Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Confession: I've been using my husband being home this week as an excuse not to do any exercise. That's why I haven't sought you all out as Fitbit friends :( My calories aren't too bad, but I don't think I'll lose any weight this week through inactivity.

Hey no judgement I gained weight this past week and today was going really well until I got home from work :( whoops
    Confession: I've been using my husband being home this week as an excuse not to do any exercise. That's why I haven't sought you all out as Fitbit friends :( My calories aren't too bad, but I don't think I'll lose any weight this week through inactivity.

Maintaining is also winning, in my opinion. Enjoy your husband time!
    Thanks for the support. Thursday is my 21st wedding anniversary and my goal was to fit back into my dress this year, but I don't think it's looking likely right now.

Regarding the bolded, I can't do that too much. Today was 'V' Day! ;) All went well and he was a brave soldier. I've been nursing him all day and he's pretty cheerful about the whole thing.

Oh wow happy early anniversary!! Such an inspiration when marriages and relationships are successful for so long nowadays!

@Tubbs216 sorry I missed this. Congratulations to you and Mr. Tubbs on 21 incredible years. Here's to many, many more!

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Dahhhh confession- I waaay over ate today! I was back on track for a couple days but completely fell off today. Ugh trying to get my head back in this game!

:( Sorry. You can get back on track again. I know it!

Thanks @FroggyBug !! <3
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    So after all of this pickle talk I have been craving Lays' dill pickle chips. Haven't had them in YEARS and suddenly I am stuck with this huge craving. And to those who say pickles and peanut butter sound gross together, I used to think so too. Then one day I decided to make a sandwich because I might as well see what all the fuss is about... and I LIKED it.

Mmmm Lay potato chips...I love all their flavors :)
  • AneasaB
    AneasaB Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've done the homemade sauna suit and I've never gotten dizzy, light-headed or nearing the point of heat stroke. I drink at least a gallon of water a day and only wear the suit when I walk/job on the treadmill for my cardio days (twice a week).

But as an alternative if you're looking to really sweat try Hot Yoga.... talk about sweating like a dog sheesh!!!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Confession:
    I have not come on this thread for a few days because I felt like the posts I made about my issue with my SO and my issues with struggling to WANT to lose weight were not well received and I felt embarrassed and wished I had not written about those things. Over time I started to feel too comfortable and speaking too freely I guess.

Aww, I'm sorry you are feeling like this. I really enjoy having you on this thread because I feel like I have a lot in common with you and I like hearing your opinions on stuff. I hope I never said anything to make you feel bad.

Hopefully you are doing okay!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Jazzybrass wrote: »
    I am quite behind at the moment, but am responding to a couple of comments.
    1) My hair is fingertip length and I wash it once a week. I also brush it once a day (at night) and go out with whatever state my hair is in after sleeping.
    2) I am in my 20s and have got my first boyfriend who is 9 years younger

Whoa...I read "I am 20, and my first boyfriend is 9 years younger." I was thinking, ELEVEN years old?!? Are you trolling?!? LOL. More coffee needed this morning.

LOL I was trying to do that math, too. I certainly hope the boyfriend is over 18.

When I was 30, I dated a boy who was 9 years younger.
    Yes. Boy. That was not a good situation. I already had 2 kids, I quickly decided to no longer take on the 3rd.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: THREE margaritas last night at the Mexican restaurant, then a copper camel when I got home...

Sounds delish!

It totally was. Vacation eating apparently started the night before...LOL

I always have at least 2 BIG frozen margaritas from my neighborhood joint along with a big plate of chori-pollo. Soooo good. Problem is the margs are so dense they give you the WORST brain freezes ever. I have them add an extra shot of the good stuff to help the melting process. lol

I like mine on the rocks. Don't be watering down my margarita with that blended ice! ;)
    I ate a stuffed avocado. Ever had one? Oh so good! They empty out the avocado skin and fill it with shrimp and crab and cheese, put the avocado on the plate to eat with. Squeeze some lime over that bad boy...mmmmmm!

I have not. Sounds muy excellente! Loooove me some avocado/guac.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    For me, today's magic number must be 2.
    Recorded a 2.2 lbs loss this AM.
    Rode 2 extra miles on the way to work.
    Found a washed and crumpled $2 in my jeans pocket once I got to work.

Awesome day! Are you having a party for your daughter this weekend and if so friends or family?

Thanks! Yes, the party is on Sunday. Both, friends and family! I'll have to cut wide slices so hopefully there will be no cake leftovers other than a extra slice for my girl. lol
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.

Had a whole post on this but it got eaten, so here's myCliffNotes:

*cue creepy music and/or men in white coats to take me away, whichever you prefer*

I don't think you are crazy. Like I said it was the weirdest thing that for a couple years my whole family was experiencing weird things. Loud bangs and tapping noises, things would move on their own etc. Nothing before or since.

A lot of different things happened but here are a couple examples:

~I had a glass candle holder that was sitting behind a couple other items on a shelf. When I got home from work one day the holder was on the floor and the glass was shattered all over the carpet. For this to happen it would have had to have been picked up and moved over the other items in front of it and slammed against the soft carpet.

~I was at work and I worked at the front desk. I heard the elevator chime as I usually did when someone came up them. I heard and saw the door handle jiggle which used to happen a lot (we had glass on the sides and then a locked wooden door). I went to the door to help let the person in but no one was there. I checked the cameras for that time and couldn't see anyone pass by any of the glass windows.

I love hearing stories like this and the others that were posted...but if they happened to me? I'd cry in a corner forever.

If you get scared easily maybe avoid this haha. I don't want to give anyone nightmares. :)
    It was scary. The worst though was just the feeling of being watched at night. I haven't had any problems with this before or since as I said (just for a while during that time period). So people will probably think I'm crazy but I would be trying to sleep and I felt like if I opened my eyes I would see something evil sitting in front of me staring into my face so I NEVER opened my eyes when I felt like that because I didn't want to see anything.

I spent a lot of nights as a child with this fear. Ever heard of 'shadow people'? When I was a kid I saw a tall shadowy figure standing in my doorway every night. I was terrified and couldn't move. This happened in three different houses, until I was about 16. Thankfully I've never seen it since, but my brother and his girlfriend saw something similar a couple years ago in his room. It wasn't until a few years ago that I learned there are people worldwide who have seen something similar. We can't all be crazy, right? ;)

Yes, shadow people totally freak me out. That is something I NEVER want to see EVER. I'm so sorry that you saw that. I have the chills so bad right now.

Ever see the movie KNOWING with Nicolas Cage? There is one hella creepy part at night where dude enters the kids room all slow and daunting. So many chills....
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    So after all of this pickle talk I have been craving Lays' dill pickle chips. Haven't had them in YEARS and suddenly I am stuck with this huge craving. And to those who say pickles and peanut butter sound gross together, I used to think so too. Then one day I decided to make a sandwich because I might as well see what all the fuss is about... and I LIKED it.

Mmmm Lay potato chips...I love all their flavors :)

Me too! So good.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    This is going to sound weird but I wish I knew you guys IRL lol…it helps SO much to be able to talk to someone. I’m the only one in my friend group that has kids, so sometimes I feel like I’m the “weirdo”.

Another woosh last night so I’m only 2 lb away from my first goal now. That’s nice, but all I can see is how far I have left to go :(
    And…would this bother anyone else? My brother in law gave us his car to either keep or sell and use the $ for the boy’s college tuition fund. I was thinking I’d drive it and sell mine. DH was off work yesterday and went and registered it at the Secretary of State. I realized if I sell my car, I will have nothing in my name. Bills, utilities, credit cards are in his name, his car is in his name, mine is in mine, but if I keep BIL’s car, it’s all in his name. It vaguely bothers me, like it’s the 1950’s and everything has to be in the man’s name. I work, I make 2/3 of what he does, but I contribute significantly. Am I being weird about this?

I think you should get a credit card or something in your name. Having your own credit rating is important especially if something happens and you don't have him anymore. (Not thinking anything will). I've heard stories of women who had everything in their husband's name and struggled later trying to do anything when he was gone.

Just my $.02.

Never thought of that. This wouldn't fly for me, but every relationship is different.

I'm the opposite, everything is in my name alone including the mortgage. That's mostly because I have insanely good credit, and my husband's credit situation leaves a lot to be desired. He also makes about 2/3 of what I make. One thing I did was add him to a couple of the credit card accounts so that the good credit info gets reported back for him. I'm still the primary, but it should be helping his credit situation.

I lived alone for most of my adult life and have been very fortunate in my career; I'm very controlling when it comes to money. This works out fine FOR US, but I can see how I would feel differently if I was on the other side of it.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I had the exact thoughts about getting banana gunk on your hands :tongue:

Also, I grew up in South Carolina and I have never had a banana and mayo sandwich. Not only that, but it sounds disgusting to me! I already don't like mayonnaise that much, but maybe I'd like the sandwich. Who knows? I think it was Italian_Buju who mentioned eating tomato and peanut butter sandwiches. All kinds of combinations you'd never think to try out there.

Oh banana sandwiches are heavenly! I need one in my life here soon I do believe! Try it, it's better when there's not a lot of mayo, and it must be dukes mayo! ;)

I agree. They are good. Better than PB & banana. It has to be the grand a perfectly ripened banana, good mayo spread at the perfect thickness and soft, moist bread.

Ugh another who just can't wrap their head around mayo and bananas! I like bananas, they're not my favorite thing in the world but I LOVE mayonnaise- on LOTS.

I am sorry, but bananas and mayonnaise sound disgusting together. I'm not a huge fan of bananas anyway, but don't you DARE sully my precious mayonnaise with one. I almost always ask for extra mayo on sandwiches and burgers.

I do too!!! So good!

Me too! I had to train Mr. Kellie to make sandwiches the way I like them! To clarify, I make his the way he likes his; little mayo and spicy mustard. I'm extra mayo on both sides and sometimes a slice of bread with just mayo! So yummy!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    I wanted to share a small victory too. I ate A LOT last weekend (each day had to have been thousands over with the bbq, cake, smores, Old Chicagos, alcohol etc). I figured I'd weigh in today and be about 10 lbs heavier like I did when I overate during Memorial day weekend. Today though, I had a 1 lb loss! No idea how that happened. I was good the rest of the week. I figured it was maybe the swimming on Friday and Saturday helped (or maybe just stress haha). That made my morning.

I'm now .6 lbs from having lost 60. I still have a ways to go though.

I did compare my pictures from my birthday this year to in years past and I can see a difference. Maybe I'll get brave and share something if I can figure out how. :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    That looks so gorgeous @peleroja ! I'm adding myself into the group of people that will live vivaciously through you.

Add another to that list. Sounds amazing!!!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    GUYSGUYSGUYSYOUGUYS.
    I spent the whole morning researching and talked to my husband and I think we might get to go to Peru after all in September!

Wow. That's awesome. I really hope you get to go. I've never been on a trip like that so I'm super jealous that you are planning something like that. :) How fun!

YAY for Peru!!!! Ugh I want to go SO BADLY!!!
    This is the wrong quote, but wanted to chime in on your earlier post. Have you asked about getting his brother's car in your name? You need to have some credit. What if something happens to him?
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.

Had a whole post on this but it got eaten, so here's myCliffNotes:

*cue creepy music and/or men in white coats to take me away, whichever you prefer*

I don't think you are crazy. Like I said it was the weirdest thing that for a couple years my whole family was experiencing weird things. Loud bangs and tapping noises, things would move on their own etc. Nothing before or since.

A lot of different things happened but here are a couple examples:

~I had a glass candle holder that was sitting behind a couple other items on a shelf. When I got home from work one day the holder was on the floor and the glass was shattered all over the carpet. For this to happen it would have had to have been picked up and moved over the other items in front of it and slammed against the soft carpet.

~I was at work and I worked at the front desk. I heard the elevator chime as I usually did when someone came up them. I heard and saw the door handle jiggle which used to happen a lot (we had glass on the sides and then a locked wooden door). I went to the door to help let the person in but no one was there. I checked the cameras for that time and couldn't see anyone pass by any of the glass windows.

I love hearing stories like this and the others that were posted...but if they happened to me? I'd cry in a corner forever.

If you get scared easily maybe avoid this haha. I don't want to give anyone nightmares. :)
    It was scary. The worst though was just the feeling of being watched at night. I haven't had any problems with this before or since as I said (just for a while during that time period). So people will probably think I'm crazy but I would be trying to sleep and I felt like if I opened my eyes I would see something evil sitting in front of me staring into my face so I NEVER opened my eyes when I felt like that because I didn't want to see anything.

I spent a lot of nights as a child with this fear. Ever heard of 'shadow people'? When I was a kid I saw a tall shadowy figure standing in my doorway every night. I was terrified and couldn't move. This happened in three different houses, until I was about 16. Thankfully I've never seen it since, but my brother and his girlfriend saw something similar a couple years ago in his room. It wasn't until a few years ago that I learned there are people worldwide who have seen something similar. We can't all be crazy, right? ;)

Yes, shadow people totally freak me out. That is something I NEVER want to see EVER. I'm so sorry that you saw that. I have the chills so bad right now.

Ever see the movie KNOWING with Nicolas Cage? There is one hella creepy part at night where dude enters the kids room all slow and daunting. So many chills....

I have and I don't remember that part. I must have blocked it out. Haha
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    S
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    We drove 14 hours today. Traveling Gluten Free is always a challenge. Breakfast for me was a jerky and a handfull of cashew nuts. Lunch was a wendy's baked potato (Butter and pepper) and a side salad without dressing or croutons. We reached the Denver area around rush hour. We are in the CUTEST B&B (more on that later) We had a lovely dinner and now bed. I have not read and will read probably Saturday P.M. HUGS to all.
    I wanted to share a small victory too. I ate A LOT last weekend (each day had to have been thousands over with the bbq, cake, smores, Old Chicagos, alcohol etc). I figured I'd weigh in today and be about 10 lbs heavier like I did when I overate during Memorial day weekend. Today though, I had a 1 lb loss! No idea how that happened. I was good the rest of the week. I figured it was maybe the swimming on Friday and Saturday helped (or maybe just stress haha). That made my morning.

I did compare my pictures from my birthday this year to in years past and I can see a difference. Maybe I'll get brave and share something if I can figure out how. :)

60 lbs that is so fantastic!!!! Seriously great job!!!
  • kellienw335
    Options

Congratulations! That is fantastic news! Would love to see pics!
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    Confession:

I have not come on this thread for a few days because I felt like the posts I made about my issue with my SO and my issues with struggling to WANT to lose weight were not well received and I felt embarrassed and wished I had not written about those things. Over time I started to feel too comfortable and speaking too freely I guess.

Late last night before bed I noticed I had notifications and checked them which brought me to a few posts here and I saw @Susieq_1994 saying I was avoiding you guys, and I just wanted to make it clear that it was my own issues and not you guys as to why I was not posting here.

I was still posting in the fitbit and Big Brother thread because they felt safe, like single topic threads. Also, as you guys have seen, I am not afraid of confrontation, so it is not like I need everyone to agree with me or anything, about anything, I am not sure why I reacted so strongly, maybe because they were on top of each other, not sure, no idea really, but it affected me for some reason.

In short, I decided that I did not want to become that annoying poster that everyone rolls their eyes at, lol, so I stuck with single topic things, like fitbit and goodreads, status etc. I have not avoided anyone in particular, or felt upset with anyone other than myself.

@Italian_Buju I did not comment on your stuff with your SO, but now I feel like I should have. I totally get where you're coming from. My husband is the sweetest guy. He does all of the cleaning around the house, he even cleans up after the cats that I had before I met him. He leaves me little notes in the mornings telling me he loves me, and does all kinds of other things that I can't enumerate them all here.

However, if I specifically ask for something outside of the norm and he doesn't do it, it drives me absolutely bonkers. This happens on occasion and reminds me of the situation you described. Does it probably seem petty to somebody on the outside looking in? Yes, it usually is. But, I like to be heard, and those situations where I've specifically asked for something and it doesn't happen make me feel like I'm not. I hate that.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 and @LBuehrle8 Retail therapy was so fun. I went To Ricki's and bought 2 new shirts and some capris. Was pretty happy when the first stuff I tried on was too big and the saleslady had to go grab smaller sizes. Yay!!