Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Good morning Patricia,
    I hope yu have good weather and you do wonderfully on your race. I'll be thinking of you.

Have fun, POF!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Made gear check and now in the obligatory porta potty line. It's going to be a slow run I am not in shape for this. I will go to my grave going why why why did I not train...

You got this! Why don't you train? You seem like you train. :)
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Made gear check and now in the obligatory porta potty line. It's going to be a slow run I am not in shape for this. I will go to my grave going why why why did I not train...

I'd imagine you will do better than you think.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    You got it POF, even if you go slow. You will do better than you think you will. Plus this might be the kick in the pants you need to train before the ultra.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Hoping your race went well/is going well!
  • tobistatler
    tobistatler Posts: 940 Member
    Options

Good luck!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am never ever never doing this again without training. Okay after next week's half ironman that I am not trained for, I am never ever never doing this without training again. That was so painful. I am too old for running 26 miles every 2 months and like nothing in between.

It was a nice course and I got a great medal and a nice finishers jacket. But boy do I hurt. I decided on course since #sobertilPuertoRico and #nocandytilPuertoRico and #lentchallenge are almost up here is my new one. #365daysofdailyexercise. Today was day 1.

Edited to add I'll add photos later after I recuperate with some cat therapy.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    And I had a random thought on course (one of many). Kelly is nearing her 2 year anniversary of logging. But given it's leap year is it at 730 days. Or 731?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I am never ever never doing this again without training. Okay after next week's half ironman that I am not trained for, I am never ever never doing this without training again. That was so painful. I am to old for running 26 miles every 2 months and like nothing in between.

It was a nice course and I got a great medal and a nice finishers jacket. But boy do I hurt. I decided on course since #sobertilPuertoRico and #nocandytilPuertoRico and #lentchallenge are almost up here is my new one. #365daysofdailyexercise. Today was day 1.

Awesome!

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am never ever never doing this again without training. Okay after next week's half ironman that I am not trained for, I am never ever never doing this without training again. That was so painful. I am too old for running 26 miles every 2 months and like nothing in between.

I am glad you made it. Looking forward to photos.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    And I had a random thought on course (one of many). Kelly is nearing her 2 year anniversary of logging. But given it's leap year is it at 730 days. Or 731?

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    In the past two days I have planted two kinds of lettuce, spinach, peas, pole beans, blueberry bushes and raspberry bushes and done a full body lifting session. You know what hurts? My forearms. I'd have expected it to be my back from moving so much dirt, but nope. It's the forearms. Sooooo looking forward to yoga class tomorrow, but if Jane has us do planks, I might just die.
  • raymax4
    Options

I knew you could do it! The soreness will go away.
  • raymax4
    Options
    5o8cnappe2lj.png
    New personal best
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    5o8cnappe2lj.png
    New personal best

Well done.