Juice plus diet

Options
I started the JP diet 3 weeks ago starting with a 2 week detox and for the last week shake replacements for breakfast and lunch.

I have lost 10lb so far

Replies

• Preshy999
    Preshy999 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. I never could do a detox properly and so youre an inspiration. I'd still suggest that you keep having some solid food maybe high protein at least once a day if you're feeling weak or something.

Lots of love from here. Waiting for results :)
  • Preshy999
    Preshy999 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If and when you are done with the fasts ease in to your normal diet and increase your workouts. You should be fine. But yes the beautiful woman has a point that its not a lifetime idea. So tread carefully :)
  • GFH8
    GFH8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok so a lot of negativity about juice plus on here.

I would just like to note that I am eating solid food twice a day. Calorie controlled clean meals with no processed products or Enumbers.
    My calorie intake is around 1200 a day which is sufficient and I'm also hitting all my recommend vitamin intake.

For those of you with kind words thank you

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    You're eating 1200cals and it doesn't matter in what form. You could put it all in the blender and drink it. I just don't see the difference, personally, as far as weight loss is concerned. I just don't see why you'd want to do it unless it is easier/tastier/cheaper.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I lost about 9 lbs my first two weeks eating regular food. The juice and detox are not doing anything that the calorie deficit is not. Why go through that if you can just eat regular healthy food and lose weight?

How is your weight loss plan helping you learn lifelong habits to keep the weight off? Do you plan to drink your breakfast and lunch for the rest of your life?

A detox is totally not needed - your liver and kidneys detox your body for you. Detoxes are just a way for big companies to make money off of desperate people.

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-one-thing-you-need-to-know-before-you-detox/#more-40118
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Good lord. More detox woo woo. Best of luck
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    I lost about 9 lbs my first two weeks eating regular food. The juice and detox are not doing anything that the calorie deficit is not. Why go through that if you can just eat regular healthy food and lose weight?

How is your weight loss plan helping you learn lifelong habits to keep the weight off? Do you plan to drink your breakfast and lunch for the rest of your life?

A detox is totally not needed - your liver and kidneys detox your body for you. Detoxes are just a way for big companies to make money off of desperate people.

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-one-thing-you-need-to-know-before-you-detox/#more-40118

Agreed. Absolutely NO need for a detox. That's just marketing hype. If that sort of thing actually worked long-term, no one would be overweight.

So, you lost 9lbs of water weight. That happens eating less food, too. 1200 calories is not the magic number for weight loss.....

I wish people would stop following bogus advice and lean more towards science. -_- Why don't people read the stickies? There are no crazy food rules involved with weight loss.
  • Wombat468
    Wombat468 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You're all being very critical - if drinking juice is what helps the poster keep to her calorie limit, then that's great. It's just a choice she's made about what she wants to eat/drink. I've lost 25lb since Christmas having a smoothie every day for breakfast, because it's setting me up well for the day and is keeping me focused, and it's also easy to make if I run out of time to cook dinner. I know it's not a magic bullet, but it's working for me. Lay off the OP, please!
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    CiaraCatch wrote: »
    You're all being very critical - if drinking juice is what helps the poster keep to her calorie limit, then that's great. It's just a choice she's made about what she wants to eat/drink. I've lost 25lb since Christmas having a smoothie every day for breakfast, because it's setting me up well for the day and is keeping me focused, and it's also easy to make if I run out of time to cook dinner. I know it's not a magic bullet, but it's working for me. Lay off the OP, please!

Talk to us in a year. If you've continued to lose weight and kept it off let us know. Otherwise, yes, very critical and will continue to be so.
  • imogene912
    imogene912 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!! I love using my juicer and making healthy smoothies too! Keep it up!
  • Wombat468
    Wombat468 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks Imogene!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

You didn't call your smoothie a detox.
  • victoriaratcliffe1972
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss, if this is working for you then keep doing it. I think if we all look at our diets we do something a little differently to others. Without knowing how much you've got to lose, may be this way will give you the motivation to just eat healthy & exercise in the future as you see the changes in yourself & think long term.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Who is it that brainwashed people to believe they need a detox. It's so strange. I was obese I needed to lose weight I cut down my calories and did some exercise.

Stop kidding yourselves with this imaginary detox.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Who is it that brainwashed people to believe they need a detox. It's so strange. I was obese I needed to lose weight I cut down my calories and did some exercise.

Stop kidding yourselves with this imaginary detox.

Gwynth Paltrow
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

How bout nah ?