Replies

• chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    ooooo
  • millygrl
    millygrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and you girls are such inspiration! I've lost 30 lbs and have 22 lbs to go to reach my goal of 180 (healthy bmi). Can't wait to be an after : )
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Bump! Love this thread!

I'm 6'0 - highest weight was 215, now I'm down to 175. 175 was my first goal, but when I got here, I decided to drop it by another 10 pounds. 175 feels great!, but there's some fat hanging around that I want gone. But honestly, I feel great, and I would be totally happy if I stayed at 175 for the rest of my life!
  • cfremon
    cfremon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love this thread too! :) All of you who have posted before and after pics are such a great inspiration... all that hard work, and it definitely pays off. You're all looking great!

I'm 5'10 and lost about 25 pounds last year (I think I was upwards of 230, and dropped down to 204)... I regained 10 pounds over the holidays, and am now trying to get down to a BMI of 22, which is 153 lbs. It's so great to see other women with similar heights in the 135-175 range, and see how healthy, happy, and beautiful they all look!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • MissDianaJones
    MissDianaJones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 10, and trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 140lbs and maybe slightly below just in case I put on a few pounds! I was 204lbs when I had my baby and I'm now down to 154, so going for the final push. Bit more exercise etc and i'll be sorted!
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    WOW, I love seeing all these before and after pics!! I am 5'9 1/2 and looking forward to reaching my pre-kids weight of 135 and everyone I tell that too...says " nooo way, you will look too thin and sick at that weight with your height..but now that I have seen some photos I can forget what they are saying and go for it :) You all look amazing and just inspired me even more..cant wait to post before and after's :)
  • redbirdsings
    redbirdsings Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am 6'0' starting well...too much. goal 184 ish.. i will know when i get there but i too have NO idea what I will look like where i am now is all i have really ever know . lost 53 so far and this is the lowest i have been and my usual weight for 18 years - so i am stoked to get under this and see what could be. i will try to post some pic - i know they are on my profile page. mainly head shots - cause ...well in typical fat girl style I hate pictures and crop or delete the less than flattering - which were most of them. Great thread ...
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    don't want to high jack the thread, but it is interesting to see a lot of the wieghts that the ladies are posting ... i'm 5'11 and I started at 241, i'm down to 224 and was thinking 190 was my idea weight, starting to reconsider seeign a lot of the wieghts poisted here by you guys.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Still a work in progress but my pictures are in my signature!

Come join some other tall ladies and myself in this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/253936--totally-tall-women-of-mfp-5-9-and-up-open-group
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    don't want to high jack the thread, but it is interesting to see a lot of the wieghts that the ladies are posting ... i'm 5'11 and I started at 241, i'm down to 224 and was thinking 190 was my idea weight, starting to reconsider seeign a lot of the wieghts poisted here by you guys.

I am 5'91/2 and I would like to only be about 180-190. I do not want to be thin, just healthy and look good in my clothes. I like a tight 9/10 or a loose size 12. If I were to get down to 165-170 I would be a size 6 and that is bobblehead size for me. No way. I am 44 and want to look like a healthy Woman not a kid.
  • fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I would love to see more pics of before and after. I am about 5ft 10 or 5ft 11 and my highest weight was 235. When I started MFP I was down to 206 and now I am stuck at 182ish.....I need inspiration! And all of the pics look so great! It's so funny how different bodies look. I had a goal weight of 150-175 and I'm almost to the 175 but it doesn't look or feel good enough for me.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hihi! I'm 5'11 (and a half).

Before at 206 lbs:
    74484_686788238715_1405687_38685792_4866743_n.jpg

After at 180 lbs:
    DSCN0027-1-1.jpg

Wow Ur 206 pic doesn't even look like u weigh that much. Even Ur 180. Looks amazing...
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options

It really depends on your body type and bone structure. I'm 5'11 and at my starting weight (223) I was wearing a size 16. At my current weight (174.4) I am wearing a size 10. My goal is to be a size 8 and weigh 150-160, which is the middle of the healthy BMI range.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread! It is so interesting to see how different people's goals are. I think I have a rather small frame and I have set my goal at 160. After that, I may decide to go lower depending on how I look and feel. I am currently at 196 and wear between a 12 and 14. I'll have to post some progress pics along the way!
  • starzluv94
    starzluv94 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I find it really interesting that at least a few of the girls who have posted in this thread so far have "after" weights that are higher than my "before" weight, but they look so fabulous! The girls who have said that they're in the 180s, I would never have been able to tell. And they're not the only ones - I've seen other girls on MFP who are tall, 180-190 and they look like supermodels. Why is this? Is it "body frame"? Amount of muscle? I did NOT look as good at 175 as these beautiful ladies who are 180! Or is my scale just busted? :)

Its all about body comp, height, stature, frame, every one is going to be different.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options

It really depends on your body type and bone structure. I'm 5'11 and at my starting weight (223) I was wearing a size 16. At my current weight (174.4) I am wearing a size 10. My goal is to be a size 8 and weigh 150-160, which is the middle of the healthy BMI range.

Yeah, I agree with this - it's all body type. I'm 6'0, and at 200-210 I wore a size 16 - now at 175 I'm a 12. My goal is 165 lbs and size 10.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!