Lose weight with shakes,exercise, and supplements?! Lets do it!

Options

Replies

• swtnan21
    swtnan21 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    swtnan21 wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Lose weight with a calorie deficit. Exercise for fitness and cardiovascular health. No shakes or supplements necessary.

Some people needs it for extra boost. Like myself :smile: and theres2nothing wrong with that.

They actually don't boost anything. That's just a marketing ploy. Just like how cleanses and detoxes don't actually cleanse or detox anything.

That's because you havent found the right products that works for you. Something that works for one person may not work for another. But im totally fine with your opinion:)

Which do you sell that works?

I don't sell, but i am currently using. I use yor health shakes :)
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficits work for everyone. How one chooses to get into a deficit doesn't really matter and is up to personal preference. Shakes and exercise might work for you. Burgers and a couch might work for me.
  • swtnan21
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Lose weight with a calorie deficit. Exercise for fitness and cardiovascular health. No shakes or supplements necessary.

Some people needs it for extra boost. Like myself :smile: and theres2nothing wrong with that.

They actually don't boost anything. That's just a marketing ploy. Just like how cleanses and detoxes don't actually cleanse or detox anything.

That's because you havent found the right products that works for you. Something that works for one person may not work for another. But im totally fine with your opinion:)

It's not actually an opinion, it's science. But ok. I was just trying to let you know you didn't have to waste your money on stuff that doesn't actually do anything other than lighten your wallet.

Unless you're trying to sell shakes and supplements???

I am using it. And it has helped. Thank you though for trying to help :)

Your first post was I hope this combo works! .....to now, it has helped. What changed in less than 2 hours time?

Bc i am trying to lose 10 pounds. So far it has helped. .. but of course i hope it helps me lose more. I dont want to drop just 2 or 3.. when i wrote that i am putting my goal down..
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

I lost 55 pounds without shakes. Which do you think would have worked better for me?

I wouldn't know because im not you. Only you will know what works for u :smile:

Wow. How will I know which one works once I've found it? And why do you believe my 55 pounds lost and reaching my goals and transition into maintenance is not working?

Wow.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    You mean exercise is still required if you use shakes and supplements? Is a healthy diet also required?

No matter what you use, you need to do a little exercise... shakes and supplements helps boost you to reach your goals faster :smile: just like how those whey protien shakes and muscle milk stuff.. they help boost. You wont get that muscle from just drinking it.

Not true. I bulked up just fine on all the muscle building stuff without exercise.

-cartman-south-park-33243288-631-473.jpg
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    If you have the shakes, you may want to see a doctor.

But shaking it IS exercise, that's for sure. Shake it on the dance floor!
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You mean exercise is still required if you use shakes and supplements? Is a healthy diet also required?

No matter what you use, you need to do a little exercise... shakes and supplements helps boost you to reach your goals faster :smile: just like how those whey protien shakes and muscle milk stuff.. they help boost. You wont get that muscle from just drinking it.

What does it help boost? What do you mean by "helps boost you to reach your goals"
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

They don't "boost" anything except for your protein intake...they just happen to be more convenient than walking around with bags of grilled chicken...and the getting muscle part actually requires a surplus...not whey supplements...whey supplements aren't some kind of magical muscle builder even if you are working out.

Man...give me a PM...I have some stuff in my garage I need to get rid of...I was just going to donate it, but apparently there's a sucker born every minute.
  • MikeAV8s
    MikeAV8s Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Folks, I have chatted with the OP offline. I do not think she is trying to sell, I do think she believes the pitch her friend has laid on her. I believe she is sincere and is trying to lose some weight. While hardly any of us believe that this stuff works, ( I don't ) she will need to learn for herself. I ask that we just let this thread die.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I wan to lose 10lbs.! I hope this combo works!

You know what other combo works? A calorie deficit, logging your intake, and exercise! Much cheaper!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

What's this "extra boost" you're talking about? By saying "Lets do it," you're insinuating that we all want to jump on your silly bandwagon. Personally, eating at a deficit and exercising has worked well for a me. No concoctions, no supplements.
  • swtnan21
    Options
    MikeAV8s wrote: »
    Folks, I have chatted with the OP offline. I do not think she is trying to sell, I do think she believes the pitch her friend has laid on her. I believe she is sincere and is trying to lose some weight. While hardly any of us believe that this stuff works, ( I don't ) she will need to learn for herself. I ask that we just let this thread die.

Thank you for understanding.. unlike many people in here. Lol
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    No I won't try shakes pills and other supplements for weight loss because I know a calorie deficit is all that is needed.
    All these products are marketing ploys . they are peddled to the naïve and don't actually boost anything.
    You first stated that you hope this combo works but then later said it helps you. So which is it ? There's a huge difference between hope and what actually works. ( calorie deficit works. Cico )
  • swtnan21
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »

What's this "extra boost" you're talking about? By saying "Lets do it," you're insinuating that we all want to jump on your silly bandwagon. Personally, eating at a deficit and exercising has worked well for a me. No concoctions, no supplements.

Lol i didn't ask. You came onto this forum yourself
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

I asked about the extra boost too. I was curious if it had to do with saran wrap...
  • fileshiny
    fileshiny Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of different opinions about supplements, shakes and exercise - and medical science changes its mind all the freakin' time about this stuff. I daresay most people take some kind of supplement, even if its just Vitamin C. There are studies now coming out that say even taking vitamins might be harmful, so again, it's one of those situations where something seems right until some study comes out saying it's all wrong. I've taken more than a few supplements in my time, trying to hedge my bets, but now I just take what I consider to be absolutely necessary, given my personal diet and health situation. And yep, I've drank more than a few shakes in my time, and while I think there are some things to recommend a good unflavoured whey protein isolate, they all taste just bloody awful and real food is so much more tasty.

I'm not sure why people are attacking the OP; it seems to me that she was just attempting to hype herself up for the diet and fitness routine she had decided on.

For me, I'm waiting for the study that shows that ice cream is the best possible food that everyone should eat all day long, and once that comes out, I'm never reading another study!
  • swtnan21
    Options
    fileshiny wrote: »
    There are a lot of different opinions about supplements, shakes and exercise - and medical science changes its mind all the freakin' time about this stuff. I daresay most people take some kind of supplement, even if its just Vitamin C. There are studies now coming out that say even taking vitamins might be harmful, so again, it's one of those situations where something seems right until some study comes out saying it's all wrong. I've taken more than a few supplements in my time, trying to hedge my bets, but now I just take what I consider to be absolutely necessary, given my personal diet and health situation. And yep, I've drank more than a few shakes in my time, and while I think there are some things to recommend a good unflavoured whey protein isolate, they all taste just bloody awful and real food is so much more tasty.

I'm not sure why people are attacking the OP; it seems to me that she was just attempting to hype herself up for the diet and fitness routine she had decided on.

For me, I'm waiting for the study that shows that ice cream is the best possible food that everyone should eat all day long, and once that comes out, I'm never reading another study!

Thank you for understanding. I don't know why all other feels their way of doing it is best lol. We do what we think is good for ourselves lol.
  • swtnan21
    Options

I asked about the extra boost too. I was curious if it had to do with saran wrap...

When i say 'extra boost'... i just mean by me using what i am using.. it makes me feel energetic so i can exercise longer i feel like it helps my burn more. But thats just the way I feel. A lot of people in here may think different but i know how i feel and thats, that. I have done saran wrap and it does help flatten my belly.. its like a mini sauna for just my stomach area.. but like i said alot of people will think different. And im fine.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    No one is attacking anyone here. This type of post must have responses. If no one pointed out the obvious, then others who read this may think this is the way to meet their goals and end up wasting money and being disappointed. Then the purpose of this forum is lost. So, nothing is personal. If you believe it works, fine, Buy it. But just be aware that there is nothing to back up your claim other than some marketing department BS of the product you are buying.

People who come here looking for advice need to know facts, not feelings. The fact is these products do nothing for you. Now if you have actual scientific evidence that they do, please share. I am always willing to learn something new.
  • swtnan21
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    No one is attacking anyone here. This type of post must have responses. If no one pointed out the obvious, then others who read this may think this is the way to meet their goals and end up wasting money and being disappointed. Then the purpose of this forum is lost. So, nothing is personal. If you believe it works, fine, Buy it. But just be aware that there is nothing to back up your claim other than some marketing department BS of the product you are buying.

People who come here looking for advice need to know facts, not feelings. The fact is these products do nothing for you. Now if you have actual scientific evidence that they do, please share. I am always willing to learn something new.

I dont need science to back it up. I only believe what i see. You can take your negativity out.