1200 calorie diet using Herbalife need buddies!

Options
Add me I don'tknow how to add friends or request then! Someone help!

Replies

• Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    If you go to a users profile you will see an "add friend" button.
  • AmeliaTyson2016
    AmeliaTyson2016 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Why are you doing that to yourself? :s You have found myfitnesspal, use the tools available. Pick weight loss goal according to this:
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15-25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
    Eat food you like and log it. You will lose weight if you do this correctly and consistently.

What's wrong with supplementing my protien with herbalife shakes? I'm still eating 3 meals a day or more. I'm confused. I've lost about 2 lbs or less per week. This past week I gained lean muscle and lost a few percentage points of fat.
  • AmeliaTyson2016
    Options
    Herbal weight loss supplements have been shown to aggravate the liver. Best to keep away. If you feel like you need medication talk to your Dr. and discuss something safer

I really had never heard that they do anything to the liver. It's just protein powder that I add to almond milk and usually add fruit.

I've seen great results so far.
  • Pocket__Cthulhu
    Pocket__Cthulhu Posts: 134 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Either you have an iron-will, an unrealistic expectation of what you should be eating for the rest of your life, or are treating this as a temporary fix. 1200 calories is misery incarnate in the long run, and you can still lose weight without eating nothing but broth and cottage cheese. I eat 1600 and have been steadily dropping for a while now, and I'm a "average" sized woman.

I've never tried the herbalife shakes, I'm sure they're like any other shake though. There's probably nothing wrong with them at all. I use shakes in lieu of snacks almost daily. Kommodevaran wasn't trying to talk you out of the shakes. They're trying to talk you out of eating so little, like me.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/931670/bmr-and-tdee-explained-for-those-needing-a-guide/p1

^This was a very useful post. I suggest you read it, because you can and probably should eat more than 1200 for sustainable weight loss. Don't get scared by the math involved. It has helped me strike a balance between eating for fuel and getting frustrated with my low calorie diet, saying "screw it" and using doritos to shovel mac and cheese into my mouth rather than a fork.

I was on 1300 calories because I was in a hurry and doing heavy exercise, and it was burning me out after a few months. That isn't worth it in a world with oreos. (Edited for the oreo comment. IT NEEDED to be said.)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Why are you doing that to yourself? :s You have found myfitnesspal, use the tools available. Pick weight loss goal according to this:
    Eat food you like and log it. You will lose weight if you do this correctly and consistently.

What's wrong with supplementing my protien with herbalife shakes? I'm still eating 3 meals a day or more. I'm confused. I've lost about 2 lbs or less per week. This past week I gained lean muscle and lost a few percentage points of fat.

There's nothing wrong with using a protein supplement in addition to food if it helps you stay in a calorie deficit. Personally, I think it's over priced, and I'm not a fan of multilevel marketing schemes in general.

That said, it's also not needed, so perhaps read up on tdee in some of the links provided. I've had fat more success once I understood why I lose weight (and I could chit out doing things that don't help).

Congrats on your progress so far, but keep in mind that scales that tell you body fat are highly inaccurate. You food not gain muscle in a week. I'm telling you this so you don't get discouraged in the future if it tells you that you lost muscle. It's due to water fluctuations.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Other than it's expensive, unnecessary and doesn't teach you how to eat properly to sustain your weight loss forever, nothing.

With that said, I do use a protein drink for lunch but I make my own with inexpensive powder and fruit and I use it during a time of day when it can fill me up and keep me satisfied until evenings when I am the most hungry and like to eat most of my calories. This is sustainable for me and I've been doing this for over a year now. I think there are far better and cheaper ways to achieve what you are doing than an expensive MLM product, but if you have the money and it can be sustainable for you for a long time, go for it.

Oh, and to your gaining lean muscle comment-- if you're eating at a deficit and losing weight, you're probably not gaining muscle. Protein doesn't make you gain muscle in a caloric deficit, it only helps you preserve what you already have.

ETA: Lean muscle comets could be cool, if they were a thing but they're not. Silly typos.
  • Chrizmom
    Chrizmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal per MFP is 1200 calories. I eat plenty. Yesterday I had cereal with almond milk, salad with ceasar dressing, croutons and cheese, an apple, peanuts, spaghetti and meatballs, stuffed mushrooms, garlic bread and a girl scout cookie. All of this was under 1200 calories, I even count my vitamins and flavored coffee creamer into my calorie total. I never felt hungry or deprived of anything. I did thirty minutes of cardio so I "earned" additional calories so I had some trail mix. I don't always eat this many carbs, but I have lost 56 pounds so far slowly but surely. My advice would be to keep trying things until you find what works for you, but it should be something you can adhere to for the rest of your life.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

How do you know you gained muscle and lost fat last week.

It's pretty contradictory to be eating as little as 1200 calories, losing 2ish lbs per week and still be able to gain any mass.

Herbalife isn't protein powder, it's a MRP. If you want to just supplement your protein you can get a much better protein supplement for a fraction of the cost.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options

How do you know you gained lean muscle and lost fat? Are you paying astronomical prices for weekly DEXA scans? Because this sounds extremely unlikely.
  • AmeliaTyson2016
    Options
    I get the scans free weekly as part of the week loss challenge I am doing actually
  • AmeliaTyson2016
    Options
    Wow i really thought the community here would be more positive, i feel nothing encouraging or positive. Everyone is nit- picking what i do.

How about this, if you aren't on board then keep negative comments to yourself. I will find buddies in real life lol.

Thanks.
  • AmeliaTyson2016
    Options
    No desire to argue about products that are helping me or my calorie choice. Might as well connect with people who you agree with and who are using similar approaches. #DramaFreeZone
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    No desire to argue about products that are helping me or my calorie choice. Might as well connect with people who you agree with and who are using similar approaches. #DramaFreeZone
    There was a lady in this forum yesterday who was also angry at the coments she got, like you. She was looking for friends to drink pregnant women piss with.
    Apparently the hormone inside it was helping her weight loss too.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Herbalife has been implicated in causing liver damage before.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3004035/

I don't think this is a company you can trust with your health, let alone your money.
  • AmeliaTyson2016
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    There was a lady in this forum yesterday who was also angry at the coments she got, like you. She was looking for friends to drink pregnant women piss with.
    Apparently the hormone inside it was helping her weight loss too.

Really? Was that comment necessary?
  • AmeliaTyson2016
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Add me I don'tknow how to add friends or request then! Someone help!
    Maybe the Herbalife affected your vision? :o

Wow okay thanks for that. Insulting someone you don't know. Nice.