Women over 40 who want to lose weight, support and motivate each other.

Options

Replies

• Betsyk2001
    Betsyk2001 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    I will be 38 this Summer. But am already peri-menopausal and have over 100 lbs to lose. Gawd. I hate even saying that. I was HOT about 10 years ago. :( Can I get in?!
    Diem78 wrote: »
    I will be 38 this Summer. But am already peri-menopausal and have over 100 lbs to lose. Gawd. I hate even saying that. I was HOT about 10 years ago. :( Can I get in?!

• Betsyk2001
    Betsyk2001 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be in too. I'm into the yo-yo syndrome-- lose then gain it back:( I'm not sure how to join this group though. Is there an ad button somewhere ?? Thanks!
  • MrsWellzy73
    MrsWellzy73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I turn 43 soon and would love some friends in the same age bracket for accountability. Feel free to add me :)
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    I will post the link to the group later. If you search on groups it's called Healthy women over 40.
  • Out4More2
    Out4More2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in. I lost over 100 lbs five years ago and I've gained back almost 30 and really feeling it.
  • jaxtraxdiet
    jaxtraxdiet Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Please add me too!!!
  • suarez73
    suarez73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm back and have started losing! Feeling good but I would really like to have some friends for encouragement and accountability. Feel free to add me. Can't have too many friends or too much support!
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am 42 with over 100 lbs to lose. Lost my first 5 and it feel AMAZING! I know it's only 5, but it's what I needed to kick start me on the journey. I am excited to not do this alone! :)
  • jlm2676
    jlm2676 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I just turned 40 and have about 80lbs to lose!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Here is the link of the group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113716-healthy-women-over-40-support-accountability-group.

If anyone is interested request to join. This is just for support not to sell anything or any product. Anyone can add me as a friend. This is for support, accountability. No judgment or harsh comments. We are not experts. Just women helping women.

Thanks!

• prgirl39mfp
    Options
    I am 42 with over 100 lbs to lose. Lost my first 5 and it feel AMAZING! I know it's only 5, but it's what I needed to kick start me on the journey. I am excited to not do this alone! :)

WONDERFUL!!!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    tpharis68 wrote: »
    Love to be in this as well. I am turning 48 this year....with a goal to lose 30 pounds. Some 'baby' weight (mine is 17 yrs old) and the rest is due to ACL and hysterectomy surgery the past 7 months....no exercise and a bit frustrated with life. Now I'm ready to really get my life back and make myself a priority. Funny, I knew I was not the only over 40 woman looking to lose weight - sometimes it feels that way - but this string is incredibly motivating.

Glad you are here. You are not alone
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 45 in 5 weeks! I've lost about 20 in the past 8 weeks (weigh in day tomorrow), 65 more to go. I like to be active on my homepage with posts and discussions, recipes, etc. I have started to get a great group of friends there and would love some more. Please add me, and anyone else who is in this thread that feels the same and wants to be active and have friends in common for discussions, please add me as well!
  • IdrissaBoo
    IdrissaBoo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I just turned 43 with a pending hip replacement...not much activity. Just started back on MFP yesterday. Day 2. I need to lose 20lbs. My Fitness Pal Sisters, LET'S DO THIS!!
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. Looking to drop 35 pounds. I'm 49 and would love to be part of a support group.
  • NonDebutante3dot0
    NonDebutante3dot0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello, hello! 50 this year!
  • jlzimmer1460
    jlzimmer1460 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Please add me. 42 about to turn 43 and need to lose 50 plus pounds. Seems like I get started and something always get me off track. Would love the support and encouragement.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I added most or all of you too!