Guys: Does hair length matter?

Options
PepsiGal
PepsiGal Posts: 85 Member
When you see a woman with a shortish (down to chin/or below chin) but stylish hair style, do you think it's unattractive? Or, if she really can pull off the shorter length and acts confident, does that make a difference?

Replies

• rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I hope guys like short hair! I love my hair at this length!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I find short hair on a woman can be very sexy!!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I asked my husband this question many times when I get tired of styling my long hair all the time. His vote is to keep the hair long and finds it sexier than short hair on women. But that is only one man's opinion. :)
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Honestly Hair isnt hat important... Its the Tatoos. LOL No really though Hair doesnt matter The biggest feature that I look at are eyes.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend votes long hair. Kind of a pain in my butt what with all the curl I have to deal with.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I have longer hair right now. Well, longer for me. It's a little past my shoulders. But my boyfriend prefers my hair short! So there are lots of guys out there that do, I'm sure. :smile:
  • lcoreo5
    lcoreo5 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    a couple months ago i donated 12 inches of hair. I was shocked when i saw my new over the shoulder do... I was terrified for my fiance to see it, but he absolutely loved it and wants me to keep it short! i think if you are beautiful, you are beautiful - no matter what your hairstyle! :)
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    My husband has a thing for long hair and I'm pretty sure my son will too. He's always burying his face in my hair and breathing deeply! lol It's just a personal preference though and if you like it short, keep it! :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend prefers long hair... I've always heard guys like long hair 'cause they like something to grab. Mreh. My hair is right at my collar bone. When we first started dating 2 years ago, I was just starting to grow my hair out from a boyshort haircut. It was maybe 3" long everywhere. He definitely didn't like it but hey, I still got him. :bigsmile:
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I like women with short hair. But, not all women can wear a short haircut.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My hubby is a huge fan of long hair. I do too & I'll be glad so glad when mine grows back out!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    ok so I shaved my head in the name of cancer in May. Since then I can't tell you how many men have told me how hot it is. It's kind of weird. I hear that GI Jane comment a lot. :) Funny stuff. I think it depends on the guy and the confidence....
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    It is largely a matter of personal taste. Personally I like short hair on active girls and have never heard another guy complain about it. BUT there is a difference between short-cute-sassy, and don't care about my appearance anymore so opting for utility.

I think it would look great on you!
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend hates when i even talk about cutting my hair, even a trim. he likes it to be long just not overly ridiculously long. and i personally can't have really short hair (chin length) -- did that in 5th grade and it was the worst decision of my life -- but thats just my face shape. some people I think look terrific with short hair vs. long hair and some bettter with long. I think it just depends on your face shape, body build, even your personality --- your appearance reflects the person that you are.
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend has very short hair, probably the typical length of a man's hair, or maybe just a bit longer. I think it suits her.

Natalie Portman looked super sexy with no hair at all.

What makes you look sexy is usually what makes you feel sexy. Your actions and body language express your own feeling, and those are more important for how you're perceived by others than your actual appearance.

I've read scientific studies on this, so I'm not just trying to boost your ego, though I don't have the links handy.
  • maggieschuck
    maggieschuck Posts: 174
    Options
    Ive had hair down to my butt to the stylish angled cut. I think it all depends on how you wear it and your personality. If you have long hair but its always up (bun, braid or pony) then whats the point of long hair. The only time I wear my hair down is when its short. Ive asked a few guys what they think most say long but do find confident, spunky short haired ladies attractive. If he loves you then he'll love your hair at any length.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I hope guys like short hair! I love my hair at this length!
    You wear it well!
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I recently got "scalped" at the hair dressers. At least, I thought so. But my cowokers and friends [women!] all love it. In fact, I must admit, I now love it, too. I often feel like short hair is "boyish" but I'll tell you, once I got used to it, it made me feel kind of sassy/sexy. I don't know if it's my attitude or the haircut itself, but I gotta tell you, I am getting more attention from the men at the gym and at work. [And I am not an attention-seeking kinda gal].

I think when you feel good about yourself it radiates from within. I think confidence is sexy to both men and women. I also realize that it's important to be yourself. And while considering a significant other's preferences is polite, worrying about what men in general find attractive can drive you batty. After all, like a couple of posters said, it's just "one man's opinion".

Do what makes you happy. I did. And I'm not hating the results! :)

PS It's easier to care for..dries more quickly..and looks more professional in some cases.
  • duckypooh67
    Options
    My Hubby likes long. i have long thick hair but when its 115 here in az. i wanna hunt down the clippers. lol
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on the woman. There are some women - Halle Berry, Hayden Panettiere - that look great with short hair. But long hair really does look good on most women I think.