weight loss pills suggestions??

Options

Replies

• GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    So after two pages of facts, you are still considering wasting your money? LOL, too funny!

i dont see any "facts" with any proof here. and i havent said im still going to buy any, i have only considered them. so keep your comments to yourself

You asked for peoples opinions ......... they have given them... So if you want people to keep their comments to themselves why post the thread

i asked for suggestions on which pills work. i didnt ask for snarky comments!

Ignore the snark. Understand the actual answer. NONE of the pills work. I wish they did, we all wish they did. But, unfortunately, they don't.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    what are these pills made for then?
    if nobody has anything positive to say, then dont say anything at all. i didnt come on here for an argument!

I can only speak for myself, but I used a weight loss pill because I was lazy, had no will power and wanted to lose weight as quickly as possible with minimal effort.

I used phen/fen because I didn't bother reading past the marketing hype to educating myself about the potential side effects.
  • sammiewammie444
    sammiewammie444 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    [quote="kshama2

Finding out what foods satiate me and focusing on them curbed my appetite: http://www.nutrition.org.uk/healthyliving/fuller/understanding-satiety-feeling-full-after-a-meal.html

Exercise boosts my metabolism.[/quote]

thank you, i shall take a look at that :)
  • sammiewammie444
    Options
    ive heard caffine is good for weight loss. shame i hate coffee and energy drinks!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    The only pills I've considered are ones that are all natural ingredients, so I doubt they would be dangerous. And I'd only buy from Holland and bar rat (which is a health store)

"All natural" does not mean safe. There are plenty of "all natural" products that can do damage. They can interact with medications you already take. Caffeine has side effects. Senna or other laxative pills can lead to worse problems down the road with your digestive track. "Natural" supplements aren't very well studied, and they aren't regulated by the FDA which means that there is no way to tell if the dosage is accurate as marked, or the quality of the product.

What everyone is trying to tell you is that these pills don't work. Eating at a deficit and being more active is how you lose weight.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Didn't a guy have to have a new liver because he took a natural supplement?
  • sammiewammie444
    Options
    so i guess you guys are also against multivitamins?
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    no, I take a multivitamin every day
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    ive heard caffine is good for weight loss. shame i hate coffee and energy drinks!

Yeah, no, it isn't. I drink coffee every morning, have green tea every day with lunch and drink diet Mt. Dew almost daily. Does exactly nothing for weight loss, other than have very few to zero calories and caffeine is a stimulant which might give you energy.

My mom doesn't consume caffeine in any form, except rarely from chocolate, so when she ever does have even a small piece of chocolate, she zooms around like a mad woman for a couple of hours. It does nothing for me because I drink so much of it, so maybe if you don't consume much caffeine, try a cup of regular tea and see if it boosts your energy level for a bit.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options

Multivitamins don't promise weight loss...
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    i was also considering the bootea teatox which has some health benefits http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/bootea-teatox-60035242

Poop tea. It will just make you poop A LOT. The loss on the scale from excessive pooping is not actual weight loss. Abusing laxatives can cause so much more serious issues in the future also. I'd be very very careful about that one. Although I know you have no intentions to listening to anyone's advice anyway - so just stock up on toilet paper and have some good reading material for your hours in the bathroom.
  • mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i would like something to help me out with my diet. can anyone recommend any weight loss pills that work? i tried adios a long time ago but they didnt work. ive been looking into raspberry ketones, and detox pills, but they all have mixed reviews

Hey Sammie, a few things to remember. If you put yourself out there, be prepared for ALOT of opinions, some of which will be snarky. I original question was wide open and up for interpretation. Having said that, #3,
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options

I don't take multis. I take individuals or pills combined in logical units like a B complex, so I can get the forms and dosages I want.

People aren't against X vitamin for an X vitamin deficiency. They are against X vitamin for weight loss.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

No. Micro-nutrients are important for sustenance. Poop-teas and miracle fat-melters and metabolism revver-uppers are not. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Edit: OP, I get the feeling that you aren't here for learning or advice, but for validation. Nobody can convince you to do x or y or z. Go ahead and do what you feel is right. The possibly dangerous effects of these "pills" have been explained to you. I hope you take the right decision. Good luck either way.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Negative.
    And, not the same thing.
    Had you said, "can you recommend a good multi-vitamin? Maybe one that will help with energy." - it would have been a completely different thread.

Multivitamin =/=diet pill.
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    eeejer wrote: »
    caffeine pills work great.

A cup of coffee is likely cheaper.

5c a pill. I don't think so.
  • MommyMeggo
    edited April 2016
    Options

Oh boy, here we go....
    Is a cost per mg of caffeine debate brewing?
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »

Oh boy, here we go....

No. I simply said caffeine pills are an effective weight loss pill, pretty much the only one with clinical evidence (examine.com says it is the only weight loss supplement that works). Someone else said it was cheaper to drink coffee. Even if you drink the crappiest dunkin donuts plonk it is far more expensive to drink it, plus the thread is about pills, not liquids.

Oh and I like the pun, I think you may just be trying to stir up trouble though.
  • MommyMeggo
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »

Oh boy, here we go....

No. I simply said caffeine pills are an effective weight loss pill, pretty much the only one with clinical evidence (examine.com says it is the only weight loss supplement that works). Someone else said it was cheaper to drink coffee. Even if you drink the crappiest dunkin donuts plonk it is far more expensive to drink it, plus the thread is about pills, not liquids.

Oh and I like the pun, I think you may just be trying to stir up trouble though.

Awh, cmon man. Me? Trouble? Im not stirring up anything....except my afternoon cuppa joe.