New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• dcraven16
    dcraven16 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    jenjim2021 wrote: »
    Might not be new, but new to me! Fiber One Mint Chocolate 90 cal brownie. Delicious. I also tried and liked the new Weight Watchers cluster cereal with dried cherries. Had a really sweet flavor to it. I'll be buying both again.

Fiber One 90 cal Lemon Bars and Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie bars are sooooo good as well. They're both good for morning and the cookie is like a desert so it's a good treat too.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    bbyvnnwp0fz7.png

I decided to try this for two reasons: I can't eat wheat right now and it is high in protein (14g in 56g dry, which is 200cal). It's not very good though. It warns not to overcook it, which I didn't - it was definitely still al dente. But it was also disintegrating into bean mush on the edges, and it left a kind of bean paste in the bottom of the bowl. Also, there's nothing in it except black bean flour, and it could definitely use some salt. You need a very very flavourful sauce for it. I basically just tasted beans with a slight tomato hint when I ate it with TJs mushroom pasta sauce. I also had to add salt to my bowl. I definitely won't buy it again, and I may even return this one (TJs has a generous return policy).
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    5tyhns78u687.jpeg

These kettle chips are quite good. Subtle lime notes and the chili is there but does not over power the chip at all. I like them a lot more than the jalapeño version of kettle cooked potato chips. Will definitely buy again, as Kroger has them on sale $2 for a bag quite often.

ly6swwqkdmsq.jpeg

Has anyone tried this cold brew yet? I have a coupon and want to know if it's worth it. I'd get the unsweet black version. It looks quite good as I love iced coffee.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    bbyvnnwp0fz7.png

I decided to try this for two reasons: I can't eat wheat right now and it is high in protein (14g in 56g dry, which is 200cal). It's not very good though. It warns not to overcook it, which I didn't - it was definitely still al dente. But it was also disintegrating into bean mush on the edges, and it left a kind of bean paste in the bottom of the bowl. Also, there's nothing in it except black bean flour, and it could definitely use some salt. You need a very very flavourful sauce for it. I basically just tasted beans with a slight tomato hint when I ate it with TJs mushroom pasta sauce. I also had to add salt to my bowl. I definitely won't buy it again, and I may even return this one (TJs has a generous return policy).

I don't have a good experience with bean pasta as a whole... just yuck.

I bought these yesterday

flats_cranalmond-(1)

I like them a lot. Reminds me of some cookies my family used to make us for Christmas. Probably not as filling as oatmeal for the calories though... but at least they have fiber!

And this, after looking for it for months

F125434044.png

Too sweet for me, sticky, and tastes more like peaches. Not bad, but at the price and macros, probably not worth buying again. I'm disappointed, so hard to find tasty apricot products in this country!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    k5ohlp0rb7gt.jpg

Kinda excited about the root beer poptarts haha... Now they just need a root beer flavored Oreo
    If these flavors are Wal Mart exclusive, I'm going to scream.

These flavors seem promising.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    watermelon-agave.png

This tastes like a real watermelon. Im not sure id spend money on a full pack, but it tastes really good.

That looks good. I'll have to check & see if Giant carries this.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Anyone else seen these?

http://usa.fage.eu/yogurts/fage-crossovers

I saw some of them at Shop Rite but the flavors left me extremely dubious, so I didn't bother. I think they had carrot ginger pistachio, coconut curry, olive thyme. Sadly not the caramel one or coconut/chocolate one or I would have been all over it.

I tried the carrot ginger one, it was pretty good. The yogurt on its own kind of tasted like an extremely mild carrot cake. I don't think I would like the olive oil or tomato basil one, I don't really like savory greek yogurt.

I'm not a huge carrot fan, but I love Ginger so I'll definitely be on the lookout.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    o8ic5v.jpg

This was pretty good. The sage was a very mild aftertaste, it mostly tasted like blackberry iced tea. It was good but I probably wouldn't get it again when I can get cheaper fruity iced tea.
  • Francl27
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Found it

under_thematic_crossovers_caramelalmond.jpg

Very tasty. Big amount of almonds compared to Chobani Flips IMO (probably where most of the calories come from). Yogurt is mildly flavored but very creamy. Will definitely be a repeat buy if I find it cheaper.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Bought these at Walmart for $2.69. Much cheaper than a box of Kind bars... I actually prefer the ingredients list of these. I love every single thing in it. General Mills isn't so evil after all. :smiley:

NV_Simple_Nut_Bar_Almond_Cashew_Sea_Salt.ashx
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    @bmarge10288 if you like chocolate. Try D Naturals Chocolate Smores. One of the best.

n1u3ofc7swqn.jpg

I bought the Vanilla Maple flavor & will review once it comes in.
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    @bmarge10288 if you like chocolate. Try D Naturals Chocolate Smores. One of the best.

n1u3ofc7swqn.jpg

this is totally on my list next time I make a big order.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I'm not one to drink my calories but I got this for free and oh man it's tasty. Not too sweet either. And for once the sucralose doesn't bother me.

51aoxXWL4cL._SX300_.jpg
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options

n1u3ofc7swqn.jpg

Next week on the 8th the new flavors will be at the Vitamin stores. Check them out.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Just bought the Flapjacked original buttermilk mix. 200 calories, 20g of protein per serving. I hope they're good!

Has anyone tried these? Any advice on cooking temp/time?

Trying to add some more easy meals to the mix, meat and veggies is getting old. And I love breakfast for dinner!
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options

n1u3ofc7swqn.jpg

Next week on the 8th the new flavors will be at the Vitamin stores. Check them out.

ahhhh awesome! thank you! remind me hahaha
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    MyCokeRewards is sending me messages about it. Is anyone near a 7/11 interested in trying the Diet Coke Slushee?

I am, but we don't have them in Houston. :disappointed:
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I got the diet coke slurpee! Was YUMMY! I used to eat slurpees all the time as a kid. I am glad they finally came out with a diet coke one.

Tried this caramel peanut butter, was delicious!!! I was hoping they would of sent me some of the other flavors, but they send me this one to try. I would buy again. I like a lot better than pb2. The caramel flavor tastes really good with the peanut butter, almost reminds me of a butterfinger taste. Really good!
    cy074k8j59a8.png
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I got the diet coke slurpee! Was YUMMY! I used to eat slurpees all the time as a kid. I am glad they finally came out with a diet coke one.

Tried this caramel peanut butter, was delicious!!! I was hoping they would of sent me some of the other flavors, but they send me this one to try. I would buy again. I like a lot better than pb2. The caramel flavor tastes really good with the peanut butter, almost reminds me of a butterfinger taste. Really good!
    cy074k8j59a8.png

Intriguing!

I went to Whole (Paycheque) Foods today, and saw many things that are at least new to me. I only go to WF when I'm after a specific item that I can't get at Kroger or TJs, because I can't justifying paying their prices for something I can get across the street for way less. Anyway, here's some of the things I picked up:

k37rvmlkm4ad.png

So good! The chocolate base tastes like that from the other chocolate cashew milk offerings - a yummy, intense chocolate flavour and the slight cashew taste complements it well - and the cookie bits are delicious! So, so, so much better than the almond milk cookies and cream one (which I threw out)! Yum! [Ok, this was one of the main reasons I went to WF... :smile: ] I like it better than my Lactaid cookies and cream ice cream!

0fww2blkb5kq.jpg

150 calories and 8g of protein, so it's actually a decent greek yogurt imitation nutritionally, unlike some "greek style yogurt alternatives" that are just thicker. I haven't tried it yet. I also got the strawberry.

nlqa1vu1cl22.jpg

The unsweetened one has 60 calories and 10g of protein in a cup. Hopefully the added protein (rice and pea) doesn't make it taste funky.

8jfxfjimltwh.png

Sweetened with stevia!

eqhhzo7djdfm.jpg

I also picked this up at TJs. I plan on baking some chicken in it.