P90X

Options

Replies

• danahub
    danahub Posts: 10
    Options
    im trying to find out what this p90 is
    i need a response cuz it sounds like it really works, Im getting excited about doing it
  • gfr3228
    gfr3228 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i need a response cuz it sounds like it really works, Im getting excited about doing it

Go to www.beachbody.com and you'll find the best workout you've ever experienced. It's kinda expensive, but it's a set of 12 dvd workouts plus an introductory dvd with 2 bonus workouts. It's basically 6 days a week for 90 days, look at the transformations and you'll see just how good it is. I'm only in day 4 but started preparing about 2 weeks earlier. I've lost 5 lbs, but I've also loss an inch in my waist and gained nearly an inch in my biceps. I'm sure the gains are going to slow since I hadn't lifted weights in some time, but it's definitely worth the money and effort. You can also go to the discussion boards for free and see just how much others truly love to "just push play!"
  • gfr3228
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms is one of my favorites... the glamour muscles!! Love the static arm curls, crouching cohen, alternating shoulder presses, etc. Great workout! You can do it, at least make it through the first 50 min of Yoga (vinyasas).
    [/quote]

No way would I go 50 minutes and not finish the last 40! The first 50 minutes are the WORST pain I've felt during a workout in a long time (the good kind of pain) At work we use weights and I'm a runner, so the "normal" workouts are much easier that yoga. I've never really had a very strong core but that's going to change!

I am absolutely pumped!
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    Im only on day 3, but I am feeling great already! No weight lost yet but I will check at the end of the week. I know it is a slow process. Good Luck and keep me posted I would love to know how you are doing! :bigsmile:
  • jokerrn
    jokerrn Posts: 51
    Options
    Legs and back done. What a killer. Those wall squats are deadly. So far, 11 days without missing a workout. Feeling great.

Diet is a struggle on a daily basis...not following the plan to the letter, but have cut calories down to about 2000-2400 and fat intake down to almost none. No fast food and no junk. Man, do I want some junk.

Keep it up, everybody!
  • cjbranson
    cjbranson Posts: 121
    Options

My husband and I are on day 13 and we love it. P90X to us is the absolute total package. We haven't missed a workout and don't plan to and we're also following the nutrition program. I struggled last night though because DH took me out to a movie and I was dying for some popcorn and M&Ms!!! I didn't cheat though!

Anyway, we both blog about our workouts everyday so if you want to check us out, please do. Feel free to comment or ask questions!

christinabranson.blogspot.com
    branson90x.blogspot.com
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    No way would I go 50 minutes and not finish the last 40! The first 50 minutes are the WORST pain I've felt during a workout in a long time (the good kind of pain) At work we use weights and I'm a runner, so the "normal" workouts are much easier that yoga. I've never really had a very strong core but that's going to change!

I am absolutely pumped!

:laugh: That's awesome! Your abs will be sore from yoga, mine always are (especially the obliques!).

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options

I sent you a message! P90 and P90X are different programs. P90 is a less intense version of P90X which includes pullups, plyometrics, and longer workouts.

let me know if you have any questions!

Jess
  • mcdonal2
    Options
    Wow, just found you guys and am excited to see others who love this as much as I do! I am on day 14 and am thrilled that I can keep up better already. I did P90 first, took a few days off and started the X.

Question: although I'm eating well within my limits (maybe not enough) I've gained two pounds. My body is already firming up and clothes are getting loser. is it possible I gained muscle? I thought a pound of fat = a pound of muscle, just looked different.

Tonight is Kenpo- my favorite!
  • jbnt
    jbnt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in finishing week 2 of phase 1, lost 7 lbs so far,,only want to lose about 14 so halfway there..I just wanted to shake up my usual excercise as I found myself gaining weight..the pylo is a killer as is the yoga for me due to my lack of flexibility..cant wait until my victory stogie and scotch at the end...
  • Go_Duke
    Go_Duke Posts: 66
    Options
    hey hey I just finished week 3

man P90X is awesome, I am doing the Lean workout routine

anyone else doing that?

I luv it

:drinker: :drinker:
  • mcdonal2
    Options
    I'm doing lean also. I wanted to lose 10 pds. before beefying up. I've gained two though. Don't quiet get it!
  • jokerrn
    jokerrn Posts: 51
    Options
    Okay, here's my advice...don't travel.

Let's take stock of the last few days. I left town on Thurs, but managed to get in Legs and Back before I left (switched days since I needed the equipment for this workout). I stayed the night at my inlaws' house on Thurs night and it took me all of about 10 minutes to break my diet...must be something about getting out of my routine...I traveled to GA on Fri and got no workout in, while still cheating on my diet with Taco Bell at the airport, beer at the hotel, french fries for dinner.

My sister got married Sat, but I managed to get in half of the Yoga X workout...sweated a ton, but had to quit as I was late for pictures. Drank way too much beer, ate way too much cake, and generally gave no thought to my diet at all on Saturday night.:drinker: :sick: :embarassed: :sad:

Felt guilty all day today traveling back to TX, but still ate fairly bad on the way back. Got home to a package on the porch with my Recovery Drink Mix in it...did Kenpo X and AbR X tonight after putting my son to bed and had my first recovery drink. Whew.

All in all, I ate like a pig, but only missed 45 min of Yoga this week. I am back on the wagon this week and don't have any travel plans for the forseeable future. Sounds like everyone else picked up my slack.
  • cjbranson
    Options
    I think my mouth was watering just reading everything you ate!! I'm actually jealous!! Sounds like you're gonna get back on the horse and everything will be fine.

I'm really frustrated today because I stepped on the scale this morning and gained 2 lbs!!! I'm following fat shredder completely, haven't cheated once, not even a cup of coffee has touched my lips in weeks. I just feel like giving up and ordering a large pizza for lunch today. Ugh!

christinabranson.blogspot.com
  • gfr3228
    Options
    Hey Joker, glad you had a good trip. It's tough when you get away from home and everyone else around you is doing one thing, and you know you shouldn't. Just strike it up to lesson learned and jump back on the wagon with both feet. I went to a baby shower yesterday and had a couple of meatballs myself, had forgotten how good real hamburger was. Still stayed within easily within my calories but sure wanted some cake/punch/etc... and actually felt guilty afterward.

Went home and did back and shoulders cause I'm on duty today, it'll be alot easier to get abs and stretching in today than having to worry about weights. Sure ready for a day of rest. I had started feeling a little lazy and little sore, so rest is coming right on time.

Best of luck with getting back in the groove.
  • gfr3228
    Options
    Christina know the feeling. They just had a good discussion on beachbody (I'm in the East Coast thread) about adding and loosing weight intermittently without any obvious reason. So many variables affect what we see on the scales. I actually weighed yesterday and while I've lost about 5 lbs the last 2 weeks, I'm not seeing much of a change in clothes or in the mirror. Of course today is only day 8 of p90x. Looking to make myself feel better, I measured my abdomen and had lost 1.5 inches in that time! I was psyched.

Sometimes it's not as obvious to us that we are truly making a positive change in our lives as we'd like for it to be, but it will pay off. Just keep eating clean and pushing yourself, the change will happen. Best of luck on your progress.
  • cjbranson
    Options
    Christina know the feeling. They just had a good discussion on beachbody (I'm in the East Coast thread) about adding and loosing weight intermittently without any obvious reason. So many variables affect what we see on the scales. I actually weighed yesterday and while I've lost about 5 lbs the last 2 weeks, I'm not seeing much of a change in clothes or in the mirror. Of course today is only day 8 of p90x. Looking to make myself feel better, I measured my abdomen and had lost 1.5 inches in that time! I was psyched.

Sometimes it's not as obvious to us that we are truly making a positive change in our lives as we'd like for it to be, but it will pay off. Just keep eating clean and pushing yourself, the change will happen. Best of luck on your progress.

Thank you so much for the support :smile: and I did not order a pizza for lunch! Ha! I had a nice healthy salad with my husband. I know I'm wanting results too fast but that's probably just human nature. I'm in it for the long haul and I've never been a quitter and I'm not gonna start now. Congrats on your inches lost. That is a great motivator I'm sure. I'm sure my changes are coming soon!
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I used to make myself crazy with the scale, so part of my committment to P90 was to only weigh in and take measurements once a month. I lost 2 lbs month 1, and will weigh in on the 27th for month 2. I will let you know how it goes, but can say I feel so good and strong I am not concerned about the scale.

I used to be a cardio junkie so I wanted to try this program and do it the right way, if that makes sense.
  • delmarva1
    Options
    I started p90x on Jan 1, 2009. almost finished with week 3. Its great so far.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I have to admit I used to make myself crazy with the scale, so part of my committment to P90 was to only weigh in and take measurements once a month. I lost 2 lbs month 1, and will weigh in on the 27th for month 2. I will let you know how it goes, but can say I feel so good and strong I am not concerned about the scale.

I used to be a cardio junkie so I wanted to try this program and do it the right way, if that makes sense.

Good for you! Coming from a former cardio junkie myself!! :wink: Now I LOVE weight training! :bigsmile: