Running with a phone - how do you do it?

1235»

Replies

• LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    I just use a cheap arm band from Target. It works fine if you do not have to mess with your phone while running.
  • april1779
    april1779 Posts: 37 Member
    I don't know how well this actually works, but maybe more comfortable than some armbands?
    http://www.theartofdoingstuff.com/the-most-comfortable-iphone-armband-ever-easy-diy/
  • QueenKristine77
    QueenKristine77 Posts: 67 Member
    jacket with zip up pockets or running pants with pockets
  • stickkop
    stickkop Posts: 24 Member
    flipbelt - version with a zipper
  • Turtle003
    Turtle003 Posts: 133 Member
    I hold my phone in my hand for 6 miles or less...but longer runs I use the FlipBelt and take the phone out of the otterbox case.
  • BanksySJ11
    BanksySJ11 Posts: 96 Member
    I use a Flip belt. It fits everything in and I don't notice it at all whilst I'm running
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    I have thrown two devices out of my hands while running in the past (once it was my iPod down an 18-storey stairwell, once my phone onto the road when it was icy out) and as a result I don't think it's a good idea to carry anything in my hands that I'm not willing to lose when I run.

I'm clumsy, clearly, so I always use a Flipbelt for my phone, keys, and whatever else I have with me (gloves, gels, etc.) I love it - it stays put, it's comfortable, and it feels secure, and nothing is bouncing around or sliding out on me. I don't carry water or anything (just a couple bucks to buy some if I'm out for more than 9-10 miles) so it's a good solution for me.
  • RunnersLament
    RunnersLament Posts: 140 Member
    I have a wrist band and use wireless headphones... keeps the phone where I can see it, protects it from moisture and allows me to switch things up quickly if I need to (in case of bad running tunes... or the time my iPhone shuffled in a self hypnosis program while running. LMAO) It kind of resembles what professional QB's wear on their wrists during a football game.
  • Dula73
    Dula73 Posts: 29 Member
    Helpful thread! I currently hold my phone in my hand. It's an iPhone 6 and it's a bit big for my hands - I've had a couple of near misses and it's not in a case, so it's only a matter of time before I do drop it. @RunnersLament what's the wrist band? I like to have access to my music at times, but worried a belt won't allow that, so looking for alternatives. Does the phone go inside it? Or is it like a remote?
  • RunnersLament
    RunnersLament Posts: 140 Member
    edited April 2016
    Dula73 wrote: »
    Helpful thread! I currently hold my phone in my hand. It's an iPhone 6 and it's a bit big for my hands - I've had a couple of near misses and it's not in a case, so it's only a matter of time before I do drop it. @RunnersLament what's the wrist band? I like to have access to my music at times, but worried a belt won't allow that, so looking for alternatives. Does the phone go inside it? Or is it like a remote?

I'll have to check the brand... I picked it up a few years ago at a race Expo... the phone slides right inside and has a plastic window that allows me to operate the touch screen. It fits my iPhone 6Plus. My only complaints are the Tan line and the neoprene gets a little warm on a hot day. (also in Winter, I tend to place my phone inside my jacket so it doesn't freeze).
  • Dula73
    Dula73 Posts: 29 Member
    @RunnersLament thanks, I'll do a little Google searching!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Dula73 wrote: »

I have gotten adept at taking my phone out of my waist pack (fanny pack, stop laughing you Brits!) to change my music while on the go, but then I'm not very fast. I have not evolved to the next stage of buying things or ordering pizza like @20yearsyounger or @litsy3 yet though.
  • Soy_K
    Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
    If you want to spend the $, superfithero.com sells really awesome athletic leggings with POCKETS large enough for a big phone. It's also a very body-conscious woman run company. I invested in pair and seriously they are incredible.