Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Zumba
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Add one more person to the list of those that hates burpees. If I have to do them I do the modified version. Burpees along with mountain climbers KILL my knees and I don't consider my knees to be bad since I can do other high impact exercises.
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I agree with spinning...I would rather bike in the mountains for an hour, haha
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Oh man... I hate endurance running. Long-distance at a slow pace? No thanks. I'd rather sprint my butt off in intervals. That whole "is this over yet?" comment is absolutely correct.

As a distance runner, I can't do hard intervals UNLESS I've got a base of long, slow miles. Otherwise, I risk getting injured (I've BTDT)! A track day usually ends up being 6-8 miles for me with proper warm-up and cool-down. ;)

Yeah I don't "hate" intervals, but I love long, slow days. Pushing myself to go fast while running is challenging to me. I could do slow and easy forever.

And totally get the frustration with weight lifting. Actually the part I hate is setting up the bar properly, then waiting to recover between intervals, etc. I just want it to be over with. Feels like so much set-up/recovery for very little actually doing something time. But I know it's good for me so I keep trying to make it a habit. One of these days.

I definitely understand the injury prevention! I do have to warm up really well first with jogging, high knees, dynamic stretches and whatnot.

I think the reason I love weight lifting so much is because it doubles as social time. Resting between sets means in-depth discussions, joking/laughing, or blowing off steam about whatever happened that day. We also tend to push each other, so I leave feeling that amazing exercise high.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I hate heavy weight lifting. Does it work? Yes. Is it good for me? Yes. Will I continue to do it? Yes.

I realized the other day that I hate it because it reminds me of moving - you know, lifting heavy boxes, furniture, etc and putting them down? And I hate moving. It's just so repetitive and completely bores me. I'd way rather be out running by the water or out in nature. :)

I HATE moving- and that may be why lifting isn't my favorite- but I don't really hate it.

I am with the spinning haters on this one- and running on a treadmill. I hate when I have to do that. But a (sometimes) necessary evil (weather/etc) so I just suck it up lol.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I hate barre class, and running on the treadmill.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Any gym class that's done as a coordinated group - especially with over-enthusiastic instructors. Makes me feel like I accidentally ended up on a cheer squad.

Also, the first time doing a new exercise sans instruction where I'm fumbling around trying to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. Annoys me because I don't get any physical benefit out of it. I don't even count it as a workout. And I feel like a goof ball.

Static stretching & yoga. So boring (don't meant easy). Doesn't feel like I'm doing anything except contorting to no good purpose. Much rather foam roll or do dynamic stretching.
    The bold above is simply a euphemism for "deliberately pulled/torn muscle" IMHO.
  • Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    lunges!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I actually don't hate any of them. I hate missing a workout. I'm not a fan of back day but not because I don't like it but because I don't really feel the burn the next couple of days. Feels like I didn't do good enough but I'm seeing gains so it must be going ok.
  • aleking618
    aleking618 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ergo rowing. Its just pure torture. If i had to chose to row hard for 30 mins or run a marathon id chose the marathon. Anyone who doesnt think rowing is the hardest workout has never done it before
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I loathe running, but I make myself do a 5K like once per month or something just to make sure I can still do one. I don't like step-ups and particularly I don't like step-ups into reverse lunge...

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I also kinda hate lunges, but that's because I totally suck at them right now.
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Another vote for burpees, also dislike intensely the plank and any plank based exercise.

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Lunges, burpees,
  • retro_belle24
    retro_belle24 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I hate running with passion! I get all itchy and everything hurts. I'll do anything but run/jog