What do you look forward to doing once you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Inspired by the MX-5 reward written about above I am now setting myself some milestone rewards. First one around booking my Direct Access Training (motorcycle training direct to "big bikes" :)). My goal reward can then be buying a bike!
  • Betsyk68
    Betsyk68 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My swimsuit/hot bod days are behind me, I'm afraid, but I do want to try a zipline for the first time this year! Last year, I probably couldn't have gotten on one. :)
  • rmduck81
    rmduck81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    -pulling out all my skinny clothes, they have been in hiding for WAY TOO long
    -being able to paint my own toe nails (the stomach roll makes it very difficult :neutral:)
    -not being camera shy
    -going to the beach and wearing a bathing suit
    -joining in 5k runs again
    -feeling super comfortable in my own skin
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,765 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    rmduck81 wrote: »
    -pulling out all my skinny clothes, they have been in hiding for WAY TOO long
    -being able to paint my own toe nails (the stomach roll makes it very difficult :neutral:)
    -not being camera shy
    -going to the beach and wearing a bathing suit
    -joining in 5k runs again
    -feeling super comfortable in my own skin

@rmduck81 I like your login name :)

As for me:
    Not looking plump and dumpy-faced in pictures (they add 30 pounds to my face!)
    Wearing a bikini when the spare tire is finally gone
    Wearing a strapless bra without a roll of arm fat over it

Long-term:
    Living to a healthy old age with my husband. We married in our mid-forties and I want to see if we can still make it to the big milestone anniversaries.
  • blewbell
    blewbell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    things I've already done:
    getting my health to the point I can exercise regularly
    climb the towers of Notre Dame - :smiley: HUGE
    in a size 10 - from a tight size 12

things to do:
    ditching the 'obese' premium for my health insurance
    getting rid of one of the chins
    not hating the pics my teenage daughter takes of me constantly
    wearing a bathing suit without a skirt - preferably in Jamaica
    getting off bp meds, getting other numbers off the borderline
    buying and wearing a pretty bra without an underwire a mile wide

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I look forward to maintaining my weight loss and continuing to do my work outs and cardio
  • jrbenji
    jrbenji Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Space travel and taking over the world, mostly! In all seriousness though, just being able to wear some cute clothes ..like the cute jeans with the sparkly stuff on the butt...I don't need much. B)
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Wearing a bikini. Also, not feeling the armrests squeeze into my *kitten* when on a plane.
  • dgobbett
    dgobbett Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just a fun thread today for everyone.....

What are some of the things you are really looking forward too once you lose your goal weight?

Here are some of mine:

- Participate in the mud run my friends do each year.
    - Not get winded walking up stairs to bed.
    - Not have to use a CPAP machine when sleeping anymore. No sleep apnea.
    - Wear normal sized clothes - no more only going to stores with big & tall sections.
    - Enjoy going to the gym and getting exercise and not have it be a chore.
    - Feel more than comfortable taking shirt off at pool, hot tub, beach, basketball game, or hiking.
    - Be able to bend over and tie my shoes without belly in way. Not tying them cross legged/sideways.

Shopping in a non fat man store (big and tall)
    Getting my motorcycle licence. This is my gift to myself
    Hopefully no more CPAP but I am not sure if its 100% weight related
    Travelling, flying and not feeling like I am inconveniencing someone next to me
    Doing a tough mudder
  • fenharels
    fenharels Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm pretty confident as is, but I'm specifically looking forward to have more confidence in terms of meeting men and such. I know losing weight doesn't mean you'll miraculously find a partner, but I would love to flirt a little with people I meet without wondering if they're taking the piss.

Also, getting a breast reduction. I've always had big breasts regardless of my weight, but health insurance won't pay unless you're "normal weight".
  • Hjaye7512
    Hjaye7512 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Fitting into all the clothes already in my closet!
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    When I transitioned into maintenance I bought my first ever two piece swimsuit as my reward for hitting my goal. Of course I was so self conscious that I ended up wearing a coverup the whole time :p
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    It sounds dumb now that I've written it down, but there's a group trip that my husband's friends go on every year to the beach. We haven't been able to make it in the last 4 years but we finally get to make it this year.
    My husband's ex wife will be there.
    She really hurt my husband. They were together for 13 years and she constantly cheated on him but he forgave her every time until she finally left him for a guy she was banging.
    I can't wait to be in a bikini and show everyone in this group how much my husband has upgraded.

That doesn't sound dumb at all! I love it!
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    - zip-lining
    - actually being able to horseback ride when we go to the Bahamas in Sept this time
    - white water rafting
    - hiking to see waterfalls without feeling as if I am dying
    - feel comfortable in a swimsuit
    - go back to the water park
    - where sleeveless dresses without feeling self conscious
    - take decent pictures that I don't feel like a whale in
  • carr3107
    carr3107 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    fenharels wrote: »

Also, getting a breast reduction. I've always had big breasts regardless of my weight, but health insurance won't pay unless you're "normal weight".

That is not necessarily true - insurance companies vary wildly on their criteria. Most companies automatically deny the first request to force you to do the work to appeal. If you think you would benefit, get a consultation with a surgeon.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    This is a fun thread, and I'm surprised I've never really thought about it before. But here goes 1) not being self-conscious about my jiggly butt when running 2) finishing the 5k and half marathons I signed up for in a reasonable time and 3) developing habits I can sustain.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Going to the water park and not worrying about how I look.
  • healthy4ever10
    healthy4ever10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like everyone's list. I would love to participate in Spartan and mud runner races. I am always to embarrassed to try!