What do you do for a living? Is it active.

Options
twatson76
twatson76 Posts: 17 Member
I'm a High voltage Lineman. Very active career. What do you do?

Replies

• Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Health and safety manager by day, guitar teacher on an evening. I spend waay too much time sat down.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Production Control Management. Sit at a desk in front of a computer for the last 14 years. At 61, I couldn't do the things I did when I was younger. A couple years to retirement.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Oil field geologist...unemployed...not as active as I need to be or would be if I was working.
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Daycare Provider...I spend a lot of time on my feet but only moving in small distances.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Katerbels wrote: »
    Daycare Provider...I spend a lot of time on my feet but only moving in small distances.

Yeah I am an early childhood music teacher. It seems like I'm really busy but when I actually count my steps, I fall into the lightly active category pretty easily.
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Yeah I am an early childhood music teacher. It seems like I'm really busy but when I actually count my steps, I fall into the lightly active category pretty easily.

Isn't it SO frustrating? Some days my back is sore by noon and I know I haven't sat down since I drove here and yet my step count is so very low. Lately I've been pacing the deck or playground any few minutes I can spare to add in some extra steps and try to beat my daily goal.
  • twatson76
    twatson76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Isn't it SO frustrating? Some days my back is sore by noon and I know I haven't sat down since I drove here and yet my step count is so very low. Lately I've been pacing the deck or playground any few minutes I can spare to add in some extra steps and try to beat my daily goal.

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Quality and Document Control... Basically I sit at a desk all day.
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm out there in the finance world. Let me tell you, it is a pretty lazy world. The most exercise you get is walking to and from the bathroom/kitchen/cafeteria.
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Radio announcer. It isn't active unless you count how much I run my mouth.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Scientist. Mentally active, but not physically active. I'm mostly stuck at a desk most of the day.
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Technical supervisor. Half the time sitting but half on the production floor, so slightly active overall I think.
  • jules159
    jules159 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Accountant at a utility company. Only activity I get during the day is walking to and from the printer. I do go out and take a walk at lunch when the weather is decent. Need to get away from my desk or I go nuts.
  • cory_hudack
    cory_hudack Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do accounting. Not active at all. However my company is becoming more health conscious and buying employees stand up desks if they want them. I got one and waiting for my portable elliptical to arrive! I'll be exercising at my desk any day now
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Lab tech/Animal husbandry in bio-medical research. Highly active. Average 14-16k steps a day, 10k by lunch.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Engineer. I sit way, way, way too much.
  • liftinggoddess123
    liftinggoddess123 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Nanny I don't tend to sit down!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Software engineer, but only part-time. I work 3 days week while my little kids are in pre-school. The rest of the time I'm raising 3 kids ages 7, 5, and 3. I'm pretty active - they keep me busy. That and being a wife to a military man who is hardly ever around keeps me even busier.
  • nadimsabra
    nadimsabra Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Pokemon Master