Cold and Tired.

I'm cold and tired. It's almost 75° in my house and I'm under a blanket almost passing out. It's 3pm.

I started losing weight last May. I did really well until December and I lost it for a few months (still logged, but I didn't weigh food and stopped working out). I just started back up at the beginning of April and since then I have been freezing and super tired.

I am burning calories and not eating many of them back, but that's how I did it before my winter slump. Im worried about upping my calories, I dont want to lose my momentum.

I also just had an expensive medical emergency in the household and really don't want to have to pay for a doctor's appointment.

Any ideas on what it is, or anything to try?

Height: 5'5"
Starting weight (5.22.15): 210
Current weight: 168

I fall asleep (on the couch) between 10pm-12am and wake up between 7am-9am.
My average sleep time is 7 hours.

My diary is also open. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited April 2016
    Do you take a daily multivitamin?
    Often when on a low calorie diet, we can't get enough nutrition.
    A multi will contain iron, B vitamins, niacin, magnesium, and folic acid.
    Do not choose gummies (they do not generally contain minerals).
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Do you take a daily multivitamin?
    Often when on a low calorie diet, we can't get enough nutrition.
    A multi will contain iron, B vitamins, niacin, magnesium, and folic acid.
    Do not choose gummies (they do not generally contain minerals).

I do not take a multivitamin. But I certainly could start.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    How many calories per day are you eating?
  • TakingBackForever
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    How many calories per day are you eating?

Typically between 1450 - 1600.

• faidwen
    faidwen Posts: 131 Member
    Hmmmm, you might want to have your blood tested, you could be anemic or not getting enough nutrients. I suffered from the exact same thing, and it sounds familiar......

But without testing, it is all speculation. You may want to increase you daily calorie intake, and / or watch your nutrients.

RBC ??
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    You are doing great going from 210 to 168. Don't pass out. Health comes first, ideal weight comes distant second.

• TakingBackForever
    faidwen wrote: »
    Hmmmm, you might want to have your blood tested, you could be anemic or not getting enough nutrients. I suffered from the exact same thing, and it sounds familiar......

But without testing, it is all speculation. You may want to increase you daily calorie intake, and / or watch your nutrients.

RBC ??

Yeah. I'll make an appointment. I'm just tight on cash this month.
  • gcaracciolo2
    gcaracciolo2 Posts: 130 Member
    I notice this happens to me after intense and lengthy workouts. In fact, I ran a marathon last year and was shivering under the covers for a few hours afterwards.

I agree with the above posters on depleted nutrients and something to look into a bit deeper if it happens often.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Physicians widow here. As cold as you get this could be hypothyroidism. I strongly suggest you see a doctor. The first thing I would do is have a thyroid test.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    I'd give it a little bit more time, and maybe consider upping your calories close to maintenance for a while to see if more cals help you feel better.
    If not, then you should discuss this with your doctor when you can.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Talk to your dr. It could a hormonal problem (hypothyroidism for example) or it could be a vitamin deficiency, or just being too tired.
  • TakingBackForever
    Thank you everyone.

I made a doctor's appointment, but it's 3 weeks out. In the mean time I'm picking up a multi vitamin and eating back my exercise calories better.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Look for a vitamin that has the iron and iodine (helps thyroid function).
    Some of those chewables and gummies do not include this. Take the pill form.
    Even the walmart equate women's brand will do. No need to spend money on internet stuff.
  • TakingBackForever
    Look for a vitamin that has the iron and iodine (helps thyroid function).
    Some of those chewables and gummies do not include this. Take the pill form.
    Even the walmart equate women's brand will do. No need to spend money on internet stuff.

Yes ma'am. I will make sure the one I pick out has those supplements in them. I'm walking to the store later today.
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    I used to be freezing and tired all the time and got myself vitamins with iron and I'm much better since then
  • GoMom2016
    GoMom2016 Posts: 41 Member
    I would most definitely get tested for hypothyroidism. I have it and get VERY tired and cold when my meds need to be upped. Ask your Dr for a TSH, T3 and T4 blood test. And even if you fall within the normal range, that doesn't mean those results are NORMAL or ADEQUATE for you . You can ask to be put on 25mg Synthroid (thyroid drug) to try and treat the symptoms.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Physicians widow here. As cold as you get this could be hypothyroidism. I strongly suggest you see a doctor. The first thing I would do is have a thyroid test.

This is what I thought of as well, get your thyroid tested.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Just looking back at your diary, I noticed that all you ate yesterday were bacon, waffles, taquitos, ranch, chocolate, and soda. Might I suggest eating more nutritious and nutrient dense food. While you can still lose weight (as long as you're under your calories), this type of diet really isn't doing you any favors. While a multivitamin will certainly help you to get your vitamins and minerals in, it shouldn't be used to replace a well rounded diet.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Get your thyroid levels checked.
    I was recently diagnosed with Hashimotos.....
    I was cold all the time and had no energy...
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    I have low iron and am cold all the time, but I can't take an iron supplement because it makes me sick as a dog :/