are you about 5'5'' what's your goal? any before/after?

Options

Replies

• crazylil1
    crazylil1 Posts: 20
    Options
    23651_392414309016_649999016_3886650_4964752_n-1.jp

wowmoment-1.jpg

When I began with MFP in December, I weighed almost 160 pounds. I am 46 years old, 5'4" and currently 133. I had set a goal of 139, then 134 and now I, too, am aiming for 125. It may be too lofty but I am just so loving having the extra weight off me. I am small framed and I know its not about that number on the scale, but it does mean something to me. I am focusing on toning and healthy fitness more than anything and I think the results will be nice! Best of luck to all!

You look awesome!
  • crazylil1
    crazylil1 Posts: 20
    Options
    so around christmas time i started putting on the pounds after quiting smoking, i weighed about 129 pounds which for me is a bit because i was 143 when i was 9months prego. All i have done recently is walk a bit more now its nicer, eat small portions of food throughout the day, & healthier.. i stopped weighing my self, and i didnt think i was really losing weight at all, but i weighed my self the other day and i lost 10 pounds!!!!! I didnt notice until i looked at my pics from christmas time, and talked to my mom she said i was losing my muffin top and my double chin ahah... so thats pretty exciting considering i havent put tooo much effort into it at all, if anything i was sorta being lazy..
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You are all way more ambitious than me. I'm 5'5 1/2, my starting weight (30 days ago) was 225; I am now 217. My goal is 170.

I haven't weighed 125 since 8th grade when I wore a size 11. In college, I was 140/145 and wore a 14.

I stay the same size for very large weight ranges. I was a 14 thru most of my 20's but my weight went from 140-180. Once I passed 180, I'm a size 16, and that will take me to 220. Once I hit 220, I'm in either a 16W or 18. That is how I gained weight so easily without knowing - my clothes still fit fine for 10, 20, 30+ pounds of weight gain.

So, my goal of 170 will take me to what I weight 21 years ago. The closest I ever got to that was somewhere in the 180's on Weight Watchers back in the 90's. I'll be more than happy if I reach that. If I am inspired to go further at that time, I will, but for now 170 and a size 14 seems fabulous.
  • taniux88
    taniux88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    hello!! i'm 5'4 and my goal weight is 120
  • TrishDoller
    Options
    I have a larger frame for 5'5-1/2" so when I get down to about 148-ish, I look pretty thin. My avatar is from when I was around that weight and when people see that picture they're like, "You were TINY!" For my frame, that was true. I don't even think I could get down to 125, but if you can... go for it!
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'4" and my goal (and current weight) is 128 pounds. It's right in the middle of the BMI range, and I feel good. Now it's about reducing body fact percentage, not weight.
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 5" and i currently weight 163. I just looked what weight i would need to be for a normal bmi and it said about 145 but if i still have pudge then im going to keep going. I think as long as you are fit and healthy you can do what you want. Just dont get to skinny that you look sick...thats a definite eeww in my book. Good luck and do what makes you happy not anyone else. This is for you! just remember that.
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I spent my very active, very healthy teenage years at 130. I'm actually 5'4.25 and am shooting for 120. I got there once during twirling camp. Having lived in a flat area in a single story house, there wasn't really any hill climbing going on. Camp was in the hill country in Texas. We marched up and down the hill (by marching I'm talking show band w/thighs paralell to the ground) 6 x's per day and did twirling routines all day. I ate 3rds at every single meal and dropped 10 lbs in a week.

I don't get sizes btw, I was a size 12 at 130 lbs and now that is supposed to be obese... grr.

So I'm almost 51, I have 5 kids, the last one is 6 and I started this journey pre-MFP when I got preggers with him. I started out at 236, dropped 10lbs pre pregnancy from walking and then stayed at 226 throughout pregnancy, I think I was at about 216 after I had him and the got all the way down to 209 during the 1st 2 yrs of nursing him (never happened before w/prev pregnancies but I never dropped pop before) then weaning started and I bounced back up to 226. Now I seem to be stuck just above 190 but I'm hitting circuit training hard and have only been lifting for about a month if that.
  • jesshasredhair
    jesshasredhair Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" (and a half) and weigh 163/4 right now. My goal is 140 as I have a lot of muscle mass and probably will be a size 4-6 when I hit that number. It so depends on body type, bone structure, etc.
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5". I currently weigh 119, started MFP at 126. My goal weight is 115. No pics right now.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    bump
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Wow - it's definitely a body frame thing -- I don't think I could go under 130 but I see it's not that uncommon for 5'5"!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5"/5'5" most of my teens and 20's I weighed 125lbs.(size 8). When I was 35 after having my 1st 2 kids I started working out alot and got down to 138lbs (size 5) from 190lbs. I think I looked better then than I had looked at 125lbs. I think it was the muscle tone that made the difference. I set my goal weight at 150lbs, down from 205lbs. but would like to get down to 140.
  • Lo2101
    Lo2101 Posts: 8
    Options
    bump
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    5'4" here =) (when I stretch!)

I'm aiming for 128-134

I'm focusing more on inches vs weight, so I'm aiming for a comfortable size 4/6

I was size 2 3.5 yrs ago, but it was a little thin for my frame/liking.

Right now I am 8/10 (depends on brand) So I'm hoping to tone it back up!
  • marisa67
    marisa67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am a little bit shorter 5'4 and weigh 128 pounds, which for me is still too much as I have a slight built. However, I think it is not so much about what you weigh but how you feel (mentally) at that weight. I am also going more on clothes size than actual weight and although I am not that far off my goal weight (just under 120), I have a whole closet full of stuff that just doesn't fit quite comfortably. Also my goal is to tone up overall, so who knows I might end up weighing more :smile:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well I am 5'5 and my initial weight loss goal was 140 now that I am down to 155 (on a good day) I am lowering my goal to 135-130. I did a happy weight quiz that said my "happy weight" would be 126. That would be me cutting my inital weight in half since I started at 142 so it seems a little extreme for me but we will see when I get closer.

I have process pictures in my profile I can't post them on here from this computer.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    It all depends on YOUR body. I'm working with a trainer and basing it off of a healthy BMI for me. I should be at about 17% right now and my goal at 128 pounds is 14%. I have 112 pounds of essentials (skin, bones, muscle, organs, blood, etc), so 125 is unreasonable of me as that would get me to 11% which would be difficult for me to maintain.
  • Alisi1234
    Alisi1234 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and I have gone down to 128 lbs and my face looked horrible! Everything looked sunken in and my bones were protuding. I'm aiming for 135 and no less than 130 lbs.
  • Alexa1471
    Alexa1471 Posts: 52
    Options
    i am also 5'5". my goal weight is set for 125 BUT everyone carries their weight differently. you can see by peoples pictures here. at my heaviest i weighed 162 and im now at 139lbs. so these are somewhat older .

fatty.jpg
    fatty1.jpg
    buff3-2.jpg
    DR6.jpg

good job (=

I want those abs!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!