On-line date winner ? I may win....

Options

Replies

• Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    J. If that was what a women said to a guy, most likely the guy would be cool with it and either moved on or lost weight. Most guys wouldn't take it personally but men have to understand women are a lot more sensitive about it.

LOL 90% of the time when i turn down a man he throws a temper tantrum

its pretty rare that they understand and move on without insulting my appearance first or calling me some kinda slut

Yah..ive heard stories!...guys (not men) can be sissies and lash out like kindergartners when they get dissed or ignored..
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    J. If that was what a women said to a guy, most likely the guy would be cool with it and either moved on or lost weight. Most guys wouldn't take it personally but men have to understand women are a lot more sensitive about it.

LOL 90% of the time when i turn down a man he throws a temper tantrum

its pretty rare that they understand and move on without insulting my appearance first or calling me some kinda slut

I didn't even think you liked guys? I was way off. My sincerest apologies.

im bisexual.. you do know what that means right?
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    So. . I have to ask.. First off, the OP looks fantastic (if that's what she really looks like) . . HOWEVER!. . I have been on enough online dates to know that the rule (not the exception) is that the person that shows up doesn't look like their pictures and is generally much heavier than their pictures suggest. I suppose I'm an asshat and a jerk and all that stuff for not being able to "see past it" etc. . but sorry. . can't.

So.. the question is.. What should the guy have done? How SHOULD he have dealt with this. . And I'm not asking for judgy comments about how he shouldn't be so vain or superficial. People like what they like. I am intimately aware of this curse. I am asking this because I genuinely would like advice on this. The reason I don't online date anymore is because I hate the part where I have to tortuously explain that I like her but "we just aren't a match". This is especially painful when we've spent too much time getting to know each other before the date. In my case I don't even bother asking if she's working on it. .I just dump her. . Is that the preferred option?

Wow, I didn't realize that there was such a response.... The picture was literally taken 3 days before I met him and I have asked others, if it looks like me, just to check if If am crazy and it does, it looks like me!

I think that you can just say that there is not chemistry and leave it that. When I wrote him back, I did tell him that I appreciated his honesty, but that although I am working on it, I was not interested in pursuing things. I would forever be self-conscious. I want to be wanted without conditions.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    as they say about online dating

women worry they will get raped or murdered , men's biggest concern is they will meet a fat woman

you will find someone who is actually worthy , no worries

Who knew this was a saying...

• TrailBlaz3n
    TrailBlaz3n Posts: 60 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @amfmmama's date said way too much in the text. Too much critiquing and explaining. It would of just been easier if he said, "You're an awesome person and we can be friends if you'd like. I just didn't feel any chemistry and that's a big deal to me".
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Is your big toe overweight or something? Otherwise, I'm not seeing any weight issue.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    odusgolp wrote: »

women worry they will get raped or murdered , men's biggest concern is they will meet a fat woman

I didn't until I met a fat woman who tried to rape and murder me. I was cool with it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You're way too good for him. Next!
  • jnichel
    Options
    odusgolp wrote: »

I didn't until I met a fat woman who tried to rape and murder me. I was cool with it.

That's the only kind of woman I'll date....makes the night more exciting.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    In the last several months of being an OKC member, I spent a lot of time perusing profiles and deciding what was most important to me. I decided that sense of humor was most important, and you have demonstrated that you have plenty of that. So you really check all the right boxes with me.

Well...apparently that wasn't what was the most important to him.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    "don't have a job, hey you're missing teeth"

Valid reasons to not want a second date, regardless of gender.

And, you know what, if the guy wasn't attracted, he wasn't attracted. That isn't the issue. The issue is he should have left it at that. He isn't interested. He didn't have to insult her. He was nasty and it was unnecessary and if a woman sent that text to a man, I would have the same response. It isn't OK. It's a power grab. It's abusive and controlling. Anyone who dates someone like that is going to be sorry in the long-run. That isn't a good person.

And not because he isn't attracted to a certain body type, but because he felt the need to assert control over another human being in that way. If he hadn't taken issue with her weight, I would bet all the money I have that he would have found something else to complain about and ask her to change for him. She could have been a supermodel and he would have come up with something. His intention was to tear her down and make her feel bad about herself.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    rml_16 wrote: »
    "don't have a job, hey you're missing teeth"

Valid reasons to not want a second date, regardless of gender.

And, you know what, if the guy wasn't attracted, he wasn't attracted. That isn't the issue. The issue is he should have left it at that. He isn't interested. He didn't have to insult her. He was nasty and it was unnecessary and if a woman sent that text to a man, I would have the same response. It isn't OK. It's a power grab. It's abusive and controlling. Anyone who dates someone like that is going to be sorry in the long-run. That isn't a good person.

And not because he isn't attracted to a certain body type, but because he felt the need to assert control over another human being in that way. If he hadn't taken issue with her weight, I would bet all the money I have that he would have found something else to complain about and ask her to change for him. She could have been a supermodel and he would have come up with something. His intention was to tear her down and make her feel bad about herself.

You're giving most men too much credit. Most guys don't think that far into it. It's typical male prioritization. She met all of the other requirements except his definition of female physical beauty and he thought it was appropriate to point that out and request that she cater to his desires. I agree that he should have just stated that he thought she was nice but didn't see a future for them and looked for what he wanted elsewhere. Playing devil's advocate, I don't think he thought he was coming across insulting. Some guys are just that way. Heck, a lot of guys are that way.
  • Antd420
    Antd420 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    amfmmama wrote: »
    This was the text I got after a first date I went on with a man I met online. I had sent him a full pic, taken from 5 days before. No filter, unedited, picture.

Ok, perhaps I read too much into that initial reaction. From my perspective, I think you have a beautiful face, I mean, I got a little mesmerized looking at you across the table a couple of times. You have an A+ personality, and clearly have a very big heart. Listening to you talk about your camp and your work with special needs kids left me humbled. You're a very special person. In the last several months of being an OKC member, I spent a lot of time perusing profiles and deciding what was most important to me. I decided that sense of humor was most important, and you have demonstrated that you have plenty of that. So you really check all the right boxes with me. Now I want to be totally honest with you, no BS. I was a little surprised by your weight. Your pics seemed to indicate that you were thinner. Is that a show stopper? Not necessarily. It's an issue if it gets out of control. I guess I would like to know if it's something you're working on, is it something you see as important to work on? I don't need you to have a perfect body, I just want a partner who thinks it's important to maintain a healthy weight. I'm not asking you to lose weight for me, that would make me a real *kitten*. I guess I'm asking if you are in the process of losing weight and going in the direction. If so, I definitely want to see more of you. If not, I don't think it would work between us, and that pains me to type because I think you're a really special woman

ewpfd4t7ja38.jpeg

LMAO, That's awesome
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I actually applaud this guy's honesty. He could have just "disappeared", but I always hated the unknown-no-closure-giving-asshats, so at least you got that: closure.
  • amfmmama
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »
    Is your big toe overweight or something? Otherwise, I'm not seeing any weight issue.

I think I love you!
  • mmanwoolf
    mmanwoolf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are very beautiful!
  • jnichel
    Options

I think I love you!

That's nice and all, but we're going to have to discuss that big toe. :p
  • amfmmama
    Options

I think I love you!

If it helps, I am working on it and moving in the right direction...
  • jnichel
    Options

I think I love you!

If it helps, I am working on it and moving in the right direction...

10/10. Would call in the morning. B)