• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    @goofyrick24 I am glad I am not near you when you are doing cardio! LOL :D
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My gym discontinued free wifi. :( I loved being able to surf the web for an hour while cycling. Now my ebook expenditures are increasing.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Aerosol hair spray in the ladies locker room. On top of the perfume already sprayed. This done standing in front of the mirrors and the only place to walk just happens to be directly in their line of fire. Some women don't even realize how heavy they are coating this on. Ugh. makes me gag.

I wished the gyms would consider walk-ways when building locker rooms.
  • sabrina_dolce
    sabrina_dolce Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Bad BO coming off the person working out beside me.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Annoying guys who take over all the weights and walk around like they're He-Man...

I'm like Excuse me She-Ra

You're mad that people can lift more than you?

No---read again buddy...I'm talking about selfish She-Ras

So for example, how much weight is TOO much weight? And maybe there's a language barrier here, but I don't know what a she-ra is.

Well--Google it--I don't have to explain anything to you--go internet bully someone else.

If you don't want to tell me what one is, that's fine. It was just a question though.
    OMG I feel old right now. You seriously don't know who She-Ra is? Princess of Power? He-Man's sister?
  • Gene81972
    Gene81972 Posts: 30 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Wearing non prescription sunglasses indoors....you might be a DB 75% of those are accompanied by the bandana head gear. Its kind of hilarious.
  • garcia280z
    garcia280z Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Leaving only one dumbbell on the weight rack.. Or not having the dumbbells in the correct order.
    Bad BO coming off the person working out beside me.
    Guilty
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    headofphat wrote: »
    My biggest pet peeve is actually in the locker room when I'm sitting down, leaning over putting on my shoes and old man with the super low balls wants to walk a mere two inches away from my face. I've literally had to duck and move before to avoid getting old balls across my face.

Hilarious!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Annoying guys who take over all the weights and walk around like they're He-Man...

So for example, how much weight is TOO much weight? And maybe there's a language barrier here, but I don't know what a she-ra is.

Well--Google it--I don't have to explain anything to you--go internet bully someone else.

If you don't want to tell me what one is, that's fine. It was just a question though.
    OMG I feel old right now. You seriously don't know who She-Ra is? Princess of Power? He-Man's sister?

Don't feel old. If it was from a tv show, I just didn't see it. I watch college football. That's about it.

Which brings up a gym pet peeve of mine: oh wait, no it doesn't.
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    benjaminhk wrote: »
    1. When I catch people staring at me. I know they aren't checking me out so that makes it even weirder for me.
    2. When I can't get the machine/bench/equipment I want and nothing that is similar is available either so I wander around looking lost trying to figure out what to do instead.

One of my workout buddies has a habit of staring off into space (must be some deep thinking) when he's between sets. More than once he has had either an annoyed guy or creeped out girl throw him some dirty looks. One woman even berated him for staring. The rest of us find it hilarious. :D
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options

Don't feel old. If it was from a tv show, I just didn't see it. I watch college football. That's about it.

Which brings up a gym pet peeve of mine: oh wait, no it doesn't.

I loved this cartoon when I was younger. Me and my brother once had a sword fight (with kitchen knives) and he ended up needing stitches. We both thought it was awesome, my mom... Not so much.
    2312968_he_man_she_ra.jpg
  • Countryboy_83
    Countryboy_83 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    The yelling when lifting and guys who stare women down like a piece of meat
  • hdatres
    hdatres Posts: 635 Member
    Options

I call them meat heads!!!
    Not out loud, just to my self. Lol
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    hdatres wrote: »

I call them meat heads!!!
    Not out loud, just to my self. Lol

How original
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    people who use dumbbells right in front of the dumbbell rack

take a couple steps back *kitten*
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

are you intentionally using "she" as a pejorative? classy
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    When my neighbor comes to chat with me in the middle of a lift. I built a home gym for a reason, damn it! Too damned hot most days to close the garage door and you'd think blaring Ministry would run anyone off! I need a bigger, meaner dog. (Jk)

Ok, seriously, I have none. The above is as bad as it gets, and I actually like the guy. Let's call it gym nirvana.

Maybe the fact that I need to buy a GHD?
  • canadian_bakin
    canadian_bakin Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why it bugs me but, people that wear jeans to workout.
    Also, people that talk really loudly on their cell phone.
    And, obviously, people that apply a shat ton of perfume.
  • RagTagSampson
    RagTagSampson Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    People who sit on their phones on a machine and just zone out. Then you ask if they are using it and they say, "yeah". So I become a smart *kitten* and say, "ya know its not a wifi hot spot right?"
  • thattelecomguy
    thattelecomguy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    that people who want to WALK on the treadmills when there are other people waiting to RUN on them !