New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    b0hdvahg0113.jpeg
    So good and tasted exactly like cookie dough. It is almost bizarre how realistic it tastes. I felt like violet from charlie and the chocolate factory haha. I have also tried their birthday cake and gingerbread flavor and both were really good.

The flavor only last for a little bit though, then it tastes boring. Fun to try and I loved it, but not something I would buy again and again.

I don't know how I feel about Cookie Dough gum?

I do remember some of the Extra Dessert gums having a tasty flavor so who knows?

Where'd you find it?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    @vinegar_husbands

If Giant ever gets any of the Sheep yogurts I'll have to give them a try.

I wish they still had more of the Angie's Sugar Cookie popcorn or basically any of the holiday limited edition flavors. So good.
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    Although not technically new, it's a great seasonal item I look forward to and now they are here. The Thomas Cranberry English Muffins.

http://www.thestuntzombie.com/2014/11/thomas-cranberry-english-muffins.html?m=1

I am normally not a cranberry fan, but these are delicious. I also spread a wedge of light laughing cow Swiss cheese on these. It's amazing! It's great with butter (or a good substitute ) or brie cheese (the laughing cow is a lesser calorie option).
  • triddering
    I just found is type of kale. I don't know if it's the type or the brand, but the flavor is milder from other kale I have bought before and I like it a lot more! I use in scrambled eggs and turkey breast chili. I like this flavor so much that I am going to eat this in salads too, which I normally don't like!

23smj9bzolob.jpeg
  • Tigerlily2u
    Tigerlily2u Posts: 8 Member
    My new fav is a yogurt by Noosa....it's strawberry rhubarb....it's thick and creamy and the fruit adds a touch of sweetness!
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    I tried the mango cone crisp Chobani Simply 100 crunch. The mango pieces are indeed pretty hard - not quite break-your-tooth levels, but definitely requires some caution. Again, I'm not super impressed. It's totally edible and a good attempt for 100 calories, but the yogurt is kind of boring. I like it better than the strawberry, but would rather have a more flavourful and slightly higher calorie greek yogurt without the mix-ins, or save up for a flip or Muller if I want one with mix ins (or make my own, for that matter). I won't get another.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    I've had some nasty experiences with mango flavored yogurt, but I love this.
    81SgL6J7U6L._SR280,280_.jpg
    I love the Redwood yogurts too! We always sell out of the quarts at work, but no one ever buys the little single-serve cups (our customers are too conscious of added sugar) so they always go out of date and I always get a bunch for free. I've literally gotten entire cases of that stuff when no one bought it. Still perfectly good to eat and everything! I don't know why the girl that does the weekly grocery order keeps ordering them, but I'm glad she does! Saves me money. :)

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    triddering wrote: »
    Although not technically new, it's a great seasonal item I look forward to and now they are here. The Thomas Cranberry English Muffins.

http://www.thestuntzombie.com/2014/11/thomas-cranberry-english-muffins.html?m=1

I am normally not a cranberry fan, but these are delicious. I also spread a wedge of light laughing cow Swiss cheese on these. It's amazing! It's great with butter (or a good substitute ) or brie cheese (the laughing cow is a lesser calorie option).

I was disappointed in those. Tasted a bit too tart/bitter for me I guess. I didn't have the apple pie one much either though.

This thread makes me want to try Noosa again though. I wasn't impressed the first time but who knows?
  • slmelvin77
    slmelvin77 Posts: 1 Member
    Sweet Earth Protein Lover's and Baja breakfast burritos. 20+ grams of protein, vegetarian, and natural ingredients. Great tasting, filling on the go breakfast.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    23901601840_5a1fa6e42e_o.jpg
    Maybe these can tide me over until the cinnamon bun Oreos show up.

Heck, I still need to try the hot cocoa Chips Ahoy. I hope I'm not too late...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

I'd try the salted caramel one. I have a hard time moderating myself with Pepperidge Farm cookies though.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited January 2016
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

I seen Giant had some of the Russell Stover eggs out. I didn't see any flavors I wanted so I passed.

Every time I go to the Super Center I have to look at the cookie aisle to see if they're there yet.
  • YaGirlMaddi
    YaGirlMaddi Posts: 88 Member
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

The chips arn't terrible, but you should really stay away from protein bars and protein chips unless you need them to meet macros. They are processed and a lot of protein bars have TONS of sugar and artificial crap. Also, they has soy which can be bad for women's estrogen levels (horrible cramps and horrible periods, for example). I buy PURE protein bars, which the first ingredients are all whey proteins and they have 2g of sugar.
  • triddering
    edited January 2016
    Found these and love them! I didn't want the higher calories of the new Chobani, so I was glad to find this Dannon L&F. So delish!

hez3m9oe2uh3.jpeg
    c7v7e3cazez8.jpeg
  • triddering
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

The chips arn't terrible, but you should really stay away from protein bars and protein chips unless you need them to meet macros. They are processed and a lot of protein bars have TONS of sugar and artificial crap. Also, they has soy which can be bad for women's estrogen levels (horrible cramps and horrible periods, for example). I buy PURE protein bars, which the first ingredients are all whey proteins and they have 2g of sugar.

I like the bars as a quick convenient snack, but not every day, but I really despised the flavor of the chips!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member

Pure protein bars are processed.

As for the cinnamon oreos, the brownie batter were a Walmart exclusive too, right? They eventually showed up in Kroger and Target.

I actually walk in Target most every work day because of the weather and EVERY TIME I walk by the cookies, I look. EVERY day.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    triddering wrote: »

I like the bars as a quick convenient snack, but not every day, but I really despised the flavor of the chips!

Awwwww really? I love the cheddar and and sour cream flavor. I think they taste closest to the real chip counterpart.
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Finally found and tried the Blue Bunny Holi-doodle Ice Cream and OMG total game changer! So delish. Yummy cinnamon and frosting swirls with crunchy sugary bits. YUM.

For the South Texas folks - Also tried the HEB Candy Cane 2wisters. They were better than expected. Kind of reminded me of a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie - just less fudgy. :)