ARE QUEST BARS REALLY AS GOOD AS IVE BEN TOLD THEY ARE?

Options

Replies

• 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I wanted to like them because they are in food logs of successful people and the flavors sound amazing. I tried two flavors and thought they were awful. The texture and taste wasn't appetizing to me. Very filling for the amount of calories though. Another reason I wanted to live them!
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I have switched from Quest to "Oh Yeah! ONE" bars. I especially enjoy the birthday cake flavor.

That being said - they are still not a lot better than Quest bars.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The only bars I eat are the premier protein or fiber snack bars. And they cost half of what a quest bar costs. Check them out.

thanks ill do that

I have only found the fiber snack ones at Sam's club so far. 18 for $10.88 until the 27th. They also have $4 off the mix box of protein bars and the shakes until then.

BJs has the protein ones. They also have a coupon off a mix box of the protein ones or the shakes.

I also saw some single bars of the protein ones at Walmart today for $1.18 each. Not every flavor in single but a good way to try them

Heres a link to their website so you can check out their products. I eat the fiber snack one every night as a "dessert" so good...

http://www.premierprotein.com

rh3v1ed30ual.jpg
  • myempire
    myempire Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Back in the day we knew Quest Bars as those yucky disgusting PowerBars. I'll take a Snickers instead.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    They are a great source of aftertaste and a wonderful workout for your jaw. Otherwise I never was a fan
  • PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I heard they were wonderful. I spit it out, first bite. It was beyond terrible.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    They are a great source of aftertaste and a wonderful workout for your jaw. Otherwise I never was a fan

Hahaha great discription!
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    cut quest bars into small pieces & bake @ 350 for about 15 minutes. makes delicious cookies!
  • elphie754
    Options
    cut quest bars into small pieces & bake @ 350 for about 15 minutes. makes delicious cookies!

No they really don't.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Heated up I like them. I also found bars called mission 1 that I actually like better...not so sweet artificial taste..Everyone has different taste so buy a few before you buy a box ;) I think they are over priced for what you get (its a protien bar lol)
  • livelovebbg
    livelovebbg Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I used to really enjoy Quest bars (especially after 15 seconds in the microwave) but then I kind of went off protein bars. I read a while later that the new recipe tastes like garbage. I admittedly have yet to try the new recipe (I signed up to receive two free bars in the mail a while ago, and am still waiting for them). Until I try it for myself there's no way I'm taking a chance and purchasing another box.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer mine blended into a smoothie that has frozen banana and raspberries so it goes cold. I like the texture and it feels like eating decadent ice cream. That said, I only like 3 out of the flavours
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer mine blended into a smoothie that has frozen banana and raspberries so it goes cold. I like the texture and it feels like eating decadent ice cream. That said, I only like 3 out of the flavours
    if I was going to blend them I would just use protien powder...but havent tried it so I wont knock it lol
    Which 3 flavors?
  • elphie754
    Options
    if I was going to blend them I would just use protien powder...but havent tried it so I wont knock it lol
    Which 3 flavors?

The bars don't blend very well.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Heated up I like them. I also found bars called mission 1 that I actually like better...not so sweet artificial taste..Everyone has different taste so buy a few before you buy a box ;) I think they are over priced for what you get (its a protien bar lol)

I had a mission 1 bar today, ugh glad I only bought one. To me it was nasty, not filling and had a terrible after taste. There was only a 60 cent difference between that bar and quest. I'm in Canada where the quest bars are still made with the good original recipe, so I do like them, but prefer combat crunch bars overall.
  • rpachigo
    rpachigo Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I like the kind brands and simply thin and some luna bars
  • TheNightWalker
    TheNightWalker Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Put them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Much better like that
  • elphie754
    Options
    Put them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Much better like that

No they really aren't they are still nasty, but now warm and nasty.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the double chocolate chunk ones and I think they're much better than most of the other ones I've tried but they are too expensive for me to eat often. I do like the Power Crunch Protein Energy Bars. They are a wafer texture, 200 calories 12 grams of fat 13 grams of protein 1 fiber 5 sugar.

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I think they taste good, but I had to stop eating them. They gave me really bad gas.