Fit for Fall Challenge - 6/20 - 9/05

Options

Replies

• oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    BTW, my "new" exercise this week, is getting back to my JM DVDs (I have BFBM and 30DS). I haven't done either of them in a long time and they are such great burns. I hope to use them at least 2x this week in addition to my jogging and ultimate firsbee
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Today goals
    1) walking calorie burned 345
    2) 30 Day Shred calories burrned 276.... D15L2......1/2 way done!
    3) water---6/7
    4) weights---6/7 started this challenge on tuesday
    total calories burned = 621
    DONE!!!!!!
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    oops
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    oops

Sorry for all the posts I am changing the "Core" from Turbo Fire to the "Abs 10" form Turbo Fire:happy:
  • appleskye
    appleskye Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi everyone - can I still join this challenge? I know I'm a week late but I would love to give it a try! Looks like you are doing a great job with the spreadsheet and everything! Here are my numbers:

(SW: 170)
    CW: 156
    GW: 145
    (Ultimate goal: 130)
    My NSV goal is to walk for 1 hour 5 days a week while it's still summer!

Looks like I need to lose a little more than 1lb a week to reach my goal. I think I can do it, and hopefully even more! Good luck with the weigh-in tomorrow everyone! Next week's challenges sound great.
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    :wink: Yes i've finally managed to get my water in!!! 14 glasses today, it's so hot at the moment i feel like a wilted lettuce leaf.:sick: :sick: :sick:
  • angelaclev
    angelaclev Posts: 95
    Options
    I would like to do this...maybe I will be able to lol. Here are my goals.
    CW: 196
    GW:160
    NSV: I want to run a 5K
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing on the challenge ideas as usual with this group! Since I'm off the running for the time being I have to find something else to do anyways and this will help me focus. For this week I'm going to do the Self magazine Your Best Body Fast workouts. There are 8 total on Hulu and I just put them all in my queue.

So the birthday weekend has been a bit rough with the food, but good with the activity level so I'm not quite sure what to expect for the weigh in tomorrow. After 5 days of eating higher calories (3 intentional, 2 not) I'm going to go back down to my regular level and see what happens. Yesterdays calories got a bit out of control going out for drinks with my friends but the rest of the time I stayed in a reasonable range so I'm hoping no negative effects on the scale tomorrow!
  • CatFixer
    CatFixer Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi,
    I'd really love to join you, even though I'm a week late. Here is my info:
    CW (6/26): 155
    GW (9/05): 146
    NSV: lower my BP by 5 points
    Thanks for posting this!

Lisa
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    i've really been struggling with these last few lbs. so i need some support. i would love to join if u will have me. i just made a new weekly work out plan for myself. i hope it helps. Here is my info:
    CW (6/26): 159
    GW (9/05): 153
    NSV: b a runner

[/quote]
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Great challenges this week, Olivia!!

My 'new exercises' will be Zumba, Jillian's Ri30 Week #4, Jillian's BFBM
    Protein - roasted, unsalted almonds; peanut butter; FiberOne chewy bars, salmon, talapia - these are all daily staples in my meals.

Welcome to the new members!!! I have a posting at the top of page 10 that summarizes the challenge; and I have a posting at the top of page 16 that provides the Google Doc link (copy/paste into your web browser) to view the file.

Closing out Wk #1 challenge:
    Exercise: 5/7
    Water: 7/7
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'd really love to join you, even though I'm a week late. Here is my info:
    CW (6/26): 155
    GW (9/05): 146
    NSV: lower my BP by 5 points
    Thanks for posting this!

Lisa

That's a great NSV!! My favorite success stories on here are when people post about going to the doctor after 6 months (or however long) on MFP, and have normalized their blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. and are able to come off their meds. That seems to be a really rewarding outcome of this whole process. :)
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to join this challenge if I still can! I'm running my second half marathon on 9/04, so this will be great motivation to get out and do my training! :)

SW: 214
    CW: 209
    GW: 189 (with all the running I'm going a bit lofty and shooting for 2 lbs/week and the elusive sub-190!)
    NSV: Finish my half marathon with a better time than my first- double tough as I'm running the Disneyland half and need ot include time for photos of course! (3:09:15)

Thanks!!!
  • bhuntington12
    Options
    I hope you all will let me join a week late. Needing a little extra push to get back on track. Here are my stats:

CW: 130 (6/26)

GW: 115

NSV: Gain back the confidence I once had about my body and cut out all the junk food.
  • Barrettmomof3
    Barrettmomof3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well Im glad to see so many people joining in. I wish everyone Luck.

Rounding out week #1 Challenge
    Water 7/7
    Weights 5/7

Looking forward to week #2 challenge.
  • Snow44
    Snow44 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in!
    CW 179
    GW 162
    Aug. 28th Walk Half Marathon!
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    CW: 246 Good luck everyone!
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow everyone!!
    Great new challenges Olivia...and yes I am cheering, lol. I usually don't have a problem getting in protein, unfortunately I'm a crazy cheese lover but have really been trying to watch that. I do love my peanut butter though...and usually have an egg in the morning and some type of protein at lunch and supper.
    Love the new exercise challenge as well...while I just recently started up the 30DS, I don't do it everyday, I get bored with it. I'm a lover of changing it up. I had talked about doing the No More Trouble Zones by Jillian, and now seems like the perfect time to start.
    Not sure if the scale will be kind to me tomorrow or not...TOM is here (booooo), and the shred ALWAYS makes me gain at first. But I will stay the course because only good things can come from it and I'm determined to break this big fat plateau I've been struggling with.
  • gloriaandison
    Options
    I would love to make this my first Challenge! I'm having a hard time staying consistent, and this might help. I've been on a plateau for months, and am determined to get past this soon, as my husband and I have booked a trip to Hawaii in February, and would love to feel comfortable enough by then to not be worrying about how I look!

CW: 237
    GW for September 5/11: 210
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am starting P90X tomorrow, so that will be my new excerise.

Closing out this week:
    Weights: 6/7
    Water: 4/7

Feel pretty good, seeing as how I started the challenge a day late :)