What is your favorite machine at the gym?

Options
I love the arc trainer. It's the only machine I can do on for hours at a time without dying and gasping for air!
I also use the elliptical and the stationary bike. I do intervals on the treadmill, and the other day I started warming up on the stair master.
Do you have any recommendations for machines to use at the gym? What is your favorite?

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Vending Machine
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Vending Machine

LOL!!!!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    My favourite is the Trixter bike. You can do virtual reality rides as well as riding stages of famous races like the Tour de France etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo8zJHbew5k

I generally prefer to do my cardio outdoors though, but it's fun if the weather is really horrid.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's considered a machine, but the TRX is my favourite piece of equipment.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Not a machine but the squat rack/cage
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Not a machine but the squat rack/cage

Ding! Followed by the bench press and doing deadlifts.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    bench for me this week. i rotate through my favs.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    ER rack. Hands down.
  • wanderinjack
    wanderinjack Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell
  • CalorieCountChocula
    CalorieCountChocula Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Smith Machine!
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Squat rack
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    The back extension.

inclinebackextension.jpg
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Holy resurrection, Batman!

December 2011 - March 2016. Is this some sort of record?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Actually no. I saw a 2008 post this past week
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

damn.gif
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Drat!
  • drachfit
    drachfit Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I love the arc trainer. It's the only machine I can do on for hours at a time without dying and gasping for air!
    I also use the elliptical and the stationary bike. I do intervals on the treadmill, and the other day I started warming up on the stair master.
    Do you have any recommendations for machines to use at the gym? What is your favorite?

If you are not gasping for air then that simply means that machine does not cause you to work as hard as the other machines, which defeats the point of working out in the first place.
  • stickkop
    stickkop Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    drachfit wrote: »

If you are not gasping for air then that simply means that machine does not cause you to work as hard as the other machines, which defeats the point of working out in the first place.

I use the ARC machine - that is a tough machine if you chose to use it for a good workout.. Try Hill interval level 7 - you will lose your breath very quickly
  • Burger2066
    Burger2066 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love the ARC. It is the only cardio equipment that I can do HIIT on without my bad knee hurting. As far as strength training equipment goes, I like the dumbbells...haha.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    drachfit wrote: »

Depends on your goals, doesn't it? Want to increase endurance, stamina, or just maintain current fitness - no need to gasp.

And my favorite 'machine' lately is the one I use for standing cable rows and cross holds. First time I've ever deliberately worked on anti-rotation and I like this much better than supine ab exercises.