How often to shower and how??

Options
witcherkar
witcherkar Posts: 138 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I know this might be a weird question. I am the type of person that likes to shower before bed because my fiance works night and sometimes when he gets off, I will wake up and we will do sexual things. Then go to sleep.and wake up again in the morning to have coffee and exercise and shower again. Well I exercise about 5 or 6 times a day. I don't have time to get in the shower after every time. Plus I would dry out and Crack really badly. So how do I clean up and get sweat off me and smell good without showering 7 times a day???

Replies

• witcherkar
    Options
    Why didn't I think of that! Thank you you are awesome!
  • mgookin1
    mgookin1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Baby wipes, or feminine wipes. Body spray.

I shower every other day. Showering to much causes a lot of skin irritation due to sensitivity.

Corn starch and baby powder also absorb moisture and can leave the skin feeling soft also.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If for some reason you get a rash from the baby wipes (I'm allergic to aloe products), use cheap facial wipes.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Why are you exercising 5 or 6 times a day?
  • beautifulsparkles
    beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    IGbnat24 wrote: »

*week?
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    don't use such hot water when you shower, don't shampoo every time you shower, don't use soap every time you shower... these are the things that are trying out your hair and skin, not the actual water itself...
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Why would you not do all of your exercising before you shower at all? I walk between 3 & 6 miles a day on my treadmill, but I break them up over about 4 or 5 hours. When I'm done, then I shower. Why waste water? Or just jump in and do a quick cool-water rinse or something if you're super sweaty. I do that after yard work on hot days.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How do you have time to exercise enough to be shower worthy 5 or 6 times a day?
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    5 or 6 times a DAY? I thought that was a typo at first, but you said it twice. What are you considering to be "exercise" (and if it's sex with your fiance, please just forget I asked).

Well because of my disability Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), I am unable to always exercise; for an hour straight. So I usually exercise for 15 to 30 minutes, until I've done an hour; over several hours. However I am only 14 pounds overweight, so I don't typically sweat; when exercising. How much someone weighs alone, typically causes excess sweating & difficultly exercising, for an average amount of time; of a healthy weight person.
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    So much judgment! When I first started my lifestyle change, 3 years and 90 pounds ago, I could only exercise for a short time, so I broke it down to several sessions per day and would sweat like crazy every time. Fortunately, I'm retired, so I didn't have to worry about being too presentable, but if necessary I would have showered several times a day so I didn't look or smell bad. When I was obese, people already judged me, I didn't need them talking about how I stink also.

I agree so judgmental!!! Since you didn't explain more in detail why you have to exercise that many times or maybe you choose to, whatever it is if you want to smell good for your fiancé when he comes home I don't blame you. I don't want to have sex with my husband when I stink or when he stinks for that matter!! As for advice I would suggest just washing up in the sink maybe. Getting the important parts. My doctor has told me not to use baby powder in my vaginal area because it has been link to causing certain types of cancers so I would stay clear of using it down there if your going to use it. Feminine wipes are great as are baby wipes but they also do contain alcohol, even the ones that say alcohol free, and over time this will dry your skin too. Whatever it takes to make you feel better about yourself I say do!!!
  • witcherkar
    Options
    IGbnat24 wrote: »

*week?

I exercise that much a day because I can only walk for maybe 10 minutes at a time on good days then I feel exhausted so i spread it out multiple times a day. Problem is I still sweat like a pig.
  • witcherkar
    Options
    5 or 6 times a DAY? I thought that was a typo at first, but you said it twice. What are you considering to be "exercise" (and if it's sex with your fiance, please just forget I asked).

Haha no I speed walk for about 10 minutes and get super sweaty.
  • witcherkar
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Why would you not do all of your exercising before you shower at all? I walk between 3 & 6 miles a day on my treadmill, but I break them up over about 4 or 5 hours. When I'm done, then I shower. Why waste water? Or just jump in and do a quick cool-water rinse or something if you're super sweaty. I do that after yard work on hot days.

Time. I'll exercise in the morning. Then every few hours until about 8. And sometimes I have to go places in between...
  • witcherkar
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

What do you mean?
  • witcherkar
    Options
    So much judgment! When I first started my lifestyle change, 3 years and 90 pounds ago, I could only exercise for a short time, so I broke it down to several sessions per day and would sweat like crazy every time. Fortunately, I'm retired, so I didn't have to worry about being too presentable, but if necessary I would have showered several times a day so I didn't look or smell bad. When I was obese, people already judged me, I didn't need them talking about how I stink also.

Yes thank you... plus I have a skin condition that I have to keep clean or it could get infected..
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    witcherkar wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »

What do you mean?

I mean what exercise are you doing at what intensity and for how long? I may split my walking up throughout the day but I don't get sweaty or dirty enough each time to take a shower.