Who still eats at Chipotle?

Options

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I do.
    I'm gluten free and the only modification I have to make there is no tortilla. I like their food and the outbreak doesn't faze me
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    This is a perfect example of how "healthy" doesnt equate to low calorie/weight loss. I went back and built the salad again with "healthy" items. 4oz. chicken(180 cal.), brown rice(210 cal.), pinto beans(115 cal.), fajita vegetables(20 cal.), fresh tomato salsa(20 cal.), cheese(100 cal.), guacamole(230 cal.), romaine lettuce(5 cal.) = 885 total calories :neutral:

Dude, you're putting every high calorie option on it and then complaining that its... too high in calories? Leave out the rice and guac and you cut that thing in HALF! That's how I roll at Chipotle with a burrito bowl: chicken, black beans, lettuce, salsa. No cheese, no rice, no guac, no extra calories, no problems!
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    This is a perfect example of how "healthy" doesnt equate to low calorie/weight loss. I went back and built the salad again with "healthy" items. 4oz. chicken(180 cal.), brown rice(210 cal.), pinto beans(115 cal.), fajita vegetables(20 cal.), fresh tomato salsa(20 cal.), cheese(100 cal.), guacamole(230 cal.), romaine lettuce(5 cal.) = 885 total calories :neutral:

You have too many high calorie items. If you kill the guac, you'd save 230 cal. Since I love guac, what I'd do is bring that salad home, divide it in half, add lettuce, and make two meals out of it.

Plus you don't need to have both the rice and the beans in the same meal.

but who's going to go there and not get guac? Also when i go to a restaurant that is "Mexican" i want rice and beans or else why even go?

Rice and beans is the same calories pretty much everywhere. So if you go to a Mexican restaurant, you are still eating the same calories there that you are complaining about at Chipotle. Right?
  • tnm7760
    tnm7760 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle and the outbreaks haven't stopped me. I only make it there once every few months, but I like it. Healthy foods can be low calorie, you just can't have all the healthy foods at once, or you have to have smaller portions of them. :D

I usually do a salad with chicken, veggies, corn salsa, pick de gallo and a bit if the dressing. If I have extra calories I might add guac.

If I want beans and rice, I usually skip the chicken.

If I want cheese, sour cream, guac, meat and beans & rice wrapped in the tortilla? Well, I better plan on going way over my calories. Lol.

You can have it all. Just not all at once. Totally healthy. But I do get that sometimes the willpower to leave off yummy things to make it doable is hard to find so it's often easier to just not tempt yourself.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Had a burrito bowl on Monday. It was delicious. :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go because of their fearmongering about GMOs.
  • Cylie5
    Cylie5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten there since virus spread, I'm just too concerned. I don't plan to boycott permanently but just plan to wait a
    bit
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating there before any virus, I don't like chipotle, I don't like the taste.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The one in my building doesn't seem less crowded. I go sometimes if I have to work on Saturday and am not organized enough to bring lunch, because it's open and in my building. I get a fajita bowl with chicken, black beans, fajita, tomatoes, and red sauce for 375, or if I want vegetarian I have rice instead of chicken for 405 calories. Super filling, and completely normal calories for a lunch.
  • atiral
    atiral Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've only ever been once. It was super bland and boring. No taste. I don't get why people love it so much.
  • krazgrl
    krazgrl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yep, my veggie bowl was delicious tonight. :)
  • scriptie
    scriptie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I received a few free burrito coupons the other day. I really like their sofritas, I just don't eat out too much. As PP's stated, these outbreaks could have happened anywhere - it's not stopping me from going and redeeming those coupons.
  • drachfit
    drachfit Posts: 217 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Best part about working out is ordering a 1000 calorie burrito, and not only knowing it fits comfortably within your calories, but has damn near perfect macros too.

Double chicken, hot&mild with all the fixin's
  • nlkklrocks
    nlkklrocks Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I still go at least once a week! I get half the amount of brown rice, veggies, chicken, salsa, corn, and lettuce. Tastes sooooo good
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Might not believe it, but I have never been to a Chipotle before.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    kwtilbury wrote: »

Skip the guac and cheese. A 550 calorie, macro-friendly meal. Boom!

I read that as macho-friendly.

Just felt the need to share. :)

They serve macho-friendly dishes at ChiBROtle ;)
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I've been to Chipotle a few times since all their issues. The place wasn't jam packed like it had been before the outbreaks, but there was still quite a line of people (probably 10+ people in front of me) each time I've been there.
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Between family members, we've probably bought 4-6 meals a week at chipotle for years. Still do, no issues so far.
  • Jelenajelenajelenajelena
    Options
    I normally don't go but the other day was at the mall and starving so I got a salad bowl, with tomatoes, corn,peppers , tofu and guac, dressing on the side. And it didn't do any damage.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I havent been there in a long time either. Cant make the amount of calories fit. I just went to their website, built a burrito, a burrito bowl and a salad and nothing came out lower than 815 calories and the burrito i built was 1200 calories!! Insane!!

I have no idea what you're choosing to include, but the salad I get there regularly is about 380 calories. Yes, it's possible to build a total calorie bomb, but you can also get more reasonable stuff there. It's all about what you choose.

I go there specifically to build a calorie bomb. Sometimes I just need a 1000kcal burrito. #Truth
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    The Simi Valley store that had the outbreak... it still is busy whenever I go there.

Chipotle is a calorie bomb, but eating it once in a blue moon isn't going to kill me.