Replies

• kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese and pickles. LOVES IT !
  • msheepy00
    msheepy00 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    As a kid I would put buttered popcorn into a mug of hot chocolate and eat it with a spoon. Not sure if it would still be tasty but I loooooved the heck out of it.
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and potato chips. The ex-hubby turned me onto that one.
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    When I was a kid I loved pb and miracle whip sandwiches lol

My nephew eats that! Sounds totally disgusting.
  • biscuitnow
    biscuitnow Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I make poached eggs, then melt cheddar cheese on them and eat them with a handful of walnuts. It came about as an attempt to cobble together a high-protein lunch from whatever was left in the fridge and I ended up really liking it. :-)
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Cheetos dipped in Miracle Whip. Hubby thinks I'm crazy on that one.
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    jalapeno with anything
  • garyreed636
    garyreed636 Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Cottage Cheese with Pico de Gallo, just to spice it up a bit.

I also put mashed potatoes on dinner rolls.

Cream Cheese on sandwich bread.

American Cheese on bread in the toaster oven and topped with Salsa.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have some weird eating habits that do not sound very appetizing to many, here are some:

- Watermelon and feta cheese.
    - Greek yogurt and green grapes. May not sound weird, but to people around me it is because I grew up on Greek yogurt as a savory food.
    - My sandwiches are usually very minimal. Like only cheese and bread, Greek yogurt and bread, hummus and bread...etc. Used to add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to almost all of my sandwiches pressing it into the bread, but those days are gone.
    - When I was a child I used to really love butter and sugar or butter and salt sandwiches. A sandwich, with only butter and sugar or salt.
    - I did not grow up eating cold cereals as a child, but I made my own before even knowing they existed. I used to tear a bagel into pieces, add some raisins, then drown it in milk.
    - Chips and buttermilk. I'd have a cup of buttermilk and sip every now and then while eating potato chips.
    - Rice and yogurt mixed together. I can't eat a pilaf without it, but I even have it with plain steamed rice with no additional ingredients.
    - Most people don't like soggy cold cereal. I love it.
    - Tomato juice with pizza, burger or any sandwich.
    - Raw vegetables, the way they are. No chopping or additional ingredients necessary. This includes things like cauliflower, cabbage and and lettuce. Kids used to make fun of me for bringing a head of lettuce to school and peeling the leaves one by one as an after lunch snack, or a tomato and eating it like an apple.
    - Pearled barley with honey, microwaved
    - Apple slices dipped in cheese sauce.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Both watermelon/feta and watermelon/feta/tomato are popular salads around here in the summer. I especially love the latter especially.

Apple/apple pie and cheddar cheese is a classic combination too, although cheese sauce I'm not sure about.

I adore raw cabbage (also plain kimchi and anything pickled) and my sister eats raw spinach. I like raw spinach in a salad, of course, but don't find just the leaves interesting.

Another pepperoncini thing for me is it with cheese, so I clearly have to try the cream cheese combination fishshark mentioned.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I have some weird eating habits that do not sound very appetizing to many, here are some:

- Watermelon and feta cheese.
    - Greek yogurt and green grapes. May not sound weird, but to people around me it is because I grew up on Greek yogurt as a savory food.
    - My sandwiches are usually very minimal. Like only cheese and bread, Greek yogurt and bread, hummus and bread...etc. Used to add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to almost all of my sandwiches pressing it into the bread, but those days are gone.
    - When I was a child I used to really love butter and sugar or butter and salt sandwiches. A sandwich, with only butter and sugar or salt.
    - I did not grow up eating cold cereals as a child, but I made my own before even knowing they existed. I used to tear a bagel into pieces, add some raisins, then drown it in milk.
    - Chips and buttermilk. I'd have a cup of buttermilk and sip every now and then while eating potato chips.
    - Rice and yogurt mixed together. I can't eat a pilaf without it, but I even have it with plain steamed rice with no additional ingredients.
    - Most people don't like soggy cold cereal. I love it.
    - Tomato juice with pizza, burger or any sandwich.
    - Raw vegetables, the way they are. No chopping or additional ingredients necessary. This includes things like cauliflower, cabbage and and lettuce. Kids used to make fun of me for bringing a head of lettuce to school and peeling the leaves one by one as an after lunch snack, or a tomato and eating it like an apple.
    - Pearled barley with honey, microwaved
    - Apple slices dipped in cheese sauce.

LOVE watermelon with feta/goat cheese. I also love just bread butter and salt. Preferably crusty artisan bread but any will do!
  • fishshark
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Both watermelon/feta and watermelon/feta/tomato are popular salads around here in the summer. I especially love the latter especially.

Apple/apple pie and cheddar cheese is a classic combination too, although cheese sauce I'm not sure about.

I adore raw cabbage (also plain kimchi and anything pickled) and my sister eats raw spinach. I like raw spinach in a salad, of course, but don't find just the leaves interesting.

Another pepperoncini thing for me is it with cheese, so I clearly have to try the cream cheese combination fishshark mentioned.

its soo good! Im eating it right now actually!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Mine are mostly sandwich-related. Some of these are weirder than others... :)

Peanut butter and onion or PB/bacon sandwiches - my hubby got me into that, and the PB/onion combination sounded awful but he eventually persuaded me to try a bite. I was hooked!

Chip butties! (Proper British chips (chunky fries) in a sandwich.) Also, bacon butties with HP sauce.

Crisp sandwiches - crisps (potato chips) in a sandwich, either on their own or just added to whatever else is already in the sandwich.

Fried egg sandwiches.

Banana and honey sandwiches.

Like amusedmonkey, I also used to have sugar sandwiches sometimes. (And I have also eaten tomatoes like apples. :) )

A friend of mine used to make sandwiches with cheese and jam/jelly - said it was a 'sweet & sour' kind of taste, but I tried it and it didn't appeal to me!

My hubby likes to have bread with soup, but will tear it up and stir it into the soup to make it soggy. I'll dip mine, but I hate it going soggy like that!

As a child I used to love getting a glass of milk and a slice or two of fresh bread - I'd tear off a piece of bread, scrunch it up to make a firm 'pellet', then dunk it in the milk before eating it. I have no idea why!

Like someone else mentioned above, almost anything can go in a sandwich... my dad was especially fond of stuffing any leftovers between two slices of bread!

Warm Yorkshire pudding with ice cream - just try it, it is fabulous! The little mini Yorkshires are perfect, you can sit a little scoop of ice cream in them and drizzle a bit of sauce on top. Yum! :)

• rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Bologna/summer sausage and yogurt. Really like the combination. Dunno why, I have always liked it since I was a kid.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Sicilian orange, olive, and onion salad with vinaigrette; peanut butter and bacon sandwiches (just had one not long ago). Burgers with slaw on them, Southern style. Shrimp and grits.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @SueSueDio , nothing weird about a fried egg sandwich. I love egg sandwiches (and burritos). Any combination of peanut butter, banana and honey as a sandwich is delicious. I used to put potato chips on tuna sandwiches often. As a kid, I used to eat lettuce sandwiches, just lettuce, Miracle Whip and lots of salt. This last one was usually when groceries were in short supply in the house.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Beerios. It's exactly what it sounds like. Honey nut with something hoppy is the best.
  • beautifulsparkles
    beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Cous cous with lemon and soy sauce
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bagels with either mustard or pizza sauce.
  • fishshark
    Options
    sbl1881 wrote: »
    Bagels with either mustard or pizza sauce.

pizza bagels are heaven!