Anyone have healthy breakfast recipes?

Options
Gioeyebrow
Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
Ive been having nothing but mushrooms, spinachs and eggs for the past week and im kinda getting bored anyone have somthing yummy i could cook?

Replies

• kaydottee
    kaydottee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try adding salsa to it. I love turkey bacon with steel cut oats (oatmeal) and I add fruit to it .It's very filling it I make smoothies just add in veggies and fruit with almond milk or you can do water. Some even add yogurt
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I just had 1 egg, 2 egg whites, protein pancake with 16g of peanut butter and an 1/8 of a cup of syrup.

• SkipSanders09
    SkipSanders09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sure do.
    4 organic eggs fried but only 2 yolks. Multivitamin, 2 fish oils capsules and 2 glasses of water.
    Then you can hit up the coffee (max of 2). Remember eat at least 6X per day (small meals) and workout like a MO FO!!
  • lildynarider
    lildynarider Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    What's your breakfast calorie goal? I aim for 400 to 500 for breakfast. Yesterday I had 2 eggs fried and 1.5 oz of goat cheese. I love that extra tang. I think that was around 270 in cal. I add milk to my coffee and toast that came around 400 something. Other mornings I have an oatmeal pancake they are awesome. If you follow the recipe they are only 135 calories, but I usually do the whole egg instead of just the whites. Here is the web site with the recipe. eraforsarah.blogspot.com/2013/09/fit-friday-oatmeal-blueberry-pancakes.html I also love yogurt overnight oats. Great and filling recipes for them on pinterest.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Check out Skinnytaste.com Tons of great recipes. Easy too.
  • emmadonaldson95
    emmadonaldson95 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat 2 weetabix skimmed milk and sweetner everyday as it comes in under 200calories but sometimes i will ad banana or fresh fruits to it.
  • ubermofish
    ubermofish Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    2 pieces of bacon in a skillet, put it in the oven (make sure your skillet is oven safe, like cast iron). Set to 400F. After 15mins, check the bacon, if its crisp, then remove, otherwise, give it some more time. Drain the bacon, put fat in a jar or something and store in the fridge, use it instead of other oils sometimes, its delicious. Cook 2 eggs in the bacon-y pan however you want. Consume however you want. I like putting my eggs and bacon in a 100cal tortilla with some hot sauce.
  • megbugs
    megbugs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I eat egg and vegetable scrambles or Greek yogurt, berries, chia seeds and honey. Following for more ideas because sometimes I get bored too!
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    Imma yry all these you guys they sound delicius and my calorie goal for breakfast is 500-600 cuz i somtimes add a smoothie lol
  • jenniferburns1989
    jenniferburns1989 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    fluffygio wrote: »
    Ive been having nothing but mushrooms, spinachs and eggs for the past week and im kinda getting bored anyone have somthing yummy i could cook?

Egg whites low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese and diced tomatoes...yummy!!!
  • SamahraJade2
    SamahraJade2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 135, 5'7 and i love to eat but its super hard for me to gain weight so I usually have 2 egg sandwiches and about 2 cups of Silk Very Vanilla Soy milk for bfast. I dont regular milk as it makes me gag so i fell in love with soy milk!! I have to track the cals on it as im new to this app as of today. Wish me luck all!!
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I like to fry a piece of thick cut bacon in a skillet. Once that's done, I remove it and cook 2-3 cups of greens in the bacon fat. Then I put the greens, bacon and a tablespoon of parmesan in a tortilla.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast is coffee, milk, bread and jam or honey, or some homemade sweetbread or french toast with fruit.
    But it sums to half your calorie goal, if not even less, I am not a breakfast person.
    If I were to have a larger breakfast (e.g. on holidays when I might eat breakfast much later) it would also contain yoghurt and fruit.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I just switched to
    100g Greek yogurt
    30 g chopped pecans
    and anywhere between 70-100 g of cantelope.

It's refreshing and surpisingly filling. I don't need to snack mid-morning
  • killifish11
    killifish11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    kaydottee wrote: »
    Try adding salsa to it. I love turkey bacon with steel cut oats (oatmeal) and I add fruit to it .It's very filling it I make smoothies just add in veggies and fruit with almond milk or you can do water. Some even add yogurt

I had 2 weetabix plus tablespoon of oats with sultanas
    sometimes I have low fat Greek yoghurt with sultanas very tasty
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    k8etzmephzp6.jpeg
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Paleo egg "muffins"...yum!

http://paleogrubs.com/egg-muffin-recipes

or sushi...I get the guys at Whole Foods sushi counter to make me 6 or 8 finger-sized pieces of sashimi, with a sliver of pickled ginger and a dab of wasabi, wrapped in nori...no rice. Dee-lish, and a solid, low-carb protein hit.
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    mjwarbeck wrote: »
    k8etzmephzp6.jpeg

Yuuuuum!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I make these in a food processor. I add chopped Apple or blueberries into mixture instead of mixed berries on top. 1/4 cup per pancake makes 8 pancakes, 4 per serving per the recipe.

Golden Pancakes
    Servings: 2
    Preparation time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:
    1 cup uncooked whole-grain oats (non-instant)
    6 egg whites
    1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
    1⁄4 tsp vanilla extract
    1⁄4 tsp ground cinnamon
    2 packets sugar substitute
    1⁄2 cup sugar-free maple syrup
    1⁄4 cup mixed berries

Directions:
    1. Mix together oats, egg whites, cottage cheese, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sugar substitute in a bowl until well-blended.
    2. Heat a nonstick skillet to medium heat.
    3. Pour blended mixture onto skillet to form pancakes. Let mixture sit in skillet until bubbles form, then flip the pancake, and leave in skillet until both sides are golden brown.
    4. Remove pancakes and plate. Cover with maple syrup and berries, then serve!

NUTRITION FACTS
    Serving Size: recipe makes 2 servings (4 pancakes each, to get info per pancake, decide info by 4)
    Amount per serving
    Calories 321
    Total Fat 2.8g
    Total Carbs 49g
    Protein 27g

khkue38pobe9.jpeg
    p4dshhjy5ke1.jpeg
  • fischerm86
    fischerm86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually have serving of Multigrain peanut butter cheerios, dannon light fit greek yogurt, with some scrambled eggs. That ceral is amazing!