Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Was Burger Heaven, heaven?! Also, I loved your description of the tater tots being an inspiration. I'm inspired by food a lot lately. :lol:

Yeah inquiring minds want to know!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Was Burger Heaven, heaven?! Also, I loved your description of the tater tots being an inspiration. I'm inspired by food a lot lately. :lol:

Delicious!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I went camping this weekend, and even though everyone was passing around the Fireball straight out of the freezer (yum!), I maintained my #soberdays streak. 159 days!

Good going
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I went camping this weekend, and even though everyone was passing around the Fireball straight out of the freezer (yum!), I maintained my #soberdays streak. 159 days!

Self control...more and more, I think mine is born in the gym. I don't do things that affect my gains.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Highest of fives, my friend! I don't understand the big deal about Fireball, cinnamon and whiskey, not my jam. Rum on the other hand, or amaretto. :yum:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Highest of fives, my friend! I don't understand the big deal about Fireball, cinnamon and whiskey, not my jam. Rum on the other hand, or amaretto. :yum:

Don't knock it 'til you try it - straight out of the freezer. It's yummy. (There's no whiskey taste at all. Just cinnamon. Like a fireball candy.)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Don't knock it 'til you try it - straight out of the freezer. It's yummy. (There's no whiskey taste at all. Just cinnamon. Like a fireball candy.)

But I don't like cinnamon. No Hot Damn, no Atomic Fireballs, no Big Red gum, no Hot Tamales. Nothing cinnamon flavored.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

It's the only flavor of the moonshine that I can stomach, too. Haha.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Quik did I ever tell you you're awesome? Of course I have! Great job!!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I recently spent over a week at Disney World, and 1) I don't like people in general anymore 2) especially foreigners.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    I recently spent over a week at Disney World, and 1) I don't like people in general anymore 2) especially foreigners.

Large crowds have that same effect on me. I hope it wears off soon.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I personally don't care if they are foreign or not... Crowds suck!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

WTF? :angry:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I may be wrong, but I think large crowds are made worse by a language barrier. Actually, anything can be made worse by a language barrier.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Hi, all,

I haven't had much time to update/check in but here is a brief recap:

Nashville was AWESOME! The company, not the city itself. To be honest, I have little desire to go back to Nashville. It was a bit like a college summer break, and given I am not often drinking these days, and never could go out for a night of drinking, it wasn't really my scene. I am sorry my shortened stay limited my ability to go bar hop (soda drinking) to experience the live music, but there you go.

The race was good, I liked the course, the crowds were great and very supportive, we missed the pouring rain as just as Nicci and I were about to get out of the car there was a downpour and Wendy texted us that they had delayed the race by a half hour. So Nicci and I waited and we avoided the pouring rain (yay!), it stayed grey and drizzly a bit through the whole race but cool enough (albeit pretty humid). So, all in nearly perfect marathoning weather.

I was slow on the run. Continuous lack of training and 16 days of 12+ hours of work and 4-5 hours a day of commuting took its toll. But I finished. And the race medal is pretty cool.

After the race Nicci and I opted to go back to the house and shower as we were sticky and Nicci had hurt her hip on the run and we needed showers, plus we had Cherie and Nicci's Mom with us, so we did miss out on Burger Heaven. We didn't realize that Wendy had met up with Tammy to do that, so didn't really get a chance to go, but we did tell Wendy we were going back to the house and meeting up later at the Opry, so ah well.

I wasn't hungry and don't eat meat or dairy so it wasn't much of a miss for me. :smiley:

The Opry was wonderful. We had the BEST time. If I lived in Nashville I would go there all the time. But the getting into the parking part was terrible. And then we had a fun dinner at a place right next to the Opry where we had a great time. I ran to get the car so Nicci's mom didn't have to walk so far, and by the time I got back Tammy and Glen had left so I never got to say a proper goodbye.... So it was great seeing you Tammy! Wendy and Lindy waited til I got back so there were big hugs and goodbye's all around

It was so great to meet Wendy and her husband and we are planning on getting together next time I am in TX (Wendy isn't that far from where I go for work). And to find a few marathons/half marathons to do together now that Wendy has the marathoning bug!

Going to move onto another post to continue this as its getting quite long....
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Part 2:

Sunday we all got up and drove 3.5 hours to Dollywood. That turned out to be a lot of fun! I was expecting it to be a bit corny, but it really was and wasn't at the same time. Dolly Parton is really an amazing woman. We rode a water ride, got soaked and froze a good part of the afternoon, but then did several roller coasters that dried us out. We needed more time there, so now Nicci, Cherie, her Mom and I are all planning a second road trip next year with maybe 2 days (including spa) at Dollywood, a trip to Memphis, and maybe a few other places along the way. Maybe we'll start in Nashville with the marathon again next year. We have to work it out. I have Oman to visit next year too! Plus I registered for the London Marathon so we'll see if I get in there.

After Dollywood we went to a real American dinner in a real 1950's style diner. The British loved it! :) I made them try corn bread (a hit), Texas Toast (not a hit), a root beer float (not a hit), cherry pie (some thought hit/others miss). Then a looooong drive home. I was exhausted. Nicci kept talking to me to keep me awake. :)

Monday we went to a plantation in the AM before I had to leave. Belle Mead. That was interesting, but it was pouring down rain and Nicci and Cherie were a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see more of the grounds of a real plantation (most of this was sold off) and learn more about the not so proud past of slavery. We had invited Tammy to join us but she wasn't able to so we never hooked up again. Maybe next time...!

I flew back Monday afternoon and returned to the 12 hour days in the CO on Tuesday. Today is Day 22 of the strike, Day 18 of non-repeating jeans. I am also going to consider it day 19 as I put on a pair of jeans that were so huge I took them off and put them in the to be donated pile and put on another pair.

Yesterday was very sad for me. Porch Kitten, whom I have been close to catching (would wait for me/follow me/come with in a foot of me) was killed by a car yesterday morning. I found him/her immediately after when I left for the CO. He/she was already dead, but it must have just happened, as I had just fed him/her. I am devastated. I picked him/her up but he/she was clearly dead and so I moved him/her to the side of the road. I wasn't sure what to do with him/her. I came home last night and he/she was still there so I dug a hole next to my porch and buried him/her. I am still really upset and sad about this.

And lastly, I am up an inordinate amount of weight. So, my plan was to go sober again after Nashville (not that I have been drinking much) and now I need to get rid of like 10!!! lbs. I can't understand how I could have gained so much weight working non-stop moving all day at the CO but there you go... I am up 10 lbs since this strike started.

So today is day 1 of #noalcohol (I don't like to say 'sober' it implies I am drunk and since I am very rarely drunk, I'll stick with no alcohol...). I'll see if I can beat Tami's streak after she quits sometime this month, I think (and she is doing amazingly well).

I have so many pictures but having issues with my phone synching to my computer, so need to sort that out then can post.

Take care, all. Back to wiring (and disconnecting) phone service.

Patricia
  • quiksylver296
    Options

No judgement.