So this guy stares at me at gym....

Options

Replies

• Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I am expecting updates..let us know how the smile works! :)
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I say... find another gym where you can work out wihtouth the social pressure :)
  • FunbagsMcGee
    FunbagsMcGee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i said a bang bang bangity bang
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with a woman making the first move. It was the OP who said she didn't want to.
  • saramickeydee
    saramickeydee Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    If he is interested enough he 'll let you know. It's not your job to make the first move so don't. Until he begins to chat with you and extends an invitation to have coffee, don't allow it to occupy your thoughts too much.

Why can't or shouldn't the woman make the first move? It's 2016.

Because it makes a 2016 gal look too eager, and consequently, she'll appear vulnerable or, ahem, a tad too easy. It will probably give him psychological leverage within the budding dynamics of their relationship - leverage she'd be wise to reserve for herself until she understands his character and his intentions.

Meh, I knew this gal once who made the first move...we're married now for going on 11 years...16 years together total...so way back in 2000 this was fine.

Srsly, what century do you live in?

18 1/2 years married and I made the first move. 21 years together. So way back in 1995 this was fine.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with a woman making the first move. It was the OP who said she didn't want to.

I was responding to another poster who said she shouldn't regardless...reading skillzzz
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    If he is interested enough he 'll let you know. It's not your job to make the first move so don't. Until he begins to chat with you and extends an invitation to have coffee, don't allow it to occupy your thoughts too much.

Because it makes a 2016 gal look too eager, and consequently, she'll appear vulnerable or, ahem, a tad too easy. It will probably give him psychological leverage within the budding dynamics of their relationship - leverage she'd be wise to reserve for herself until she understands his character and his intentions.

Meh, I knew this gal once who made the first move...we're married now for going on 11 years...16 years together total...so way back in 2000 this was fine.

18 1/2 years married and I made the first move. 21 years together. So way back in 1995 this was fine.

I made the first move in 1986. so I guess it was fine 30 yrs ago too and I was 18 and he was 23 . LOL

• Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »

I made the first move in 1986. so I guess it was fine 30 yrs ago too and I was 18 and he was 23 . LOL

My mother made the first move. They've been together since late 1989.
    Nothing wrong with women making the first move if they want to.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »

I agree. So many women miss out on great relationships because they were taught that the man should make the first move. My mom taught me and my sister that. I didn't listen to my mom and I am happily married 28 yrs in August. My sister thinks if a man is a "real" man he will pursue her she is still alone at 45.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I was responding to another poster who said she shouldn't regardless...reading skillzzz

No. I know. I was just sticking my 2 cents worth in. :)
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Tuffaknee wrote: »
    Rottified wrote: »

I agree. So many women miss out on great relationships because they were taught that the man should make the first move. My mom taught me and my sister that. I didn't listen to my mom and I am happily married 28 yrs in August. My sister thinks if a man is a "real" man he will pursue her she is still alone at 45.

This is one reason so many women end up with d-bags. Some of the nicest, most amazing men are the ones who are too shy to approach you.

YESSSSSS!!!!!

That would be my sister. Then she dates like every 10 yrs cuz she's built this defensive wall and doesn't trust anyone.

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with the woman making the first move but OP said she suffers from social anxiety...so I think she's best to go thw simple smile and wave route.
  • saramickeydee
    saramickeydee Posts: 115 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with the woman making the first move but OP said she suffers from social anxiety...so I think she's best to go thw simple smile and wave route.

Yeah, I think we were just having a happy little side conversation. My apologies to the OP.

edit: stupid typo
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »

A healthy relationship shouldn't have 2 sides vying for more leverage.

Idealistic realities and realistic realities. When they compete, the realistic prevail 90% of the time. When rolling the dice, it's best to go with the better odds.
    What a warped perception of reality you must have if you think two people working with each other (instead of against each other) to build a relationship is unrealistic.