What is your favorite machine at the gym?

Options

Replies

• AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Free weights is my favorite machine
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    That long racks that hold all of those weird heavy things with handles, they all seem to have progressive numbers depending on the size of the object
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    drachfit wrote: »
    I love the arc trainer. It's the only machine I can do on for hours at a time without dying and gasping for air!
    I also use the elliptical and the stationary bike. I do intervals on the treadmill, and the other day I started warming up on the stair master.
    Do you have any recommendations for machines to use at the gym? What is your favorite?

If you are not gasping for air then that simply means that machine does not cause you to work as hard as the other machines, which defeats the point of working out in the first place.

Gotta go with this one- Try something that's challenging and new. You'd be better off doing something harder and not for "hours at a time".
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    i love elliptical and stair master
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Leg press
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Probably the Hammer Strength Incline Press...
  • JulieJewlsWhatever
    JulieJewlsWhatever Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Lately it's the rowing machine, but I love a good leg press any day of the week
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Squat rack, free weights, med ball, swiss ball, Bosu, ladder, hurdles, cones, Trx, free motion cable machine, resistance band, skipping rope, rower, bodyweight exercises. Occasionally I'll use the dreadmill or bikes.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    The pool.
  • pamjt56
    pamjt56 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    my favorite is the arc trainer, after that riding my bike outside, and then the pool.
  • KatyP86
    KatyP86 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Arc trainer, elliptical, and treadmill ..
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,150 Member
    Options
    Rowing machine, but only when the river is frozen. (I concede that the river is not in the gym. But the rowing shell is still my favorite machine of all.)
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Rowing machine is my favorite at this point in my fitness journey I can't go for very long but someday I'm going to have a serious rowing session.... Then arc and bike depending on how my foot is feeling
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Stair master by far. I love it but lately my right knee hates it so I had to cool it & do other things for now... LOL
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Smith Machine!

Yes, I like the fact that my gym has a Smith Machine also! It ensures that the squat rack is more likely to be free.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Vending Machine

^^for the win.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I like the leg press.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    Machine preacher curl. I have a bad habit of leaning backwards during standing curls, but preachers let me keep better form.
  • ellieliam9796
    ellieliam9796 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love the arc trainer. It's the only machine I can do on for hours at a time without dying and gasping for air!
    I also use the elliptical and the stationary bike. I do intervals on the treadmill, and the other day I started warming up on the stair master.
    Do you have any recommendations for machines to use at the gym? What is your favorite?

Rowing machine! It's not at all tiring yet you can burn so many calories fast
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the squat rack.