What can you do now you couldn't do before?

Options

Replies

• rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Climb stairs without gasping like a dying fish. Buy clothes at a normal clothing store. Fly without a seat belt extender.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    juskaima wrote: »
    Put on underwear from a standing position and not fall over!

Oh I can relate to this, some will never know.
    I was 200 lbs in the service so always been big, even when I was fit so had many problems when I became fat.

Things I am loving now.
    Finding clothes in almost any store
    Putting on shoes with out about passing out
    Sitting in a booth at a restaurant
    Being able to lean over plate when eating, less food on my shirt :smile:
    Being able to sit almost anywhere and know I can get back up
    Knowing a chair will hold me.
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I can walk for miles with little to no discomfort, including uphill. My usual routes include at least 2 hills, so I guess I've gotten used to it. :)
  • ColinSham2016
    ColinSham2016 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I can walk down the street with my jeans around my ankles maybe its time to get a few pairs that actually fit me!
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    If the top I'm wearing is thin enough, I try on shirts in the store over it instead of going in the dressing room! I've even bought a few without trying them on.. can't say I ever expected I'd do either of those things.
  • krissyrey
    krissyrey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This looks like an awesome thread!!!!

So many things I can do now, that I could not do before yayyy me!!!

I can do push ups, run/jog without getting out of breath, wear what I want without feeling self conscious of how it fits, exercising for two hours straight, and the list goes on. This was just to name a few.
  • meganpaige1989
    meganpaige1989 Posts: 22 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I can run an entire mile at 6mph without stopping :) And today, I ran a 5k at an average pace of 9.2km/hr - up from 8km/hr just a few weeks ago!

On top of that, I can now see some of the more defined muscles in my quads and my shoulders. I can do a barbell squat with more weight than just the bar. Oh, and I can do 10 sit-ups in a row, and 15 push-ups on my knees without stopping :D
  • Kelleygirl79
    Kelleygirl79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I can comfortably cross my arms across my chest! Sometimes I do it just to feel my thinner upper arms. I smile. (I'm an inverted triangle and carried most all my extra weight in my upper body.)

Also, I can reach *almost* my entire back to scratch it if I need to!
  • amyvanblaricom
    amyvanblaricom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I can jog alongside my 5 year old son and not get breathless when he does.
  • debhurley196994
    debhurley196994 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jamieperryman
    jamieperryman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have started Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training. ...........and can turn around and bend over and pick stuff up in my tiny shower cubicle
  • Jellybewbie
    Jellybewbie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I found that I can wake up earlier in the morning and I have more motivation to actually get off the sofa/chair/bed to get going. 30LBS down this year and many more to go, but I just keep trecking on, started gymming in the morning and also found that I am able to paint my nails easier, tie my shoes, I get less pain whilst walking as although my asthma has not improved, I am able to walk without major pains in my chest. I am now able to eat more healthy food without it making me feel sick (still cant handle mushrooms) but I am able to cook healthier too!

Amazing achievement from everyone! :D
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Here are some of mine...
    • Cross my legs comfortably
    • Walk without feeling disgusting or completely out of shape
    • Wear clothes I haven't seen since high school
    • Talk and not avoid a discussion on weight loss.
    • Take pictures that I am not 100% disgusted by
    • Walk with my head high (because I know I am making positive changes in my life)
  • tracypreiss
    tracypreiss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a much easier time picking out clothes to wear to work and I have many more choices.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    train for a half marathon
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I can wear skirts again with confidence

I love to wear them but my thighs used to rub and forget about nylons. Now I wear them more than pants and even in a casual setting not at work! I can cross my legs and I no longer have to be a contortionist to put on nylons!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!