Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »
    JFT, 3/17

1. Walk the dogs :/ I don't think I ever got them out yesterday but I can't seem to remember for sure.
    2. Stay within weight-loss calories :)
    3. Workout :) Bike ride for an hour + biceps + shoulders
    4. Try to stay positive; feeling quite down lately and just tired of this, hopefully will feel better after a workout :( I made it through the day but that's about it

JFT, 3/18

1. Walk the dogs
    2. Stay within weight-loss calories
    3. Workout
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread! I'm so over hearing myself say "tomorrow I will start being healthy." It's Today!! Today is the day to start!
    JFT 3/18
    1. I will walk my dog for at least 30 mins
    2. I will drink 8 glasses of water
    3. At least one of my meals will be a salad
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    Options
    After a long absence, I am trying to get back into this. It has been a hard month. Our 38 yr old daughter moved out on tuesday into her own apartment. She has pretty severe mental illness, so we are not sure how long it will last, but we are hoping it will last awhile. It gives my husband and I, and our daughter, all a break from one another. Her apartment is less than 5 miles from us, so that is the good thing, as I can check on her often. We are hoping this will also give her some hope. No 38 yr old feels good living with mom and dad.

So now, I have to learn to let go, pray that all goes OK, and concentrate on getting myself healthy again.

so jft
    1. drink water
    2. log all food
    3. think positive, and turn it over to God
    4. get out for a long walk

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    J4T Friday
    1. Treadmill at home in morning :smile:
    2. Finish laundry and housework :smile:
    3. Pre-log food and stick to the plan - went over a little in the evening
    4. Go to gym in afternoon - a snow storm and a highway full of traffic accidents made me turn around to go home where it was safe!
    5. Be careful to not over eat in evening- over by about 300 cslories in the evening

J4T SATURDAY
    1. Zumba first thing in the morning
    2. Spend time with family
    3. Pre-log food and stick to the plan
    4. Be careful about what I eat in the evening!!!
  • cside691
    cside691 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    - 5 mile walk with dogs
    - 30 minutes run on treadmill
    - Log everything
    - Drink more water
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Stay within my calorie goal. Drink plenty of water.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday 3/17/16
    1) two classes at the Y
    2) contact 4 people about work.
    3) read chapter 6 of my course manual

^Number 1

JFT Saturdat 3/19/16
    1) We bike for cookies
    2) read chapter 6
    3) charge speaker and light
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    Friends ...Commit to yourself, Just For Today.
    Have the courage to follow through.
    Your dreams can come true.
    I know it for a fact!

[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/grey^_^georgia^_^3^_^5^_^Welcome! Newbies!%5E_%5E.gif[/img]

"The accountability of posting here keeps me on the straight and narrow.
    I can always find excuses in my head, but somehow,
    they just don't cut it when I see them in black and white on the page."

JFT Fri 18 Mar
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 90+ minutes exercise; 9500+ steps, ; 8 cups liquids. :)
    2. Be mindful. :)
    3. Prep translation for this morning's Latin study group. :)
    4. Finish Ring Story for LOTRs challenge. :)
    5. Help DH put up new greenhouse after lunch. The old one blew down in one of the gales at the beginning of March. :)

JFT Sat 19 Mar
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 90+ minutes exercise; 9500+ steps, ; 8 cups liquids.
    2. Be mindful.
    3. Relax and catch up on sleep this morning!
    4. Go to local shops ( Newsagent/Butcher etc)
  • jennkaufer89
    jennkaufer89 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    JFT - 3/19/2016

1. I'm going to run my c25k
    2. I'm going to avoid bingeing, which I've fallen prey to these past three days :(
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    went to hosp for my husbands aunt and she is dying, so depressing, not going to eat my feelings though I want to
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Completed all my goals yesterday!
    JFT 3/19
    1. I will exercise for 30 mins
    2. I will call an old friend & reconnect
    3. I will drink lots of fluids
  • nrodeia
    nrodeia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    This is a continuation of a thread I started a thread late October, and another one in January and February, to try to stay on track, "JUST FOR A DAY".

We have had over 500 replies each month, so I am going to restart this each month. This has helped me tremendously, to start each day new. It has kept me going, and to keep on trying, one day at a time. And, I've met some wonderful friends along the way! Reading others goals for just one day has given me so much inspiration and goals to set for myself.

If I can do this for JUST ONE DAY, well, maybe that one day will lead to another day, an entire week, an entire month, and this will help me to develop better habits for my life, taking this one day at a time.

So each day I am going to post what I would like to accomplish. While I post my "Just for today" list, I am also going to post how I did the day before, so I am accountable to you guys as well.

Would anyone like to join me!! I am always so encouraged reading others goals, and together, we can all reach our goals for 2015 and beyond. I hope to keep doing this, starting a new thread each month.

March is a new month, a fresh start!

To bookmark this new thread, just click on the little yellow star. That book marks it, so you can find it easy. When you go to post again, to the right at the top of your page is a bell, a star, and a little flower. Click on the star, and it will show your book marked threads.

Anyone can join!

• nrodeia
    nrodeia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi im new to this thread or any thread. Ive been using my fitness pal for several years now buf always remained private. I ve started and quit so many times. Hard to stay motivated. So now I too am doing on day at a time. Im starting day 4. I need to at least lose 75 lbs. Ill be 60 in August. And would like to be well on my way by then. So for now im just trying to focus on one day at a time. Wish me luck!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    Friends ...Commit to yourself, Just For Today.
    Have the courage to follow through.
    Your dreams can come true.
    I know it for a fact!

[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/grey^_^georgia^_^3^_^5^_^Welcome! Newbies!%5E_%5E.gif[/img]

"The accountability of posting here keeps me on the straight and narrow.
    I can always find excuses in my head, but somehow,
    they just don't cut it when I see them in black and white on the page."

JFT Sat 19 Mar
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 90+ minutes exercise, 160 minutes; 9500+ steps, 11394 steps ; 8 cups liquids. :)
    2. Be mindful. :)
    3. Relax and catch up on sleep this morning! :)
    4. Go to local shops ( Newsagent/Butcher etc) :)

JFT Sun 20 Mar
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 90+ minutes exercise; 9500+ steps, ; 8 cups liquids.
    2. Rejoice.
    3. Relax.
    4. Visit family after lunch.
  • Goldhartbeat
    Goldhartbeat Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    - Don't binge, no matter how stressful the day gets
    - Cook for the rest of the week
    - Relax
  • BoaRestrictor
    BoaRestrictor Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    JFT: 3-20-16
    1- Weight Lifting
    2- Morning Jog
    3- 10,000 steps
    4- 1500 cal maximum.
  • lynnseev77
    lynnseev77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    This is a continuation of a thread I started a thread late October, and another one in January and February, to try to stay on track, "JUST FOR A DAY".

We have had over 500 replies each month, so I am going to restart this each month. This has helped me tremendously, to start each day new. It has kept me going, and to keep on trying, one day at a time. And, I've met some wonderful friends along the way! Reading others goals for just one day has given me so much inspiration and goals to set for myself.

If I can do this for JUST ONE DAY, well, maybe that one day will lead to another day, an entire week, an entire month, and this will help me to develop better habits for my life, taking this one day at a time.

So each day I am going to post what I would like to accomplish. While I post my "Just for today" list, I am also going to post how I did the day before, so I am accountable to you guys as well.

Would anyone like to join me!! I am always so encouraged reading others goals, and together, we can all reach our goals for 2015 and beyond. I hope to keep doing this, starting a new thread each month.

March is a new month, a fresh start!

To bookmark this new thread, just click on the little yellow star. That book marks it, so you can find it easy. When you go to post again, to the right at the top of your page is a bell, a star, and a little flower. Click on the star, and it will show your book marked threads.

Anyone can join!

• lynnseev77
    lynnseev77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to MFP as of today and am excited about this new journey. Having never had weight issues before, (I'm 56 and 5'9" tall, luckily) I find myself about 35 pounds heavier seemingly overnight! I have always been active playing tennis and dancing (swing, ballroom, disco) until a couple of years ago. As I became more of a homebody in the evenings, this bad habit really put on the weight. I have never had to diet, nor count calories, but I am determined to do whatever it takes to feel in my "normal" weight again. I do now, however, play pickleball at least 3 - 4 times a week which helps keep my cardio workouts going. I find it hard to stay motivated to be active after working a full-time office job during the weekdays. Sharing your stories of struggles and victories help all of us with our journey toward healthier living. I found MFP through a tennis friend and her daughter who looks amazing after having lost 70 pounds, which I found totally motivating and a became a believer in this weight loss method. A big motivator for me is an upcoming pickleball tournament, the 1st Ever US Open for Pickleball, and I really want to be in great shape to play and look my best. April 28 is not far away!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Just for Today:

* log every bite
    * 30 minutes of activity
    * Shop healthy
    * pre-Package next week's lunch snacks
    * Attitude adjustment!!!
  • BoaRestrictor
    BoaRestrictor Posts: 194 Member
    Options