is there any chance i could grow taller

Options
Im 26 years old im 5.4 ft i really wish im 2 inches taller im just wondering is there anything that can be done at this point ❓❓ i really never had any issues before with this but ive been trying on wedding dresses those past few days since my wedding is 2 months away

Replies

• khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It's really unlikely, although I did grow an inch after I got married when I was 23 (I was 5'7" for years, and then a year after I was married I got measured again and I was 5'8"). One of my aunts sprouted up 6 inches in college, but she was very short compared to the rest of the family until then. Just one of those freak things you can't plan for.

One thing that really helps me reach my full height is yoga. I tend to naturally slump over, and regular practice of yoga reminds me to do things like "imagine there's a string attached from the top of your head to the ceiling, pulling you up straight," and when I am sitting, "lift your ribcage up off your midsection." Little reminders like that help me catch my poor posture.
  • esraad1989
    esraad1989 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I hate heals
  • esraad1989
    esraad1989 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Unlikely without a cancerous tumor smashing up against your pituitary gland.

Lol your such a shiny ray of sunshine haha
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    esraad1989 wrote: »
    I hate heals

You and me both, girl... I turned 24 and realized that I don't care that much anymore hahaha.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    No. Your dress will get altered to fit you perfectly.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I would just get a comfortable pair of heels and you will appear to be taller. Buy an expensive pair and they won't be so uncomfortable. Its doubtful that at 26 that you will grow two inches taller. A good seamstress and a nice expensive pair of high heels will do the trick.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You're fine just the way you are. :)
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Unlikely without a cancerous tumor smashing up against your pituitary gland.

So there is hope?

And the snark award goes to....

:)not being mean, I really thought this was funny and deserved additional attention:)
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    That being said, I'm 5'2" and the grass is always greener honey. You look lovely in your profile pic and I'm sure you'll be dazzling at your wedding. I have been my height since I was 15. It's not something you can change.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    It's not something you can change.

Yep ... once a woman gets her period, that's pretty much the end of height growth.

After that any addition perception of height is accomplished through high heels and good posture.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    That being said, I'm 5'2" and the grass is always greener honey. You look lovely in your profile pic and I'm sure you'll be dazzling at your wedding. I have been my height since I was 15. It's not something you can change.

Haha at the grass is greener..

I'm 5"8 and have always wanted to be shorter. A petite 5 ft 2 or 3.

• Wombat468
    Wombat468 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    sjohnny wrote: »
    An inch per month is a pretty aggressive height goal. I'm not saying it's impossible but a more modest goal might be better for your long term health.

Haha!!