Low carb and not losing!!!

Been low carving and not losing liked I should. I mean not even a lb a week. I know I am a 100% on plan. Not jumping over 30grams of carbs a day. Not saying past 6 pm, working out 4-5 days a week, eating enough protein. What's going on!!!

Replies

• rerez2015
    rerez2015 Posts: 72 Member
    It is completely normal to not lose every week. Lot's of different factors can cause this. You may be eating too much dairy or not drinking enough water. You may be losing inches and not weight right now, you may need to lower your carbs, eat a little less fat OR your body could simply be taking a break. Maybe you are eating too many calories? Everyone is different and we all lose at different rates. I have to stick at 20 total carbs a day and I eat about 1350 calories a day and drink 8 glasses of water a day. I do not lose every week and I never cheat, but I never give up and know I will reach my goal. We need to be patient with ourselves and our body. This is a lifestyle.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    tv3mTVK.jpg
  • MsBuzzkillington
    MsBuzzkillington Posts: 171 Member
    The only thing that will help you lose weight is a low calorie diet, as in less than you're burning. It doesn't matter if you eat lots of carbs or after 6pm.

You can also eat lots of fat.
  • downa100
    downa100 Posts: 184 Member
    Low carb will help me cause I am PCOS I need to be on low carb to actually see weight loss. I am not logging in my good or measuring anything and yes I am eating lots of dairy but didn't know this would hinder weight loss
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Eating 30g of carbs will do nothing for weight loss unless you are in a calorie deficit.

rerez2015 wrote: »
    It is completely normal to not lose every week. Lot's of different factors can cause this. You may be eating too much dairy or not drinking enough water. You may be losing inches and not weight right now, you may need to lower your carbs, eat a little less fat OR your body could simply be taking a break. Maybe you are eating too many calories? Everyone is different and we all lose at different rates. I have to stick at 20 total carbs a day and I eat about 1350 calories a day and drink 8 glasses of water a day. I do not lose every week and I never cheat, but I never give up and know I will reach my goal. We need to be patient with ourselves and our body. This is a lifestyle.

Neither of the highlighted pointers from this poster will effect your weight loss, you could consume your daily calorie allowance in dairy and still loose weight, similarly only drinking a couple cups of water a day also will not have any effect. That said I'd be cautious on taking most of this advice as fact, she is however correct on the possibility of eating to many calories.
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    tv3mTVK.jpg
    This says it all in a nutshell.
  • downa100
    Thank you all. I will try logging in my food and see where I am calorie wise maybe that would help resolve the plateau
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

If you ask in there, you'll find like minded people who will be able to look at your diary and maybe see some stumbling blocks or offer ideas.
  • downa100
    So you all suggest going low calorie not low carb right
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    downa100 wrote: »

Not necessarily. Low carb works because it makes it easier for some people to eat the correct amount of calories without feeling hungry. I also know it is recommended when you have PCOS, but I don't have any experience with that so I don't know why.

So eat low carb if it helps you feel satiated while eating the right amount of calories, or if you have medical reasons.

Calories for weight loss/gain.
    Macros (carbs, protein, fat) for satiety and health.

Good luck!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Regardless of whether you are doing low carb, or any other way of eating, if you are not in a calorie deficit, you will not lose weight. Some people have medical reasons for monitoring/reducing carb intake, some people find it to be a sustainable way of eating. If you don't have a medical reason, and don't find it to be a sustainable way of eating, then I don't think it is a particularly viable solution for long term success.
  • downa100
    kimny72 wrote: »

Not necessarily. Low carb works because it makes it easier for some people to eat the correct amount of calories without feeling hungry. I also know it is recommended when you have PCOS, but I don't have any experience with that so I don't know why.

So eat low carb if it helps you feel satiated while eating the right amount of calories, or if you have medical reasons.

Calories for weight loss/gain.
    Macros (carbs, protein, fat) for satiety and health.

Good luck!

Got it thank you started today low carb and 1500 Cals. Let's see how this week goes
  • downa100
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Regardless of whether you are doing low carb, or any other way of eating, if you are not in a calorie deficit, you will not lose weight. Some people have medical reasons for monitoring/reducing carb intake, some people find it to be a sustainable way of eating. If you don't have a medical reason, and don't find it to be a sustainable way of eating, then I don't think it is a particularly viable solution for long term success.

It was recommended for my PCOS, Doctor said it will speed up weight loss and help keep my blood sugar low. I am fine with this woe but obviously what I was doing wrong is not monitoring calories. I was eating all I was as long as it's low carb, obviously doesn't work this way so started 1500 low carb calories today. Will see how what will go this week. Probably needs 2 weeks to kick in and see results.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Been low carving and not losing liked I should. I mean not even a lb a week. I know I am a 100% on plan. Not jumping over 30grams of carbs a day. Not saying past 6 pm, working out 4-5 days a week, eating enough protein. What's going on!!!

I did not lose even 1 pound for the first six weeks on LCHF but did lose my fat face and an inch at the waist. Stay the course for 90 days and re evaluate perhaps.