I've opened up my food Diary, Can someone help me out here?

Options
Krisstastic_
Krisstastic_ Posts: 311 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay, so.. lol Let me see if i can answer all the questions people will probably ask me first before i dive into my question.

I am 30 years old. Work 84 hours every 2 weeks, in a kitchen on my feet for 12 hours a day, i go to the gym on my days off, 65 min usually although sometimes i go once in the morning for 65min and once in the evening for 65min, doing c25k (currently just hit 25min running ) for 30 min and then walking at a 3.0 incline for the rest. I have currently lost 97lbs and only have 15 pounds left to go before hitting my goal of 140lbs. current weight is 155.1 pounds.

I weigh everything on my scale, in fact i own 2 scales. 99% of everything i log is in grams of milliliters. Only exception to that would be where i do work in a kitchen and a lot of the products we serve do not have a brand attached or any packaging (It comes up in generic pans from a bigger kitchen downstairs) but i do my best to log it as fairly as i can.

I also try to make sure that i do not eat too much of what comes up from downstairs.

I try my best to keep a good watch on my sodium, some times i'm a bit over, but for the most part i am good.
I do a lot of my cooking from home, use the same measurements each time i make a recipe, and i've been eating these things my entire weight loss.

I drink about 2L of water per day. I use my sodastream machine, make my own carbonated drinks using a liquid flavor enhancer.

I do not eat my excersize calories back as i do not trust the information given to me on the machines.

ANYWAY.. so i've been finding my weight sitting around the same for long periods of time, which is leading me to think i need to change something to get these last 15 pounds gone, i had 4 days off in a row and on the 4th day i had a weight of 155.1, then i go back to work and i hover around 157, 158lbs, then it seems like it takes me serveral days to work myself back to where i was before i went back to work, I've only lost 4lbs this month and based on the math without any excerize im right on target, but since i am working out, im just wondering why its going at the speed like i wasn't excersizing, and i am also looking for suggestions on what i should change..

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't have any suggestions. I'm 89lbs down and have experienced similar. I think we just have to push on through, doing what we're doing. It might be slower now, but at least we're fitter :smiley:
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I read this thread a couple days ago, wasnt sure if it applied to me or not.. i did acknowledge that it does take a lot longer for weight to drop due to the smaller deficit, but according to mfp, im still eating at a 500cal deficit, plus excersize and yet i am only losing like i have a 500 cal deficit only, so i wasnt sure if that counted as a small decifit causing me to take a good 3 weeks to lose 1lbs

With a 1200-calorie goal before exercise, that's probably why. You're going to have a hard time getting to that deficit when it's below the minimum (and regarding the exercise calories, that's why many of us advise to only eat half of them back).
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    There's no fresh food, like fruit and veggies. You need fiber, vitamins, & minerals. Best wishes.
  • elsesvan
    elsesvan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You have done a real good job. Well done! Maybe less carbs from light bread, and more proteins(white fish, chicken, turkey etc.-low on calories) Try to eat your carbs as vegetables, broccoli, brousselsprouts, carrots, etc etc.(it will fill you up in a healthy and good way) Light bread is no good in my opinion, lots of calories, and doesn't fill you up properly. You actually can compare white flour, which light bread types are made of, as sugar. Make a Oatmeal porridge(40 grams of dry oatmeal) with water in the morning- put cinnamon and a little banana on, fills you up and gives you good carbs, fat and proteins.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    elsesvan wrote: »
    You have done a real good job. Well done! Maybe less carbs from light bread, and more proteins(white fish, chicken, turkey etc.-low on calories) Try to eat your carbs as vegetables, broccoli, brousselsprouts, carrots, etc etc.(it will fill you up in a healthy and good way) Light bread is no good in my opinion, lots of calories, and doesn't fill you up properly. You actually can compare white flour, which light bread types are made of, as sugar. Make a Oatmeal porridge(40 grams of dry oatmeal) with water in the morning- put cinnamon and a little banana on, fills you up and gives you good carbs, fat and proteins.

No, this not the problem by changing her macros. She needs to get CICO fixed first.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    You numbers look very round. Do you weigh to get round numbers?
  • queenliz99
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Maybe you could drop 100 calories per day? Or add a little more cardio or weight lifting? Or a combo of both.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I took a look at a few days in your diary. Your protein intake is quite low, and your exercise looks to be all cardio. Combine these with a calorie deficit, and you will lose a lot of muscle with your fat, resulting in a less than desired BF%, and lowered metabolism. My suggestion would be to increase your protein and start strength training. Keep a small deficit until reaching your goal weight, and then you can switch to maintenance calories and keep lifting, maybe aim for a recomp...
  • elsesvan
    elsesvan Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Okay.. but can you help me out by explaining why doing these things will change my weight loss?
    Im trying to figure out why im losing slower now, my issue isnt that i am hungry lol

Good question :) I know that after a while on diet as yours and your weightloss the body get used to the amount of calories and since you eat the same nomatter how active you are, the body starts saving -keeping the fat( this is how we are built in case of famine). Maybe you actually have to increase your calories by a couple of hundreds a day. This calories must come from something else than light bread and sugar, thats way I was into that side of your diet ;)
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    OP, First off, congrats on your excellent losses!! As others have stated, with so little to lose now, it will be much slower going. Knowing that weight loss isn't linear, and that you will have fluctuations in water-weight from anything from stress to ToM, this is most likely the case and yet you lost 4 pounds in the last month, which is great!! I wouldn't stress it, just keep doing what you're doing.
  • queenliz99
    Options

Okay.. but can you help me out by explaining why doing these things will change my weight loss?
    Im trying to figure out why im losing slower now, my issue isnt that i am hungry lol

Good question :) I know that after a while on diet as yours and your weightloss the body get used to the amount of calories and since you eat the same nomatter how active you are, the body starts saving -keeping the fat( this is how we are built in case of famine). Maybe you actually have to increase your calories by a couple of hundreds a day. This calories must come from something else than light bread and sugar, thats way I was into that side of your diet ;)

Your body does not hold onto to extra fat in a deficit.