30 Day Shred buddies wanted :)

Options

Replies

• philippakate197
    philippakate197 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done! Definitely benefitted from the rest yesterday but not easy doing this after a day of eating and drinking! Ah well, birthdays come only once a year and I thoroughly enjoyed mine! Just gotta finish the last of the pistachio and lemon cake, then back to tracking!
  • smal48
    smal48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Day off today. Exhausted from lack of sleep and my joints need a rest too. Starting level 2 tomorrow.
  • philippakate197
    Options
    Just out of interest, those of you who have done shred before, when did you notice a difference in your shape? I'm only on day 4 so not expecting any changed for ages yet!
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Just out of interest, those of you who have done shred before, when did you notice a difference in your shape? I'm only on day 4 so not expecting any changed for ages yet!

The last few times I started seeing changes after about 9-10 days of level 1. :smile: And this time too!
  • biggestloser90
    biggestloser90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did 15 days of level 1 so far, started level 2 yesterday..I'm probably gonna do 5 days level 2 and 10 days level 3, but we'll see. Level 2 I was sweating so bad! Lol and what's weird is, I think I like level 2 better lol I like the moves better...

So far I lost:
    Skinny part of Waist - 1 inch
    Chest - 1.5 inch
    Waist across belly button - 0.5 inch
    Bicep - 0.5 inch
    Forearm - 0.25 inch
    Calves - 0.5 inch
    Thighs - 0.5 inch
    And lost 9.2 lbs :)

Have 100 more pounds to lose!
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 4, level 2. I'm starting not to hate it as much. It's very challenging but definitely effective.
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This gives me so much encouragement!

I skipped yesterday (but did something like 19k steps, so it's not like I sat around on my butt). Going to do Day 4 in a little bit.
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Day 10 of Level 1 done. I did a little bit of level 2 again. Trying to prepare myself for tomorrow morning :)
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am on doing day 6 of level 1 tonight. I did the shred last year and saw amazing results from it. Can't wait for level 2, it's a killer but it's my favorite level :-)
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Day one Level Two. I remember why I didn't care for this level the last time... Burning legs!
  • smal48
    Options
    cdgross81 wrote: »
    Day one Level Two. I remember why I didn't care for this level the last time... Burning legs!
    Lvl 2 day 1 for me today too. Wow, lots harder than level 1! My arms and shoulders were killing me, and legs shaking on those squat lift things. Feel great after doing it tho. And I love those walking press up things - much more fun than the standard push-ups in lvl 1!
    I'm def gonna be fitter after 9 more days of this!
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Great to see everyone continuing on!!

Level 1, day 2 done!
  • Terpnista84
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Day 5, level 2 tonight!

For the first time I'm not dreading the workout...I'm kind of...looking forward to it *gasp*

Does anyone do any additional exercise with the program? I usually take a walk for an hour to cool down and burn some extra calories.

• smal48
    Options
    Day 5, level 2 tonight!

For the first time I'm not dreading the workout...I'm kind of...looking forward to it *gasp*

Does anyone do any additional exercise with the program? I usually take a walk for an hour to cool down and burn some extra calories.

I'm not doing any other exercise because I just don't have time, though I do spend hours every day walking and rocking my baby if that counts! Ideally I'd like to do a 15 minute cardio workout (davina's) as well, but baby never sleeps for longer than 20 mins.

Congrats on reaching the halfway mark! I think I'm gonna find lvl 2 day 2 tomorrow really hard - I'm expecting to wake up and not be able to lift my arms after day 1!

One move I didn't get in level 2 is the double jump rope. I can't tell what they're doing. Are you just supposed to try and jump higher than the normal jump rope from lvl 1?
  • Terpnista84
    Options
    smal48 wrote: »
    Day 5, level 2 tonight!

I'm not doing any other exercise because I just don't have time, though I do spend hours every day walking and rocking my baby if that counts! Ideally I'd like to do a 15 minute cardio workout (davina's) as well, but baby never sleeps for longer than 20 mins.

Congrats on reaching the halfway mark! I think I'm gonna find lvl 2 day 2 tomorrow really hard - I'm expecting to wake up and not be able to lift my arms after day 1!

One move I didn't get in level 2 is the double jump rope. I can't tell what they're doing. Are you just supposed to try and jump higher than the normal jump rope from lvl 1?

Wow I really am at the halfway mark didn't think about it like that haha. The walking push-ups have gotten a lot easier.

For the jump rope I just jump faster.

• AmandaDanceMore
    Options

This is really in addition to what I do normally. So, lots of walking still, cycling, horseback riding, and ballroom dancing. Yesterday I skipped it, because by the time I had walked the dog, gone for a long bike ride, and gotten my horse ridden, I needed to get ready for the evening shift at work. I'll do it today, though, as I won't have time to bike.
  • philippakate197
    Options
    Level 1 day 5 done! The upper body stuff was definitely harder than the last few days. I think I'm getting better at the press ups, still doing the modified version but technique is better and I'm doing them lower now. I still hate jumping jacks though!
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 done!!

Anyone else sub moves for something else? I have a hard time with the lunges\bicep curls part. Sometimes I can't do the lunges so I do bicep curls with a knee raise.
    Plus I can NOT do the side lunges in the last strength move. Never been able to so I just do the arm raises
  • staciw
    staciw Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    took an extended vacation and didnt have my DVD player - so just started back again. Level one, day one - check! Fun to read and see how everyone is doing! Love that some are seeing results from all that hard work! Have been running and will do that in addition to this (but will run before - cause after 30 day, Im exhausted!).
  • AmandaDanceMore
    Options
    Katie_Y89 wrote: »
    Level 1 Day 3 done!!

Anyone else sub moves for something else? I have a hard time with the lunges\bicep curls part. Sometimes I can't do the lunges so I do bicep curls with a knee raise.
    Plus I can NOT do the side lunges in the last strength move. Never been able to so I just do the arm raises

I find the cardio very painful on an old injury, so I jump on my bike set up on an indoor trainer for the cardio sections.

You can't even do a smaller lunge or side lunge? There are definitely days I can't go as deep, so I do as she says and make a smaller movement. The only thing I really struggle with (and it is something I've always found hard, even when I've been really fit) are the push ups. I sometimes just hold a plank for part of the push ups. I can never ever seem to master those. :(