Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Day 11

I gave in and found a hairdresser in the city. Thank goodness I really needed to get rid of the gray. Even if no one sees me other than my strike partner and supervisor. I had to get it done before Nashville!

I keep meaning to mention to Mo that I keep seeing the most spectacular skyline view on the way out of the city. The other night the sun was seeing and all the buildings in lower Manhattan were lit up pink and they had their lights on. Just gorgeous. I wished I could take a pic but traffic is so bad I don't want to risk it.

I also realized I accidentally sent the game of thrones game to my office so need to get there too pick it up before leaving for Nashville. I needed to do my expenses anyway. Another long day....

I would love to see the NYC skyline at sunset, but PLEASE don't risk your life for me. I love you and I'm glad you're being safe. You ladies have so much fun in Nashville, and give Nicci and Tammy huge hugs for me. Mel too, if she can make it.

ETA: I request pictures of you new hair. :smiley:

Looks same as always!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Good luck marathon ladies!!! <3
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Day 11

I gave in and found a hairdresser in the city. Thank goodness I really needed to get rid of the gray. Even if no one sees me other than my strike partner and supervisor. I had to get it done before Nashville!

I keep meaning to mention to Mo that I keep seeing the most spectacular skyline view on the way out of the city. The other night the sun was seeing and all the buildings in lower Manhattan were lit up pink and they had their lights on. Just gorgeous. I wished I could take a pic but traffic is so bad I don't want to risk it.

I also realized I accidentally sent the game of thrones game to my office so need to get there too pick it up before leaving for Nashville. I needed to do my expenses anyway. Another long day....

I would love to see the NYC skyline at sunset, but PLEASE don't risk your life for me. I love you and I'm glad you're being safe. You ladies have so much fun in Nashville, and give Nicci and Tammy huge hugs for me. Mel too, if she can make it.

Looks same as always!

I still request a picture. I miss your face.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    The flight has been a nightmare! We are currently back in London, awaiting a flight to jfk. I had pull a fast one to get on a flight tonight, saying I was taking part in the marathon

Well, I'm glad you're getting into the States, but it's still stressful dealing with it all!
    Enjoy New York! Do you get to Nashville tomorrow then?

Yes, arrive 9am tomorrow. We had a quiet word with one of the crew and said u had to be there tomorrow to get my number. Luckily her son just did the Manchester marathon so she knew what I meant and let us cut the line and got her colleague not out us on a flight tonight. We intend to use our few hours lay over to see the sights in NYC

Smart move! I think it's funny you are in NY. You should have laid over another day and we could have flown together!

I couldn't, only reason we got on last night's jfk flight was because I said I had to be in Nashville today.

And after 36 hours of travelling, numerous screw ups, we have finally arrived and I am going to get some sleep, as I feel extremely exhausted

Sleep well!
    Dan is coming in this afternoon. I think the boys want to cook things with fire tonight. (grilling some pork steaks like real southerners)

If you have a car and aren't shopping til you drop all night, you can come by and have some dinner/drinks with us.
    Or we could come that way and connect later?
    We need to figure out the logistics of the weekend... :)
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    The flight has been a nightmare! We are currently back in London, awaiting a flight to jfk. I had pull a fast one to get on a flight tonight, saying I was taking part in the marathon

Well, I'm glad you're getting into the States, but it's still stressful dealing with it all!

Yes, arrive 9am tomorrow. We had a quiet word with one of the crew and said u had to be there tomorrow to get my number. Luckily her son just did the Manchester marathon so she knew what I meant and let us cut the line and got her colleague not out us on a flight tonight. We intend to use our few hours lay over to see the sights in NYC

Smart move! I think it's funny you are in NY. You should have laid over another day and we could have flown together!

I couldn't, only reason we got on last night's jfk flight was because I said I had to be in Nashville today.

And after 36 hours of travelling, numerous screw ups, we have finally arrived and I am going to get some sleep, as I feel extremely exhausted

Sleep well!
    Dan is coming in this afternoon. I think the boys want to cook things with fire tonight. (grilling some pork steaks like real southerners)

If you have a car and aren't shopping til you drop all night, you can come by and have some dinner/drinks with us.

Fun.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Sleep well!

Nicci is picking me up. I think we'll head to expose then. I'll text you when I land to confirm. I get in around 10:30.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Can you imagine if they hadn't let you on?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    rmw84rwg6ke6.png

Is that real???
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Day 11

Looks same as always!

I still request a picture. I miss your face.

Awww! We'll post lots of pics! I have strike pics to post too. Just haven't had the time...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Good luck marathon ladies!!! <3

Thank you!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Day 16 of work and strike. Day 15 of unique jeans. I got a flat going into NY today at 5:45 am outside the Holland Tunnel. Had to drive around Jersey City to find a tire place. If any of you are familiar with NY/NJ you know that is not an area to be casually driving around. 1st place there was no parking and didn't open till 9. The next one didn't open till 8:30 and no parking. Finally ended up at a Firestone with parking that opened at 7. They had to keep my car and get a tire. I had to walk about a mile and took the Path into the World Trade Center. Made it to work at 8:20. On the way a striking worker stopped me to hand me a flier and explain why they were on strike. I thanked him and didn't bother to explain I was late to my assignment filling in for him!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Dang half that got cut off. I'll finish it tomorrow too tired to type it again. I did add... BEST of all Wendy is joining us in Nashville!!!!

Nice!
  • raymax4
    Options
    rmw84rwg6ke6.png

Is that real???

No idea, I just thought you may like it
  • raymax4
    Options
    Day 16 of work and strike. Day 15 of unique jeans. I got a flat going into NY today at 5:45 am outside the Holland Tunnel. Had to drive around Jersey City to find a tire place. If any of you are familiar with NY/NJ you know that is not an area to be casually driving around. 1st place there was no parking and didn't open till 9. The next one didn't open till 8:30 and no parking. Finally ended up at a Firestone with parking that opened at 7. They had to keep my car and get a tire. I had to walk about a mile and took the Path into the World Trade Center. Made it to work at 8:20. On the way a striking worker stopped me to hand me a flier and explain why they were on strike. I thanked him and didn't bother to explain I was late to my assignment filling in for him!

Well that is not the preferred method to go to work or get exercise. I hope your car will behave on the way to the airport
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Dang half that got cut off. I'll finish it tomorrow too tired to type it again. I did add... BEST of all Wendy is joining us in Nashville!!!!

Woohoo!!

4AM and now wide awake. My legs ache very badly :( stupid aeroplanes
  • Oberon21
    Options
    rmw84rwg6ke6.png

Is that real???

No idea, I just thought you may like it

It's very cool!