5'3'' Success Stories

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    4'11" here and currently weigh 129/130 (fluctuates). I started at 150 so I've lost 20 lbs so far. My goal weight is 120 but I will likely set it lower if I ever make it to 120. :)
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    There is a thread on here somewhere that has a bunch of photos and success stories of shorter women, maybe 5'5" and shorter or 5'3" and shorter? I can't seem to find it at the moment :(
  • stefanienin
    stefanienin Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 5' 1/2" (that half an inch is important!). Currently 165, would love to be 125. Some days I get discouraged - I am working out 5-6 days per week in one hour sessions, and eating much better than I used to. But it is such a slow journey! And I don't know if you ladies feel it, but every pound shows on shorter frames.
  • mdrichardsons
    mdrichardsons Posts: 83 Member
    5'3 here 30 years old. sw 183 current weight 135.4 goal 123. 47 lbs lost. At first I had 133 just because that was 50 lbs loss and just into the normal range but now that I'm here and I'm still going strong I see I still have quite a bit of fat on my stomach so I'm going for 10 more down.
  • mary_161
    mary_161 Posts: 5 Member
    5'3" here! I was 169 after my first son then lost 40lbs in 5 months and became pregnant soon after lol
    After having my 2nd son I was 148lbs and lost 21lbs in like 4 months. My goal was 125lbs but I had already lost my booty at 127lbs so I stopped losing weight and I'm back to 130lbs ;)
  • kellyj0729
    kellyj0729 Posts: 44 Member
    I'm 5'2" and agree every pound shows on shorties! I started at 142 lbs and currently at 130 lbs, goal weight of 120 lbs. 2 years ago I successfully lost and got to 112 lbs but felt too thin, I had only done cardio and was "skinny fat." This time I worked with a trainer and am doing a combination of weights 3x week and cardio 3x week and of course tracking calories. I already feel like I look so much better at 130 lbs than last time, definitely more toned. And I have lost inches. Good luck to you! It can be done :) Some days are frustrating but just keep at it.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    I'm interested in this thread too! I'm also 5'3". I've lost over 60 lbs already. Started at 240 and currently at 177.6. First goal is 140 (high side of normal BMI); but I think my ultimate goal will be more around 122.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Look at all us 'fun sized' women! I'm interested as well. Life is different when you shop in the petite section but you're overweight.
  • breezee65
    breezee65 Posts: 25 Member
    In am 5'2 and 167 lbs. Struggling right now to get started. Life is busy and staying consistent is tough especially when I am social with job and friends and it seems that the calories when eating out far exceed 1200. Does anyone have suggestions for staying on track when you are in my situation? Sometimes I feel like I need to stop living so I can stay home and track meals to lose weight. I am totally frustrated!
  • breezee65
    breezee65 Posts: 25 Member
    :/
  • bigblueeyes1
    bigblueeyes1 Posts: 52 Member
    5'2 - highest was 221. I finally got serious 3 weeks ago and am down 3 lbs. I am happy with that and honestly do not want to lose much more than that each week. I'm hoping slow and steady will keep me from having too much loose skin and help with keeping the weight off in the long run! My Ultimate Goal Weight is 130. I have a long way to go :(
  • GloriaE2016
    GloriaE2016 Posts: 64 Member
    I'm 5' 1" and currently 160. I just started again so haven't lost anything yet. I was down to 148 at one point but for whatever reason I slacked off and now I'm just as heavy as I was when I was pg with my first son! :(
  • mdrichardsons
    mdrichardsons Posts: 83 Member
    breezee65 wrote: »
    In am 5'2 and 167 lbs. Struggling right now to get started. Life is busy and staying consistent is tough especially when I am social with job and friends and it seems that the calories when eating out far exceed 1200. Does anyone have suggestions for staying on track when you are in my situation? Sometimes I feel like I need to stop living so I can stay home and track meals to lose weight. I am totally frustrated!

I actually still eat out quite a bit. I just plan my meals super small for breakfast or any meals at home. If I make sure they have protein and or fiber then I usually stay full until lunch or whatever. Also I find it helps if I pre log what I expect to eat so I can see it and decide how to make it fit. You can also lower the calories when you eat out by asking to leave off the cheese or whatever depending on what you get.
  • pico79
    pico79 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm 5'3 and 171 lbs. Started at 175 lbs. Goal weight is 130 lbs.
  • Naomipal
    Naomipal Posts: 25 Member
    I'm 41 years old, 5'1"
    Started at 159 and got down to 118,,, time when by and went back to old habits. I got up to 148 and am starting again, currently 145 and would like to get to 125, where I feel most comfortable. (No need to get to 118 again)
    Did this on my own, exercise and MFP.
    Log your food, weight/portion your food and drink water!! Best wishes to all!!
  • lizzy_satellite
    lizzy_satellite Posts: 112 Member
    I'm 44, 5'3" and got down from 172 to 135 between June and December last year. At this weight I'm a UK size 8-10. Been maintaining 135-136 for a while, now looking to take just a few more lbs of fat off verrrry slowly (fine-tuning now, no hurry)
  • mels47
    mels47 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi I am 5' 3 and 153 lbs. Keep losing and putting the same 9 lbs back on. Started at 156 and aiming for 136. Breezee65 - I've always struggled on 1200. Have looked at TDEE and BMR on the fat2fitradio website that MFP links to - so have put my cals up to 1500 from today. Then won't count "normal" exercise as additional. Also if at 1500 you can more easily review your cals over the week - i.e. if you have a heavy day then compensate by eating less the next day - as long as the average is maintained. Not very doable on 1200. Hope that helps! We'll see if it works.....
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    5'2ish, have about 65lbs to lose, would put me at around 130... which would be the lowest, I was at 138 before, when I did weight watchers. Looking forward to getting back down to that weight again, and gaining confidence! Feel free to add me! :)
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    I'm shorter then most here. :'( I'm 5'1. I started around 235-240 lbs. Now I am 137. It took me around 2 years. 6 months of that was a bad plateau. Now that I think about it, I was eating out a lot & not working out as hard as I could've. OP my advice to you is to find what works for you. I did NOT want to go to the gym so I didn't. I found really great online trainers. Youtube has been my best friend when it comes to working out at home. Also, meal prepping is the best way to stay on track with your food intake. There are many free meal plans online, so google some of them. Best of luck to you!

@breezee65 Would it be possible at all for you to stop eating out? If not, many restaurants have a "under 500 calorie menu." Maybe you could try ordering off of it when you go out. Different things work for different people but I stopped eating out. I meal prepped & took my food with me where ever I went. It might be overwhelming for some but it helped me stay on track.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    breezee65 wrote: »

@breezee65 If you know where you are going plan your meal ahead of time. Most restaurants have their menus and nutrition facts online so you know what you are getting into ahead of time. If you are unsure of the calories then order a meal and ask for a box right off the bat. Put half of the meal in there and don't touch it. Avoiding fried foods, high fatty foods, etc will also help. Go for water instead of soda or high cal drinks. Some salads can be just as high cal as burgers and other meals so keep an eye on exactly what you're getting. Eating out is a lot more difficult but it is do able!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!