30 day shred starts tomorrow - anyone wanna join me?

Options

Replies

• Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I actually ordered mine last night so im just waiting for it to come
    cant wait to start tho :)
    Good luck everyone
  • joyfulthanks
    joyfulthanks Posts: 155
    Options
    Rocked the 30 Day Shred level one this morning!
  • colehook
    colehook Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm in!!! I have started but have not been consistent. Looking forward to seeing what the consistency will bring to me. Having others doing it will me will help keep me motivated.
  • renacida
    renacida Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ooo ooo ooo - i wanna play. tulip, is this going to effect the tri-training?
  • commit4me
    commit4me Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I bought this DVD about 2weeks ago but only watched it! Lol i was afraid to start it.... I finally put it in yesterday and got thru level one. I got to say my arms are sore!! But I am sticking to it!! I need to get measurements done today to see some progress. I've heard u loose more inches than weight? Is this true?
    I've lost 14lbs so far doing zumba everyday for 45mins... This got me in better shape for 30ds... I need all the support I can get though!! Tonight will be day 2 of level one!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'm in! If anyone wants to add me so we can motivate each other, please do (but be sure to write a little message saying that's why you want to add me). :flowerforyou:

I did the Shred once before for about 6 days, but then I got shin splints so I had to stop. I did it 6 days in a row. This time around I don't want to do 30 consistent days. I'll probably do the Shred 3-4 times a week.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Can I join you guys? I just finished my day 4, level 1.

The hardest part for me is the jumping jacks! lol!! I just HATE them! I could not even do 2 jumping jacks on the first day, now I can do the whole first set but the second and third set of jumping jacks is really hard.

And my arms! Yow! And I am using very light weights. I was trying to use one of those stretchy bands...but it was way to hard for me so I switched to some light weights. I don't know what they weight, maybe 2 lbs. What weight is everybody using?

Lets do this!
  • MerlinWrites
    Options
    I'm starting this evening. I'm 188 pounds and wishing it was 150. I'm 50 and active. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. Keep me honest, folks?
  • garrettnicole92
    Options
    I started today without even seeing this post! I'm totally in. (:

It straight kicked my butt today - I used 5lb weights because that was all I have ... I'm tempted to switch to 2lb weights, but I feel like the extra weight isn't bad for me, haha.

Also, in case anyone wants to add this into their exercise diary - I read on the internet that you burn ~282 calories doing Level 1 (20 minutes).

I am really excited about this and cant' wait to see results!
  • anglewis
    anglewis Posts: 2
    Options
    Sure! It is a great video and maybe I could stick with it for more than a few days by having others doing it with me! I will have to start tomorrow!
  • Rhojacoby
    Rhojacoby Posts: 3
    Options
    I love the Shred... I've done it before & it's a butt kicking. I'm in. :)
  • anglewis
    anglewis Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow that is a lot of calories! I use 2 or 3 lb weights and my arms are killing me from those. How do you add it to your exercise on my fitness pal?
  • MerlinWrites
    Options
    How much weight do folks usually burn if they stick to it? Anyone know?
  • garrettnicole92
    Options
    Wow that is a lot of calories! I use 2 or 3 lb weights and my arms are killing me from those. How do you add it to your exercise on my fitness pal?

I just looked up approx how many calories you burn doing the exercises and added it to my exercise/cardio for the day.

Anybody else feel up to posting their before measurements?
  • LOLmerrill
    LOLmerrill Posts: 43
    Options
    I just finished day 1. I can say without shame that it kicked my *kitten*. HARD.
  • LOLmerrill
    LOLmerrill Posts: 43
    Options
    The butt kicks are the worst. I had to start side stepping and butt kicking. Ohhhh man.
  • rcknmommy
    rcknmommy Posts: 1
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred last night and I am SORE today!!
  • crazycranberry
    crazycranberry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    OK guys so I just did day one, level 1 of 30day shred!
    O....M.....G!! :noway:
    My butt has been well and truly kicked (literally lol)! I have never hated my TV more than tonight! I have done a few fitness DVD's in the past but this is something else! I am sooooo gonna feel it tomorrow morning aren't I? Oh yeah!!

I will be honest here.......................my upper body strength is not up to much. My core is fairly ok so the abs stuff was not too bad but boy oh boy the push ups I struggled with. Also the lunges I found tough but pushed my way through them!

So all in all, a tough workout but I think it will be worth it if I can stick to it everyday like I hope I can.

I look forward to reading what you thought about it and how you did.

We need to push each other through on this journey.........................:bigsmile:
  • crazycranberry
    crazycranberry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add that I used 1.5kg hand weights (approx 3.3lbs each) for day 1, level 1. Hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew!
    Would be good to know the weights that you are using too.

Thanks guys
    :smile:
  • Prettiejesse
    Options
    I started today and was dripping with sweat, im in!