10 Lbs (or more) in 13 Weeks!

Options
Hi, all! I am about ten pounds over my goal weight and I am planning to work hard this summer to get it off! I am planning to run my first 5K in September (Race for the Cure - in honor of my mom) so I have recently started C25K.

I am looking for people (up to about 20) to join me for the next thirteen weeks (until the official start of fall) for weekly weigh-ins and support. I will figure out how to make a spread sheet on Google docs for any participants to view. We can start this Friday 6/24. I just need your starting weight (as of this Friday) and goal weight... and we'll get this thing going!

Let's do this!
Mandy

Replies

• wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I would like to try!
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    I'd like to participate. I weigh in on Wednesdays so I'll use today for my starting weight and just post on fridays - if thats alright with the group :)

Dave
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    why not join us for the "BOB Challenge"? everything you need is already in place and pure AWESOME!

BATTLE OF THE BULGE Summer Slimdown Challenge!!!

"friend" me and go to my friend's page here: prplangl4

our "team" web page is: www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge

it's uplifting, great camaraderie and FUN to boot :wink: so JOIN US! ENJOY!!!

~Debbea:flowerforyou:
  • oak0427
    oak0427 Posts: 1
    Options
    Please count me in

Olivia

Height: 5' 3''
    Current Weight: 137
    Goal Weight: 125
    Try to lose1~2lb per week
  • henney16
    Options
    Little about me if you guys don't mind reading.

29 year old male married to my high school sweetheart. We have one beatiful 2 year old daughter and another baby on the way in December. Ben referred to as "Big Dave" pretty much all throughout high school and my adult life. I've always been a large guy, but really wouldn't call myself fat during high school. I got to be big fat dave after I stopped playing sports and kept eating like garbage. Anywho - I've been at this since May 1st of this year and I'm down 33 lbs hoping to drop roughly 100 lbs to reach my goal.

Height 6'0
    Current Weight: 275.8lbs

Would like to reach 250 by the end of the purposed 13 weeks (or about 2lbs per week)
    I like the idea of a smaller group like your suggested so there is enough of us here to encourage each other and get to know each other a little bit instead of just posting our weights to a message board for someone to add to the sheet. Hope the others here are looking for something similar.
  • DoctorWhoFan
    Options
    Hi there,

I'd like to join! This will be my first challenge on MFP :)

CW: 165 (24th June 2011)
    GW: 152 (23rd September 2011)

I'd like to lose 14lbs in 13 weeks. It is going to be a struggle as I will be travelling a lot this summer and eating catered food sometimes but I can still sure as hell try. I weigh in on Mondays but I'll wait until Friday to post.

Good luck everyone!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'd like to try!
    Goal weight 140. I'll get you my start weight Friday :)
  • Mandalicious
    Mandalicious Posts: 126
    Options
    Alright, you guys! There are enough of us to get this thing started tomorrow!

@ Dave - Just a few weeks ago was the first time in my LIFE that I haven't been overweight (even though I am borderline right now). Thanks to MFP, counting calories, exercising, and determining that I WANT this! It's not easy, but so worth it!
    @ Olivia - Looks like we are in a similar boat. I am 5'2" and about the same weight.
    @ wjewell & hadkins13 - Do give it a try! A real go! And help keep us going, too!
    @ DoctorWhoFan - I just finished my first challenge on MFP and it definitely helped me with accountability. Loved it.

I, too, am looking for a smaller group instead of a huge spreadsheet, Dave. I don't want to let myself down and definitely don't want to let anyone else in the group down either.

So... tomorrow just get your starting weight and goal weight (for the thirteen weeks) to me and I'll put things together this weekend. Good luck all!
  • forgetregret
    forgetregret Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in!

Height: 5' 2''
    Current Weight: 145
  • henney16
    Options
    Dave's Info

SW: 275.8 lbs

GW for Challenge: 250 ( had a personal goal of 250 by October 1st, but would be nice to complete it with this challenge!)

This works out to about 2lbs per week which is a tad high, but I've been averaging about 4 per week since I started MFP in May. I know it will slow down so I am planning for that.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    So my SW is 151 and my goal weight is 140 :) yey!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I did day one on couch to 5K this week. and I also have similar goals as you. 10 lbs to go! I would love to join you. I havnt signed up for any 5Ks yet but i want to for September if possible. :)
  • amazedturtle
    Options
    I'd like to join! : )

Height: 5'4"
    SW: 156
    CW: 153
    GW: 135
  • hikingvee
    hikingvee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! SW @ 145...goal by Sept. 135.
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. What's the plan?

Sean
  • henney16
    Options
    I'd like to join. What's the plan?

Sean

Sean -

Don't think we have a formal plan, but my plan is to literally work my butt off (actually more of my gut off) over the next 13 weeks. I believe we are doing weigh ins on Fridays (i weigh in on Wednesdays so I'll just continue to do that and post on fridays). I think those of us here are either new to the MFP group atmosphere or were looking for something a little smaller for more interaction. I wish all of you luck!

Today was my rest day from exercise and I felt weird not doing anything, but my calves and back are on fire from yesterdays workout - so it is for the better. Tomorrow I hope to get in a 8 mile or so bike ride before I have to go into work!

-Dave
  • RubyHearts
    RubyHearts Posts: 67
    Options
    I'd like to give this a shot!

SW- 163
    GW- 153
  • Mandalicious
    Mandalicious Posts: 126
    Options
    Hi, y’all! Here’s our starting info. (My hubby is going to help me put a spreadsheet up on our website this week!)
    SW GW
    Henney16 275.8 250
    Oak0427 137 125
    DoctorWhoFan 165 152
    Hadkins13 151 140
    Forgetregret 145 ?
    Amazedturtle 153 135?
    ChantalGG 145.5 135
    Runningvee 145 135
    RubyHearts 163 153
    Seanb_us ? ?
    Wjewell ? ?
    Mandalicious 137 125

I personally blew it this weekend with consuming too many calories during celebrations of my husband’s birthday. I did, however, stay on track and started my third week of C25K. Woot! Excited for the fresh start that Monday brings! And can’t wait to see some progress that we can all make this week!
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Well I was 219 this morning.
    My goal is 199.

I can weigh in on Fridays if you like. Lemme know about the Website. Looking forward to this!

Cheers,

Sean
  • henney16
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well so far! I went out for a nice 12 mile bike ride this morning, and it felt great!

Dave