5 am workout people

Options
12346»

Replies

• cmh195076
    cmh195076 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just switched from afternoon to morning workouts this week. I get up at 4:30am and am at the gym by 5am. I am not a morning person, but it is much easier for me to go before my hectic day begins. It's a lot easier than I thought.
  • Novandfebmommy
    Options
    I enjoy morning workouts it's getting to bed early enough the night before. My workout time is 4:30 to get a good workout and have a few minutes of recovery. If I wait until the evening there is something will surely come up (husband running late, or kids have an activity).
  • molls10m
    Options
    Wow, you guys are just awesome! You've convinced me that I should at least give it a try :)
  • Strange_magic
    Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    You just do it. Honestly. Alarm goes off fight the urge to snooze.
    Hightail it to the gym and know protein filled breakfast burrito and coffee await you as a reward!

I MUCH prefer AM workouts. Quiet gym no wait for requirement you want, you have the rest of your day planned foodwise.
    Just perfect.
  • skill133
    Options
    Got it done this morning. Was working out at 5:15. Learn that is latest I can start or I can't focus as well knowing I'm trying to squeeze it in. So with that I must be out of bed by 5:00. 3 out of 4 days this week isn't a bad start. Gotta repeat tomorrow
  • jennie1801
    Options
    I used to work out at 5 am all the time. I actually want to get back in the habit of doing this. I am learning with working full time that I am tired at night and I never end up getting my exercise in. At least when I woke up early before, I would start the day on a positive note. I am going to try again this week.
  • alligatorrawr
    alligatorrawr Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Luckily I don't have to work until 10, so I can still workout before work but not at 5 am!! I used to do that a lot, but now I like waiting until I have been awake and alert for an hour or so, I've also noticed since my muscles are warmed up, my workouts are better and I am trying harder. my boyfriend works out during his lunch break (idk if that is doable for you). but if you have a hard time waking up that time. recruit someone to wake you up (call you constantly if you live alone) it's how I used to get up for the gym early!
  • SKILL22
    SKILL22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Almost a couple years later and I'm making those 5 am workouts happen! Anyone working out early feel free to send me a FR especially if you are doing p90x3.
  • bjaneb
    bjaneb Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love my morning workouts. I also prep my food for the week on Sunday and plan my wardrobe for the week as well. I pack everything I need the night before and in the mornings I grab my bags and go. I like the routine though, so it's pretty easy for me.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    This thread is so old...how funny..

i am an early 5er..
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    SKILL22 wrote: »
    Almost a couple years later and I'm making those 5 am workouts happen! Anyone working out early feel free to send me a FR especially if you are doing p90x3.

@SKILL22 : Congratulations on your success for starting workouts at 5 am . I suggest next time you can start a separate thread for your success story instead of resurrecting a 2014 thread
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    4:45am and I'm out of bed
  • SKILL22
    SKILL22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    SKILL22 wrote: »

@SKILL22 : Congratulations on your success for starting workouts at 5 am . I suggest next time you can start a separate thread for your success story instead of resurrecting a 2014 thread

I should have, but getting up at 5 am has fried my brain from rational thoughts! LOL

• angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm up every morning at 3:10 to work out. I have an hour and a half (each way) commute and a little girl that I need to get ready and then take to daycare. Mornings are the only time I can work out and have that as ME time. It was really hard at first, but now I'm so into the routine that the alarm sounds and I'm up and at 'em, regardless of how tired I may feel on the inside. Just got to keep it consistent and then it'll become second nature. :smiley: