Arm 12.25"
    Waist 30.0"
    Pooch/Love Handles 37.5"
    Hips 43.5" <---- MOSTLY BOOTY!!!! :grumble:
    R Thigh 25.0"
    L Thigh 25.5"
    Weight: 157.2

SO. There you have it. I am really hoping to see some awesome changes. Especially in the booty. Ugh. I have WAY too much back there. I wish my chest would stick around but I know it won't. It's the first place I gain and lose weight. :grumble:
  • vintagefool
    Options
    I totally admire everyone who pushed past Day 2 and 3! Those days are the hardest, I think! Ugh.

I'm quite behind everyone else, but Day 1 is completed for me. Here's to hoping I have the strength to push back D2 and 3 like all you :drinker:
  • dreamtoned10
    dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done!!! Defo hurt more today in the chest area?! Still love it,but wondering how my body will feel tomorrow, bring it on!!!!!
  • Tinan76
    Tinan76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well day 3 and level 2 is over. I moved up because I wasn't dying trying to finish the set, and I wanted the feeling of OMG just 2 more you can do it. Well today I got that feeling. I feel great. Glad I didn't have a cat attacking my head. keep up the great work ladies. Day 4 here we come
  • Cella30
    Options
    Well day 3 and level 2 is over. I moved up because I wasn't dying trying to finish the set, and I wanted the feeling of OMG just 2 more you can do it. Well today I got that feeling. I feel great. Glad I didn't have a cat attacking my head. keep up the great work ladies. Day 4 here we come

That's awesome!

Has anyone started noticing any changes yet? I swear I've noticed some new muscles appearing. The results are so quick, I've caught the JM bug. I think when I'm done with the 30DS I'm going to go right into her Ripped in 30. So stick around peeps, let's take this all the way!

Ps. Still sore but can't wait to do day 4 tomorrow. Bring it!
  • iStace2000
    iStace2000 Posts: 42
    Options
    Has anyone started noticing any changes yet? I swear I've noticed some new muscles appearing. The results are so quick, I've caught the JM bug. I think when I'm done with the 30DS I'm going to go right into her Ripped in 30. So stick around peeps, let's take this all the way!

Ps. Still sore but can't wait to do day 4 tomorrow. Bring it!

I swear my arms are feeling ever so slightly more toned, or maybe that's just wishful thinking. Either way, I'm enjoying the challenge!

Level 1, day 4 done and dusted. Bring on day 5! :)
  • Cella30
    Options
    Day 4 Level 1 Complete! I still struggle with the first cardio circuit...I hope I can get through it all the way through without stopping or modifying some of the moves. And today I though I would try to do at least one normal push up. Disaster! lol I practically fell to the floor. I'll keep trying if it kills me. ha! The bunt kicks make everything jiggle and make me wish I had a more supportive bra. lol Thank goodness no one sees me doing this, I'm a hot mess!

Other than that, I don't feel that sore today and I'm feeling like it's getting a teeny bit easier. I'm just not feeling 100% great about myself because my binge eating has been out of control and I'm super bloated thanks to the TOM coming up. Oh well, this too shall pass.

Hope everyone has a great day! Remember: the harder you work, the harder it is to surrender. Happy Shredding! :flowerforyou:
  • jadam6
    jadam6 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Day 5 completed. Woke up this morning and the pain in my legs and behind has gone! Haven't noticed any muscles appearing (covered by too much flesh!) but my upper abs feel a bit tighter, just wish my little pooch from having two c sections would start to disappear too. Still can't do proper push ups but I did manage to hold the plank position in my 'legs, bums and tums' class for the whole length of time last night without collapsing in a heap after 10 seconds as usual, so maybe there's hope!

Enjoy the rest of your day x
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Level 1 is DONE! I totally wasn't feeling it today, felt sluggish and blah and the little voice in my head was like "pssst, you don't have to do it today. its ok. just skip today..." but I was like "NO! I will do this blasted exercise!" :laugh: So I did it and this time I did all the push-ups (granted still the girly kind) and managed to do all of the bicycle crunches with decent form!

We ARE getting stronger every day we do this! Don't listen to that little voice, just push thru the stiffness and the blahs and DO it! Its only 27 minutes out of your day. You CAN do this! :happy: