Favorite cereal?

Options

Replies

• DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Homemade, grain free Paleo/Primal cereal which consists of almond slivers, pecans, unsweetened shredded coconut, cinnamon and either blueberries, red/black raspberries or strawberries covered in coconut milk. SO good...just had some to break an 18 hour fast.

Wow. That sounds PHENOMENAL!!! I don't eat grains for breakfast either. I used to be a cereal junkie! ;)
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Grape Nuts Cereal - It's a great source of Whole Grains and complex carbs.

Regular Flavored Oatmeal. With the oatmeal thing, I often add Flax seeds or I will add a Tablespoon of Peanut Butter.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    ooh... its a tie between Fruity Pebbles and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. mmm mmm good!
  • BigClaire88
    Options
    My favourite would have to be cinnamon grahams but I think they changed their name and since joining MFP I havn't had any. Instead I've been having Alpen swiss recipe or special K honey clusters with some fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and cherries mixed in, it makes an otherwise fairly dull bowl of cereal really tasty and I feel good eating it!
  • joyoungolivia
    joyoungolivia Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    my fave is the packets of oat so simple, because it keeps u full for a while and the little packet is handy to measure the milk in, its tasty too and low in calories! perfect for me!
  • NiallWallace
    NiallWallace Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    2 Weetabix with SS milk, always keeps me going longer than a large bowl of other stuff too.

I always ate Weetabix but switched to Oatabix a few months ago - It's great, I highly recommend it.

Yeah, I had the Oatabix a few times, found myself adding sugar to them for a bit before adjusting to the different taste. Got some Chocolate Weetabix too.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Kelloggs Smart Start Maple Brown Sugar..LOVE IT!!! Serving size is 1 and 1/4 cup and 5 grams of fiber..Sooooo Yummy.
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    If I'm not having oatmeal, I'd prefer Raisin Bran but I'm sure its high in sugar.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Homemade, grain free Paleo/Primal cereal which consists of almond slivers, pecans, unsweetened shredded coconut, cinnamon and either blueberries, red/black raspberries or strawberries covered in coconut milk. SO good...just had some to break an 18 hour fast.

I'll have to try this one! I'm Primal/Paleo as well. Sounds delicious.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Special K Fruit n Yogurt, and basically ANYTHING Kashi.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options

I'll have to try this one! I'm Primal/Paleo as well. Sounds delicious.

There is a product called rawnola - totally grain free and very similar to what you described. Love it and eat it without "milk" - especially after a hard WOD.
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Multigrain Cheerios (they're just a little sweet) with a handful of blueberries and almond milk. Delish, way low in calories, way high in lots of good stuff. :)
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I love the special k with strawberries very filling,
    also love the fiber one mini wheat squares
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Can you please share the recipe? Do you make it in advance?
    THANK!
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Coco puffs is my favorite, but I don't eat it anymore. I like Kashi Go Lean with unsweetened Almond milk if I'm craving cereal. I also like Steel cut oatmeal with 1/4c fiber one mixed in.
  • bossymom
    bossymom Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup Special K Protein Plus topped with 3/4 cup soy milk. Throw a few berries on top sometimes.
  • cassieeee10
    Options
    multi grain cheerios
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I too LOVE cereal. For breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, anytime!!! I love

Honey Nut cheerios
    Cinnamon burst cheerios
    Total raisin bran
    Cascadian Farms cinnamon toast crunch
    Frosted mini wheat
    Special K

I like a lot of other's too but these are the ones I eat now as they are a bit healthier than say, captain crunch!!!

Enjoy that cereal girl.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Ummm, this thread is making me remember when I was a kid and loved Golden Grahams, Fruity Pebbles, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch! The old commercials for them on YouTube are fun to watch :)
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Life Cereal!