Women with Multiple Tatoos HOT OR NOT?

Options

Replies

• CrochetGator
    CrochetGator Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I currently have 7 tattoos. Nothing too big, and none on my lower back. I have one on each wrist, on my ankles, the back of my neck and my upper back. All of them have very significant meaning. I think tattoos are definitely a personal preference. Some people male or female, look hot with a lot and some look better without. I want a few more tattoos but not too many. My left wrist is a shamrock with the lucky number 24 inside, my right wrist is the Celtic knot for motherhood with a blue dot for my son and a pink/blue dot for the pregnancy I lost. My left ankle has a lady bug because I have always called my son Bug, my right ankle has my zodiac sign and the ambigram (can be read upside down and right side up) saying EARTH from the book Angels and Demons, the back of my neck has the Kanji for Alligator, and on my upper back is an ambigram of mine and my husbands names. Right side up it says Michael and Upside down it says Amanda. Here are some pics of my two favs.
    http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb58/horrochick85/100_0395.jpg
    http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb58/horrochick85/celticmotherhoodtat.jpg
  • allystone
    allystone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have a few tattooos and getting more, I love them for me they mean something....either something spiritual or something that I've gone through........I don't really care if a guy finds it attractive or not, it's on my body it's for me you know......that's my humble opinon.

I agree. I have them on my legs and both arms, way showable. My mom always tell me a guy is never going to find you attractive, and I tell her, It's my body..and I do what I want with it. :)
  • shannonpatton
    shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    tattoos are an expression of who i am on the inside, showing on the outside. some of us like our art to be permanent. to accent the grooves and curves of the human body with ink and color. i love my tattoos. i want more, but i'll have to save up first.

I couldn't of said it better!!!! :)
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I currently have 7 tattoos. Nothing too big, and none on my lower back. I have one on each wrist, on my ankles, the back of my neck and my upper back. All of them have very significant meaning. I think tattoos are definitely a personal preference. Some people male or female, look hot with a lot and some look better without. I want a few more tattoos but not too many. My left wrist is a shamrock with the lucky number 24 inside, my right wrist is the Celtic knot for motherhood with a blue dot for my son and a pink/blue dot for the pregnancy I lost. My left ankle has a lady bug because I have always called my son Bug, my right ankle has my zodiac sign and the ambigram (can be read upside down and right side up) saying EARTH from the book Angels and Demons, the back of my neck has the Kanji for Alligator, and on my upper back is an ambigram of mine and my husbands names. Right side up it says Michael and Upside down it says Amanda. Here are some pics of my two favs.

The celtic motherhood knot is the first one I am getting! On the back of my neck or between my shoulders.
  • msmandyjo
    msmandyjo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I personally LOVE tattoos! BUT I think tattoos on the lower back (aka the tramp stamp) are kinda trashy. Just my opinion! :/

Just like to clarify, my back piece is not a tramp stamp, which is usually a design that runs left to right, mine is a fairy sitting upright on a mushroom and goes from my hips up to the middle of my back
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    I got my first tattoo at 16... and I've been getting them ever since. I LOVE ink! I have 6, and have plans for at least 3 more. Mine are all coverable; I teach preschool and most parents there don't even know about them. Each one means something deeply personal to me - even the first, which I got to commemorate my best friend who passed away that year. I have my family crests, a motherhood knot, angel wings and a fallen dutchman tattoo inspired by my father and my heritage.

As far as the reason - why not? I've had my tattoos for MANY years, and they still look beautiful. As far as 40 years from now - I think my grandkids are going to love them. You can always get them touched up so they look fresh.

I used to be concerned about what people would think of me and all my color. I'm a mother, a teacher, I'm involved in many community organizations.... how would they feel? And then I realized - it's not about them. It's not about you. It's about me, and I love them. I'm proud of them, and what they each represent. I won't tell you how to wear your clothes or your hair, and I expect the same about my ink. And think of it this way - you can always change your looks. I had the guts to make mine permanent!
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    depends who.. but bring it bring it bring it, and make 'em GOOD! hmm, will you really care when you're sixty? i dunno. maybe? then don't get them. i won't ever be covered, but some girls that are; look awesome. all my ex bf's have been covered from head to toe which definitely helped change my mind when it comes to bein' tatt'd up! girl or guy!
  • veggievixen
    veggievixen Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow, if you don't want to stir the pot don't put a spoon in it. But since you did...

I agree w/ jennw10, interesting that you find the tramp stamp attractive. That's a pretty big blanket statement and doesn't take into account size, choice of image, artistic quality, or personal meaning.

For example, large portion of my back is covered with 2 pieces. One represents a place of sanctuary after my parents divorce, the other represents surviving cancer. Both are my own art and represent a very important part of my life that I will cherish even as they change over time.
  • rosy_rsls
    rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have one on my back. I LOVE it. Im planning on gettin a 1/4 of a sleeve done in the future and my bf is gettin a half. we cant wait. he loves my idea and i really want him to get one too!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos on males or females. I think they look fantastic in general and can really enhance a persons beauty.

I myself have 7 and plan on getting a bunch more......I want 1/2 sleeves, a side peice, my ankle done with a big peice, my lower back, and I have a few cutsie "privately placed" tattoos planned as well.

My husband has tons of tattoos as well and more planned. He thinks they are hot as well.

We both love Kat Von D ....... and similarily tattooed folk!
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    lol im not ashamed!!! 8 ear, two nose (one on each side), tongue and hood.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i love tattoos. i have 3 and have plans for 2 more. :))

one is a lame daisy chain on my ankle i got when i was 18
    one is a fire helmet w/ a rocker underneath that reads "in loving memory" on my right shoulder blade...in memory of my 1st husband.
    the 3rd is on the inside of my left wrist and it says "Dulcius ex Asperis" which i got after my divorce which means "through bitterness comes sweetness".
    as you can see my life has been crazy...i'm ready for the sweetness.

eta:
    i will get an E w/ a heart somewhere for my children's names
    and I'll also get either a puzzle piece somewhere to match someone - OR on the back of my neck/top of back i'll get "love is a verb" in script.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options

The celtic motherhood knot is the first one I am getting! On the back of my neck or between my shoulders.

That is actually what I was thinking about getting next! I can only find a picture of it through google on stained glass though LOL
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Wow, if you don't want to stir the pot don't put a spoon in it. But since you did...

I agree w/ jennw10, interesting that you find the tramp stamp attractive. That's a pretty big blanket statement and doesn't take into account size, choice of image, artistic quality, or personal meaning.

For example, large portion of my back is covered with 2 pieces. One represents a place of sanctuary after my parents divorce, the other represents surviving cancer. Both are my own art and represent a very important part of my life that I will cherish even as they change over time.

I am just a simple man in refernce to the tramp stamp, and I did put the spoon there didn't I. Sorry I hope I didnt offend you its sounds like your tatoos have alot of meaning. I never really thought of Tatoos that way. I got mine in the miltary and I didnt put a whole lot of effort into it. Again my apologies if I offended you.
  • Dimplez1518
    Options
    I got my first tattoo at 16... and I've been getting them ever since. I LOVE ink! I have 6, and have plans for at least 3 more. Mine are all coverable; I teach preschool and most parents there don't even know about them. Each one means something deeply personal to me - even the first, which I got to commemorate my best friend who passed away that year. I have my family crests, a motherhood knot, angel wings and a fallen dutchman tattoo inspired by my father and my heritage.

As far as the reason - why not? I've had my tattoos for MANY years, and they still look beautiful. As far as 40 years from now - I think my grandkids are going to love them. You can always get them touched up so they look fresh.

I used to be concerned about what people would think of me and all my color. I'm a mother, a teacher, I'm involved in many community organizations.... how would they feel? And then I realized - it's not about them. It's not about you. It's about me, and I love them. I'm proud of them, and what they each represent. I won't tell you how to wear your clothes or your hair, and I expect the same about my ink. And think of it this way - you can always change your looks. I had the guts to make mine permanent!

>

Couldn't have put it better myself I think having a balance is good and realizing in today's society we have to be ready to be judge if they consider it worth it why not great for them. As in response to myself I know I'm young and if go out and tattoo my body later on in life I might regret it at the time when I want to establish a career and such and people don't take me serious because of such things. I have 4 tattoos already but none really visible unless I'm trying to show it off. I want a few more but I'm undecided because
    in my country tattoos they consider them gang related even if it's just a flower and they may kill you just for that haha! And I want to go visit someday so yeah I rather wait till I'm sure!
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    To clarify or just to add I do have a "tramp stamp" however I had it LONG before it was a trend or the name became to term.... and cause I still love it here is a pic...

Tattoo.jpg
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    lol im not ashamed!!! 8 ear, two nose (one on each side), tongue and hood.

You rock... just sayin!!!! Woot!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    My ex-girlfriend had a tatoo that covered her entire back. I didn't object to it, it was that of a bunch of flowers. I would object to anyone tatooing a name, including mine.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    <
    Is currently ink free. Not against them. Just don't have any. I'd never say never, but probably not.

Michelle
  • yeya29
    yeya29 Posts: 16
    Options
    Too many tattoos on men or women are unattractive, in my opinion. Less is more.