Is this a dating site??

Options

Replies

• goodare34
    goodare34 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    xSPICYx wrote: »
    Might as well be a dating site. The amount of dick and vag pics being sent around make this place easier than Tinder

If I get anything like that, I'm off. Yack!
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    goodare34 wrote: »
    xSPICYx wrote: »
    Might as well be a dating site. The amount of dick and vag pics being sent around make this place easier than Tinder

If I get anything like that, I'm off. Yack!

youre letting them win if you do
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options
    @synchkat make sure he wears a Top Hat, i can only get into a car with someone whos wearing a Top Hat.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    oh....i was going to send a girl. She can wear a top hat I guess
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    oh....i was going to send a girl. She can wear a top hat I guess

Oh no, if its a girl she must wear a bonnet
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    are you hitting on me OP?
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    No it f**king isn't.

You seem angry. Is no one hitting on you?
  • Rick_Nelson81
    Rick_Nelson81 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I actually found a way you can supposedly search for members within your zipcode, but it doesn't work properly, and the tech team is aware of it and "working on a solution" ... so, maybe soon it can be a dating site? B)
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I actually found a way you can supposedly search for members within your zipcode, but it doesn't work properly, and the tech team is aware of it and "working on a solution" ... so, maybe soon it can be a dating site? B)

Or a stalking site? That's not creepy at all.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

I will be removing my location, not that anyone would stalk me but still you never know...
  • debmom2boyz
    debmom2boyz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Not a dating site, but with most forum style sites, I am sure it happens.

I was on a site for support for betrayed spouses, and there were a few threads that stated the spouse (that cheated) meet on MFP. With this site being so large, not a surprise. Has nothing to do with MFP.

For me, I just like to talk and why not about getting healthy.

• momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I know a sure way to keep people on here from hitting on you. Use a cartoon character as your profile pic. Works every time. ;)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options

I will be removing my location, not that anyone would stalk me but still you never know...

Have you looked out your window lately @JeffreyMGiron
  • tcarp8
    tcarp8 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    goodare34 wrote: »
    I've only been on here two days, using the app for a week though . Have had a few messages like this is a dating site. Its not is it?? Like a dating site for people getting fit? Hope not, but thought I'd better check haha

I think it can be more of a "flirting" site than a dating site.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    edited March 2016
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

Have you looked out your window lately @JeffreyMGiron

@synchkat if its you im okay

And yes i just took a stroll to the grocery store no stalkers outside, but i did see this woman i should have talked too but again im always too shy.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

Pretty sure they have been working on that issue since the site was created. Don't hold your breath on that one.

Also, not meant to be offensive to the OP, but this thread is a prime example of people having no desire to actually use a Search feature. Otherwise this topic wouldn't be the brought up in a new thread on a weekly basis.
  • goodare34
    Options

Pretty sure they have been working on that issue since the site was created. Don't hold your breath on that one.

Also, not meant to be offensive to the OP, but this thread is a prime example of people having no desire to actually use a Search feature. Otherwise this topic wouldn't be the brought up in a new thread on a weekly basis.

It's my second day on here just finding my way around.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It's not a dating site, but it IS on the Internet, so there will always be some people looking for a hook up...or whatever. :p Just ignore. ;)
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Options

The many threads on this subject is a testament to the number of people here who objectify others and think with their junk. As long as that keeps happening here, you're going to see threads about it.
  • goodare34
    Options
    momo_t90 wrote: »

The many threads on this subject is a testament to the number of people here who objectify others and think with their junk. As long as that keeps happening here, you're going to see threads about it.

Or it could just be people who are new, and paid eight quid a month for a fitness app that looked good and are perturbed to get odd messages within two days.
    I won't be back on this part, I'll stick to my food diary.
    Bye all