I got pulled over this morning.

Options

Replies

• positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    my brother is a cop...you should see what he gets from "fans"

My oldest son and my son-in-law are cops. I've heard about the groupies!
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'd call that sexual harassment - LEO coming on to someone in a subordinate position. He'll catch some h*** I think if you report him. Would I? Yup, because that's not the kind of cops we need.
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Life must be tramendously hard for a person who chooses to care about such things. Crumple the paper up and throw it away.

He has your plate number, if he really cared more than leaving the ball in your court, he can find you.
  • aduck2016
    aduck2016 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Not to make light of the situation, but you just got a small taste of what it's like to be a woman...it's still not okay for anyone to abuse a position of power though...
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    aduck2016 wrote: »
    Not to make light of the situation, but you just got a small taste of what it's like to be a woman...it's still not okay for anyone to abuse a position of power though...

mmhmmm pretty much
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Oh my..... Lol, no I wouldn't report him, I'd just laugh and ignore :)
  • justBreathe33
    justBreathe33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    ekahnicole wrote: »

I'm curious why OP had such a strong reaction to this? Why are you "still shaking"? I'm sorry but it sounds like you just can't stand the idea of a gay man giving you his number.

Wow. Didn't see this comment. I think that is ridiculous!

I'm actually kind of offended to be honest because my sexuality has not been disclosed, nor do I feel it's relevant to this incident. But you immediately jumped to the conclusion that I'm a caveman who is being homophobic. That was uncool. Please have an open mind in the future as too many atrocities have occurred due to false assumptions.

Then by all means, please explain what you are so worked up about if that's not it.

Already did, homeslice.

Don't like my privacy violated if it's not in accordance with someone's job duties. A member of law enforcement isn't just "some guy" either.

Can you dig it???

He gave you his number and that's violating your privacy? How does that work?

Would you be asking about a waitress or female officer who did the same thing? Just asking again since those questions were asked and I didn't see the answer
  • couturebody
    couturebody Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Do most police officers in America abuse their powers like that? I swear whenever I hear about American police officers, it's never good. That said, I'd be so curious to call the number and call him out on what he did. It's not like he can take it to the police. I'd do it just to scare him a little. Karma is a *kitten*.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    aduck2016 wrote: »

mmhmmm pretty much

how is that relevant?
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Three pages.. not bad!
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Do most police officers in America abuse their powers like that? I swear whenever I hear about American police officers, it's never good. That said, I'd be so curious to call the number and call him out on what he did. It's not like he can take it to the police. I'd do it just to scare him a little. Karma is a *kitten*.
    40% are a-holes on a power trip
    60% are decent human beings

• eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    report him, totally unprofessional. This is a person in a position of power. That is an abuse of said power.
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

I'm curious why OP had such a strong reaction to this? Why are you "still shaking"? I'm sorry but it sounds like you just can't stand the idea of a gay man giving you his number.

I'm actually kind of offended to be honest because my sexuality has not been disclosed, nor do I feel it's relevant to this incident. But you immediately jumped to the conclusion that I'm a caveman who is being homophobic. That was uncool. Please have an open mind in the future as too many atrocities have occurred due to false assumptions.

Then by all means, please explain what you are so worked up about if that's not it.

Already did, homeslice.

Don't like my privacy violated if it's not in accordance with someone's job duties. A member of law enforcement isn't just "some guy" either.

Can you dig it???

He gave you his number and that's violating your privacy? How does that work?

Would you be asking about a waitress or female officer who did the same thing? Just asking again since those questions were asked and I didn't see the answer

A waitress does not have the power to take away your freedom. This is not a gender issue.
  • Small_Town_Southern_Man
    Options
    Are you afraid your boyfriend is going to find out???
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Are you afraid your boyfriend is going to find out???

ugh

perfect username for this post.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I'd say let it go since he didn't say "Ok, if I don't give you a ticket you have to call me". Keep it though in case he uses your personal information, that way you have evidence. Really, it was pretty unprofessional but I don't think it was malicious or lascivious. Just take it as a compliment and move on with your life. :)
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options

Already did, homeslice.

Can you dig it???

Can't say I do, home skillet. But feel free to be easily offended/shaken.
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Rage_Phish wrote: »
    so just a thoguht taht isnt really that well related to the topic. cool

im with you man

I'm with you guys. It would be a totally different conversation if you were a woman and a male cop did that. They take an oath and are not supposed to abuse their power. This is a fairly minor offense, although I understand you're concerns, but police shouldn't take any form of bribe or use their power to intimidate in any way. At least all he did was hand you the note, but it's wrong to have a cop out there using his power to get dates. I probably wouldn't report it. It feels minor enough, however, it's not for any of us to judge. If you feel wronged enough, report it. Let the department determine what to do about it. It's the department's job to balance the punishment with the offense. I'm sure they won't ruin his life over it.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I'd say let it go since he didn't say "Ok, if I don't give you a ticket you have to call me". Keep it though in case he uses your personal information, that way you have evidence. Really, it was pretty unprofessional but I don't think it was malicious or lascivious. Just take it as a compliment and move on with your life. :)

I'm still not confident the OP was completely serious with his post (sorry, OP!) but, if it *is* I completely agree with the above. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt until he actually does something to violate your privacy.